Home

willie cicci

Posted By: Louren_Lampone

willie cicci - 10/13/09 04:52 AM

what happens to willie after he testifies? the movie never mentions him after that scene.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 03:20 PM

Witness protection program?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 05:10 PM

Witness Protection Program wasn't established until 1970.

Cicci almost certainly got immunity to testify before that Senate subcommittee. If so, he wouldn't have been prosecuted for any crimes he admitted to under oath. Theoretically, he could have walked out of the hearing room. But, I'm guessing, he had other crimes (i.e., state jurisdiction crimes) pending. If so, he might have served a reduced sentence in a secure, somewhat upscale prison cell "suite" as did Joe Valachi.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
But, I'm guessing, he had other crimes (i.e., state jurisdiction crimes) pending. If so, he might have served a reduced sentence in a secure, somewhat upscale prison cell "suite" as did Joe Valachi.

Question is did he break Omerta? He never named names, and he stuck to his guns on having never received an order from Michael to kill anyone. When Geary (many think slyly) asks about "buffers," Cicci makes a joke about it saying "the family had a lot of buffas."
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 06:17 PM

I heard that he moved to Philadelphia, became a bookmaker and hired local boxers as his collectors. Oh, wait, wrong movie.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Oh, wait, wrong movie.

But the same character smile.

"Hey Rock, take her to the zoo!"
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: willie cicci - 10/13/09 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
But, I'm guessing, he had other crimes (i.e., state jurisdiction crimes) pending. If so, he might have served a reduced sentence in a secure, somewhat upscale prison cell "suite" as did Joe Valachi.

Question is did he break Omerta? He never named names, and he stuck to his guns on having never received an order from Michael to kill anyone. When Geary (many think slyly) asks about "buffers," Cicci makes a joke about it saying "the family had a lot of buffas."

I'd say he broke Omerta. While he couldn't specifically finger Michael, he testified against the Family in front of the committee, unlike Frankie, who saved his family's honor by recanting.

Regardless of such nuance, however, I doubt Michael let Willie have much of a future.
Posted By: Louren_Lampone

Re: willie cicci - 10/14/09 12:26 AM

true, i had thought he'd be labeled a rat. but then i read that Puzo was actually going to use Joe Spinell as the "Joey Zasa" character.

how could willie cicci be the new NY Don of the Corleone family when he testified before michael? maybe the plan didnt work with the script...couple by Joe's death before production of GFIII...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: willie cicci - 10/14/09 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Question is did he break Omerta? He never named names, and he stuck to his guns on having never received an order from Michael to kill anyone.

He identified Michael as the head of the family at a time when Michael was denying that he was part of any criminal enterprise.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: willie cicci - 10/16/09 03:18 AM

my guess would have to be that he is wearing cement shoes in the Hudson or buried in NY Giants stadium.
Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

Re: willie cicci - 10/23/09 10:40 PM

Working as a bookie in Philly, huh.

Hell, I swear I saw him interviewing cabbies in NYC.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET