Home

Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations

Posted By: Just Lou

Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/29/10 11:00 PM

I took my newest camera with me to NYC and snapped a few photos. The 1st two pictures are easily recognizable as the place where Don Barzini met his demise. The 2nd two pictures are almost unrecognizable as the former home of Don Corleone's office and Genco Olive Oil Co.

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/29/10 11:11 PM

Nice photos..

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 12:28 AM

Thanks. I'm actually not happy with any pictures I took today, but it's my own fault. I messed around too much with the camera settings.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 03:18 AM

Thanks for posting those Lou. I enjoy looking at GF sites pic's.

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 04:17 AM

You're welcome. smile
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 03:09 PM

JL,

Nice pictures. I can visualize Genco Oil Co. Where exactly was the location of Genco? Little Italy? I don't remember. confused

TIS

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 03:17 PM

It used to be Little Italy (Mott St.), but it got absorbed into Chinatown. It's funny that I've been past that sight a few times including last month, but yesterday I couldn't remember the damn building number. I need a little help from 'someone' to refresh my memory. whistle wink
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 07:11 PM

WOW!

Thanks for sharing! grin
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 09:17 PM

Great shots, JL, especially the courthouse. It's really a beautiful building. We had dinner in Little Italy with Beth, Geoff and Plaw several years ago and we tried to find the building on Mott Street. It could have been almost any of them.

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 05/30/10 11:01 PM

Thanks. I think my next places to venture to will be the St Regis Hotel and Old St Pats.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 06/02/10 04:36 PM

Good job Lou. While you're in Manhattan, stop into the Edison Hotel (between 8th and B'way...44th, 45th??). I know TIS stayed there. wink Take a shot of the hallway, its the one Luca walks down on his way to meet Bruno and Sollozzo.

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 06/02/10 06:18 PM

That's another good one. I get that one mixed up with the St Regis.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 06/02/10 06:23 PM

these are awesome! also, since it is in my vicinity, i should probably get a shot of the formerly known "Hotel Washington" now called the "W Hotel". It got renovated and the image has changed as well, now catering to a younger crowd with a rooftop nightspot, etc. if/when i do, i'll be sure to add to your thread, JL.

smile
pp

Re: Some photos of a couple of Godfather locations - 06/02/10 06:28 PM

Sounds good. Maybe this will inspire me to ride my bike over the 'Corleone Mall' and take some new pics. cool
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET