Home

Was Anthony Gay?

Posted By: dontomasso

Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 06:51 PM

I always thought that Anthony was a bit effeminate and a mama's boy. There is no indication in GF III that he had any love interest, and I am wondering if the tension between Michael and Tony went beyond his musical aspirations. Tony seemed kind of lonely and "different" as a child, and he also hung out with Fredo a lot, which if the Godfather Returns is correct, also may have had those tendencies.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 07:12 PM

DT, you are kidding, right? If so grin ,

From the boat scene in part two, I have suspicion that Al Neri was also gay. Why would Fredo and Neri go on a boat ride, they were not even friends.
Kay and connie were also lesbians. Remember after michael threw kay out of his house, she used to secretly visit connie on the pretext of meeting with her children.
Actually Clemenza and Tessio were also gay. Why were they always hanging out together?
more to come...... lol lol lol
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 08:01 PM

Originally posted by svsg:
DT, you are kidding, right? If so grin ,

From the boat scene in part two, I have suspicion that Al Neri was also gay. Why would Fredo and Neri go on a boat ride, they were not even friends.
Kay and connie were also lesbians. Remember after michael threw kay out of his house, she used to secretly visit connie on the pretext of meeting with her children.
Actually Clemenza and Tessio were also gay. Why were they always hanging out together?
COOL DOWN
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 08:13 PM

No I am not kidding... just throwing it out there
Posted By: svsg

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 09:56 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
No I am not kidding... just throwing it out there
Then it is quite far fetched. Being a bit effeminate does not mean he is gay. Also hanging out with uncles is perfectly normal for a kid whose father does not have enough time to spare for his kids. And also remember that he was serious about his music career. He might not have had time for girls, in addition to the problem some girls may have about him being the son of a gangster. My opinion is that Puzo and FFC would have indicated it if they wanted their character to be a homosexual. If it is a "what if" scenario, still my answer remains that Anthony was not a gay, based on the arguments I provided above.
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 11:32 PM

dt, you have a dry sense of humour.

You're doing a great impression of a newbie initial post, deadpan.

Nice one! lol
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/13/05 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
Originally posted by svsg:
[b] DT, you are kidding, right? If so grin ,

COOL DOWN [/b]
?????

Anyway, I don't know, DT. He very well could be, for all we know.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/14/05 01:11 AM

I thought at first that he might have been but then I thought he seemed a little like Fredo I haven't read the Godfather returns but sometimes Fredo did seem a little gay but after part 2 I thought maybe he was just sensitive.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/14/05 10:20 AM

Just because he was sensitive and willing to be a singer instead of a gangster doesn't mean he was gay! eek As far as we know, he may as well be gay, but this was not my impression. I rather noticed that he was simply different from his father and more similar, at least to some extent, to his uncle Fredo. I said "at least to some extent" because he actually strongly fought (with a little help from his mother) to make his dream come true (becoming an opera singer in spite of his father's projects), thus showing a temper Fredo had not.

I also thought you were kidding, DT! lol
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/14/05 03:16 PM

I think because the people in this forum have discussed virtually every scene possible in the Godfather, there is much less to talk about so people are getting bored and throwing stuff in that doesn't even make sense.

Whatever floats your boat.
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/14/05 05:24 PM

[quote]Don Charter
I think because the people in this forum have discussed virtually every scene possible in the Godfather, there is much less to talk about so people are getting bored and throwing stuff in that doesn't even make sense.

Yes, to be fair, that has been happening for a fair old while now.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/20/05 05:42 PM

When you think about it, are not all Mafia members gay? Afterall, they hang out with each other in secret places all the time almost to the exclusion of anybody else. They don't appear to spend much time with their families. Their loyalty is to each other - all guys. In fact, they swear such loyalty, don't they? They are willing to scratch each other's eyes out for the slightest insult and they are into fancy clothes big time (ex. Gotti). They sometimes "go to the mattresses" even when they don't have to. I'm not sure, but I think we may be on to something here!
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: Was Anthony Gay? - 12/21/05 04:34 AM

it's thoughts like this that should not be shared lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET