Home

What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather?

Posted By: flucko

What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 04:26 AM

I know this topic is kind of ridiculous but just out of curiosity, I was wondering what people would like to eat while watching any of the films in The Godfather trilogy. The films are quite lengthy and it's always nice to have food in company during a 3hrs+ film. Buttered popcorn? Chocoate bars? Cannolis? Or even nothing? smile
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 12:41 PM

Originally posted by flucko:
I know this topic is kind of ridiculous but just out of curiosity, I was wondering what people would like to eat while watching any of the films in The Godfather trilogy. The films are quite lengthy and it's always nice to have food in company during a 3hrs+ film. Buttered popcorn? Chocoate bars? Cannolis? Or even nothing? smile
nothing. You don't feel hungry while you're watching a masterpiece. smile
Posted By: McCluskey

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 01:04 PM

Can o peas my ass: Ritz crackers and chopped liver, what else? wink
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 02:40 PM

orange ranges

grin

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 02:47 PM

I usually don't eat while watching either GF movie. If I am, it's whatever happens to be dinner that evening. Nothing specific.

A
Posted By: henry

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 03:56 PM

Philco,your post triggered a thought.What if Micheal met the cop and Barzini in an Olive Garden restaurant.He wouldn't of had to shoot them,just let'em eat the food.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 05:49 PM

Pasta with Clemenza's recipe for sauce and red wine.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 06:55 PM

Mozzarella with tomatoes and olive oil
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 07:13 PM

I have the freezer filled with pasta! So Ive watched the Godfather eating Pasta over a zillion times, so nowadays I prefer just to have a good pizza. Like the first time I saw it in the 70's.

Fortunato
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/20/06 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[b] I know this topic is kind of ridiculous but just out of curiosity, I was wondering what people would like to eat while watching any of the films in The Godfather trilogy. The films are quite lengthy and it's always nice to have food in company during a 3hrs+ film. Buttered popcorn? Chocoate bars? Cannolis? Or even nothing? smile
nothing. You don't feel hungry while you're watching a masterpiece. smile [/b]
Well, Lavinia, I am always hungry lol A friend of mine said that I ate more than all his uncles (Three italian guys from Lower East Side... Let me see if I remember their names, one was Fabrizio the other was Ricardo and the other one, I aint remember)
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/22/06 03:45 AM

veal, the best in the city.
Posted By: McCluskey

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/22/06 08:14 AM

Let's not forget a good Miami-style Tuna Sandwich.
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/22/06 10:02 AM

I just watched The Godfather 2 last night and with the movie I had a delicious plate full of ravioli and meat sauce. It was a relaxing setting and I enjoyed the movie and meal. It was quiet in my house, being that it was 4 AM. I had a good time watching it. I thought it was funny you asked that.
Posted By: Puzo

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/22/06 09:45 PM

i wudn't want 2 eat anythin..but sum red wine..wid a ciggerette..dat wud b amazin if u know wat am sayin cool
Posted By: Vizzini

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/25/06 11:15 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
Pasta with Clemenza's recipe for sauce and red wine.
I'LL SECOND THAT

Except i try to seal the sausages and meatballs in before shoving them into the tomatoes...
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/25/06 11:30 PM

Cannolis! with the Chocolate chips in them those are my favorite.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 02:05 AM

Pasta, lots and lots of pasta. wink Seriously though yeah, I don't know, spaghetti meatballs, fettucine alfredo, gyros, burgers, popcorn/chips, biryani, kebabs, shawerma sandwiches, hotdogs/hamburgers, fast food whatever. As has already been pointed out, when you are watching a work of art like The Godfather Trilogy (yes Part III is a part of The TRILOGY wink lol ) or any quality movie whether it be The Usual Suspects or Malcolm X or Gandhi or Traffic or Snatch or G.O.N.Y. or whatever it doesn't really matter what you eat, provided the food of choice doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the film and you've got a lot of beer and/or coke/pepsi, nestea, coffee/tea to wash it all down with!!
Posted By: Montauk

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 04:40 AM

Chinese food or really rich cheesy, meaty lasagna.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 08:04 AM

Some personal favorites from Il Ristorante Vitelli:

Pasta alla Carbonara

Pasta w/garlic and oil (and sometimes tuna or shrimp)

Penne or Ziti w/broccoli and (hot) Italian sausage

Capellini or Linguini w/basil pesto (and sometimes tuna)

Pasta with our House Special tomato sauce (sometimes w/sausage, depending on how ambitious I feel)

Tortellini w/prosciutto or ham, peas, mushrooms, and cream

There are others, but these are my personal favorites. Oh, and let's not forget the garlic bread. Beer and wine are optional, but also very enjoyable. We have a small TV/VCR in the Vitelli kitchen, so I can do my (very) late-night cooking while watching television or a film. I have found, over the years, that it can be virtually impossible for me to watch The Godfather (or its sequels) without wanting to cook (and eat) something! Actually, there are several other movies that fall into this category as well. (For example, I defy anyone to sit through GoodFellas without getting hungry.)

Recipes posted on request. smile

Signor V.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Don Jasani:
shawerma sandwiches,
Don Jasani,

What is a Shwerma Sandwich?

Don Cardi cool

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 02:47 PM

I think he means Shoarma... But I don't know what that is. ohwell
Posted By: Pietro Morello

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 06:23 PM

Something traditional, Spag bowl or Lasuange (How ever the hell ya spell it)

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 06:37 PM

Originally posted by Pietro Morello:
Lasuange (How ever the hell ya spell it)
Spaghetti, and Lasagna (singular) and Lasagne (plural).
Posted By: Pietro Morello

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/26/06 06:49 PM

Cheers mate.

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/27/06 01:53 AM

Shawarma (also spelled Shawerma, or Shoarma or Shoerma or in certain countries is called Donair or Donair Kebab) is a Middle Eastern dish of shredded meat that is spiced and flavoured. Don't know too much about the spices and flavourings but garlic, olive oil, onions and other goodies are usually involved in the prep. The dish is either served as a dinner (in a plate with whatever else you want ((veggies, Tahina, hummous etc.)) or as a sandwich, pretty much the same thing but in a sandwich. wink tongue The dish is quite similar to the Greek food gyros and is one of my favourite foods. Anyone who's ever in T.O. should go to Farhat Shawarma & Falaffel in Scarborough for the best in town!
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/27/06 05:38 AM

SOLLOZZO: Try the Shawarma, it's the best in Ontario.

MCCLUSKEY: I'll have it.

wink

Signor V.

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/27/06 06:25 AM

Lol! lol Lol! S.V. I love it! Man, seriously we should have a Gangster BB reunion in The Great White North in my hometown. If you want Arab fast food, as I said Farhat in Scarborough is the best, it's my favourite joint at least. There's also Wadi Al-Nil (The Nile River) where you can smoke cigarettes/cigars/pipes and shishah (hookah or waterpipe) indoors and gamble and play cards and stuff. The food at Wadi Al-Nil is so so, but the atmosphere, ambience, surroundings and filling it up with old and new friends more than make up for it. If you want real good Arab food in a nice sit down restaurant with a great ambience and decent prices Jerusalem in North York is the place. One of these days we all got to get together for food/drink and talk...Just no attempted whackings eh?! smile grin lol wink tongue

Oh yeah, and if you guys prefer Italian on any given night there are literally too many places to name in T.O. however La Dolce Vita in Parkway Forest in North York (my old neighbourhood) is pretty decent and there is a private room that can be rented out. Just thinking out loud folks...Whatever.

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/27/06 04:03 PM

Originally posted by Don Jasani:
Shawarma (also spelled Shawerma, or Shoarma or Shoerma or in certain countries is called Donair or Donair Kebab) is a Middle Eastern dish of shredded meat that is spiced and flavoured.
Back here it is made only by Turks (but eten by everyone wink ) and called Döner Kebab.
Posted By: Frankie_Pedrino

Re: What do you like to eat while watching The Godfather? - 03/27/06 05:15 PM

I just eat whatevers neccassery at the time, but I can understand why one would want to eat something pacific.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET