Home

Where does Tessio get caught?

Posted By: Danito

Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/05/09 08:37 AM

Tessio says: "I hope Mike can get us a good deal tonight."
A few moments later in front of the building the Corleone soldiers (Rocco's regime??) take him away.
Where is that? Obviously, it's not the Corleone mall. Is it Tessio's house?

Added later: The scripts say, it's the Corleone kitchen mall. I don't recognize them.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/05/09 05:16 PM

Looked like the mall to me. Logically, where else would the large group in that scene gather at that time?

Perhaps part of the confusion results from the many sets that were part of what was portrayed as the Corleone compound. That Staten Island mansion's exteriors represented the mall during Connie's wedding, when Michael came back from the hotel (and later the hospital), and when Kay tried to drop off her letter to Michael with Tom. But the interiors, I believe, were sets, and some other outdoors (like the scene you cited and when Carlo gets killed) may have been shot elsewhere than the Staten Island mansion.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/05/09 06:07 PM

It all happens at the Mall.

I would have to look again to be certain...but I believe the phone Tessio hangs up is the same one on which Sonny takes that fatefull call from Connie before being shot. It's just that Tessio is seen using it at a different angle, from the doorway outside the kitchen.

Also when they walk out of the house...sure looks like the mall to me, too!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/05/09 06:15 PM

If it is not the mall it is the mall's clone.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/06/09 05:13 AM

"Obviously, it's not the Corleone mall." What's obvious about it? Of course it's the mall. It's Vito's house. Why would Tom be at Tessio's house?
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/18/09 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Tessio says: "I hope Mike can get us a good deal tonight."
A few moments later in front of the building the Corleone soldiers (Rocco's regime??) take him away.

It was Willie Cicci who frisked him, so it would have been Clemenza's regime. It would be logical and symmetrical for Michael to use Clemenza who stayed loyal to bust Tessio who did not.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/20/09 01:01 AM

Cicci was Sonny's regime. Why do you think he was one of Clemenza's men at that time? Wouldn't it be dangerous to use Clemenza's men against Tessio. After all, they used to be friends.
Posted By: SC

Re: Where does Tessio get caught? - 11/20/09 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Cicci was Sonny's regime. Why do you think he was one of Clemenza's men at that time?

Sonny had been dead for about 8 years when Willie Cicci frisked Tessio. Cicci was then in Clemenza's regime.

It looked pretty obvious to me that the whole scene went down in the Corleone mall.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET