Home

Miss Tessio?

Posted By: mustachepete

Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 02:12 AM

I don't know if this is something that everyone's noticed, or if I'm the only one: when Johnny Fontane starts singing at the wedding, the camera pans across a row of swooning young girls. One of them had pigtails, and a face exactly like Abe Vigoda's.

Anyone else ever notice this? She also looks a lot like Sara Jessica Parker.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 02:43 AM

I know which one you mean....man, was she ug-leee. lol

Tessio was around 60 or so, though; she might've been a bit young to be his daughter, as she appeared to be maybe around, what, 15?.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 02:57 AM

Oh yeah, she was the girl making the weird "ohmigodIcan'tbelieveit'sJohnnyFontaine!" motion with her hands...

Yuck.

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 05:31 AM

I guess I should have been more clear up there. I'm wondering if that was actually Abe Vigoda's daughter/granddaughter. Like John Ford, Coppola always liked to have family around.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 05:34 AM

Originally posted by mustachepete:
Damnit! I liked Sara Jessica Parker!

Now I can't look at her without thinking about Tessio.

Totally ruins the mood!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 05:39 AM

So are you saying Sara Jessica Parker looks like a female version of Abe Vigoda?

I do recall the girl your talking about...and while I'll admit she's no great beauty, I wouldn't have ever thought of her as ugly.

Got to admit I always admired the casting of those young women...they looked like typical 1940's teenagers, not 1972 teenagers dressed up in 30 year old clothes.

Apple
Posted By: olivant

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/12/06 07:33 PM

Apple, I agree. By the way, those of you who think they look ugly should take a look in a mirror or your souls!
Posted By: henry

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/13/06 05:57 PM

Mustbepete, Stop me if this is to far out but could it have been Tessio? Could he have been wearing a disguise to mingle with the crowd as part of a security operation. Another possibility, in light of the recurring theme of homosexuality/bisexuality in the gf is that he was a crossdresser.It was kind of weird that he was dancing with that little girl.Every time I watch the gf I seem to unveil another layer of perversion, to detect yet one more permutation of the melancoly pleasures of the Columbine clan.

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/13/06 07:20 PM

Originally posted by henry:
Mustbepete, Stop me if this is to far out but could it have been Tessio? Could he have been wearing a disguise to mingle with the crowd as part of a security operation. Another possibility, in light of the recurring theme of homosexuality/bisexuality in the gf is that he was a crossdresser.It was kind of weird that he was dancing with that little girl.Every time I watch the gf I seem to unveil another layer of perversion, to detect yet one more permutation of the melancoly pleasures of the Columbine clan.
Always exempting, of course, The Godfather himself, who was notoriously straitlaced in matters of sex.
Posted By: Michael_Corleone_is_sexy

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/13/06 07:52 PM

OMG, Sarah looks a lot better than that girl does... eek lol

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/14/06 03:16 AM

Kind of interesting that even the folks who aren't comfortable with the question know exactly which one I'm asking about....
Posted By: McCluskey

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/14/06 09:55 AM

Originally posted by henry:
Mustbepete, Stop me if this is to far out but could it have been Tessio? Could he have been wearing a disguise to mingle with the crowd as part of a security operation. Another possibility, in light of the recurring theme of homosexuality/bisexuality in the gf is that he was a crossdresser.
I agree: Tessio was a drag queen. Remeber: He put makeup on his eyes before he went to Vito's place to talk about the Fanucci affair. A pity that Mama was around...

In the end his fate was his mistress relationship with Barzini.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/16/06 08:21 PM

Originally posted by McCluskey:
I agree: Tessio was a drag queen. Remeber: He put makeup on his eyes before he went to Vito's place to talk about the Fanucci affair.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

AHA...a plotline for Godfather 4 --- Brokeback Caporegimes
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/17/06 11:05 AM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
AHA...a plotline for Godfather 4 --- Brokeback Caporegimes
lol Oh man... And it's so much funnier if you imagine "I can't quit you" in their tough-guy NY accents!

Btw, I bet 3-5 years after Godfather, when that girl grew up a bit, she started wearing makeup, got her eyebrows done, maybe got a nose job after a few more years, and didn't look half bad anymore. Maybe some of you have even hit on her at a NY club or something, and didn't even know it. tongue

But yeah, I always thought she looked like Tessio too, if it was a real wedding that I was at and I saw them both there, there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that they were related.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Miss Tessio? - 03/17/06 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] AHA...a plotline for Godfather 4 --- Brokeback Caporegimes
lol Oh man... And it's so much funnier if you imagine "I can't quit you" in their tough-guy NY accents!

[/b]
I was thinkikng of actual lines in the Godfather...like

"I don't want him coming out of there with just his dick in his hands."

or

May their first child be a masculine child.

and lest we forget the reinterpretaion of the whole "Superman" club scene.
Posted By: Montauk

Re: Miss Tessio? - 04/07/06 02:05 AM

I don't know if this is something that everyone's noticed, or if I'm the only one: when Johnny Fontane starts singing at the wedding, the camera pans across a row of swooning young girls. One of them had pigtails, and a face exactly like Abe Vigoda's.

Given that FFC used a lot of famiglia in bit parts, I've often wondered if that's, maybe, Nicolas Cage's mom.
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: Miss Tessio? - 04/07/06 03:30 AM

Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b]Anyone else ever notice this? She also looks a lot like Sara Jessica Parker.
Damnit! I liked Sara Jessica Parker!

Now I can't look at her without thinking about Tessio.

Totally ruins the mood! [/b]
You did???? Or are you just fooling aroun, Goombah?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET