Home

What does make you a real Godfather geek?

Posted By: Flora Corleone

What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 09:18 AM

Ok, I think we all know we are quite obsessed with all things Godfather. (At least I know I am.. blush )

So, I think it's time to make a general identikit of the real Godfather geek. cool
Please, answer listing whatever comes to your mind: from the most typical things that make you such a GF's lover, to the most...ehmmm, bizarre traits of your...obsession. (and don't be shy! smile )

As for me:

I find myself humming the "Godfather's waltz" tune at the less appropriate times. And I mean: *all the time*. I live with that music constantly stucked in my poor head. blush
(not to mention "Analyze this!". When I saw the reacting of the scene where Vito is shot, I almost fainted!)

Ok, enough for the moment, but I'll surely come up with something else later.
Now, your turn to drag out the geek living into you!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 11:17 AM

Simple.

Just having sought out this list makes me a 'Godfather Geek'. I found that I really needed to actually discuss the movies with people. Just viewing them occassionally wasn't enough. So I checked the internet and here we are today.

Apple
Godfather Geek
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 11:51 AM

Flora,

I'll pray for you wink lol . Many Geeks here.

I think the Geekiest thing I might do is blurt out a line of dialog that is not appropriate for the situation. Example: Frankie Five Angels - "He's got me waiting in the lobby!" (raspy voice and all). My wife will look at me and say, "What?". I sheepishly reply, "Nothing."
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 12:52 PM

I have Godfather cufflinks ohwell
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 12:55 PM

I will actually spend entire days alone in a dark room watching the entire trilogy.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 01:41 PM

OK, make way for the GF Fanatatic!

I have a GF Ringtone on my Phone.

I have a GF Logo Phone cover.

I have a wall in my basement with GF autographed photos and posters.

I quote the GF whenever an opportunity arises in a conversation and situation.

I own GF on VHS, each movie seperately, The DVD Trilogy set, The Complete Epic on VHS and have transfered it to DVD.

I own a hardcover novel and a softcover that I use for reference.

I have the GF Suite CD in my car, and on my Ipod.

I have several GF Dress shirts.

I am constantly looking for GF memorabilia.

Everytime I see a horse, I think of the Kartoum.

I post on this site.

I am a sick individual! eek

Don Cardi cool

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 01:45 PM

Wow DC...that speaks very well for you.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 01:45 PM

Yeah DC, you are truly THE geek of all geeks.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Dontomasso : Wow DC, that speaks very well for you [/QB
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[QB] Yeah DC, you are truly THE geek of all geeks.
Hey be careful there Enzo, next time remember to say THE geek of all GODFATHER geeks. lol

Anyway, we're all part of the same hypocracy! wink

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 03:50 PM

Now if only they'd make Godfather checks..
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 04:48 PM

Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
...if only they'd make Godfather checks..
HEY...now THAT would be COOL cool !!!

Right now I'm in the middle of my 'Wizard of Oz' checks. Wouldn't it be nice to switch to GF after they're finished.

Someday, maybe....

Apple
Posted By: Michele Corleone

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 04:57 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:

I quote the GF whenever an opportunity arises in a conversation and situation.

Don Cardi cool
Yeah, I also do this all the time. However, most people I know are not so familiar with the GF script and so I always get the puzzled look confused . Do you have the same problem DC?

Examples:

1. My girlfriend has a male colleague who tells her annoying and depressing shit all the time. I told her "Connie, if you don't listen to me and keep talking to this man, you disappoint me." Incidentally, her name is really Connie.

2. My brother revealed a stupid secret of mine to some of my friends who laughed about this for quite a while. When I saw him, I grabbed him and told him "I know it was you!"

3. I also do a pretty good Silvio-Dante-type impersonation of Robert De Niro killing Don Ciccio and the others in the trip back to Sicily.

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 05:14 PM

Well, I suspected we were on the geek side, but you all guys and ladies fulfill my highest expectations! wink
It's nice to be among "friends of the friends"!... lol

Oh, thinking about my Godfatherish geeky traits, I forgot to add that I have always a GF wallpaper on my pc, and custom-made GF icons, winamp-skins and so on...

My god, I really need to see a therapist... eek
Posted By: Mignon

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 05:34 PM

Like Don Cardi:

1. have the GF ringtone on my cell
2. have a room with GF pictures on the wall
3. will quote the GF and drive family members crazy
4. when it comes on tv I won't let anyone change the channel.
5. I am looking for GF t-shirts all the time but I can't find any I like on the net so Now I will have to make one.
6. have the trillogy CD in my car
7. made a air freshner out of a gf picture for my car when I first got it.
8. have the books and related books
9. have the VHS & DVD's
10. Drove 7 hours a few weeks ago to meet some of the BB members and will do it again in a heartbeat.
11. was willing to pay $30.00 for a gf key chain but hubby wouldn't let me.

I am one messed up person eek rolleyes

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 05:35 PM

Hey be careful there Enzo, next time remember to say THE geek of all GODFATHER geeks.
Or maybe "The Godfather of all geeks". No, that still isn't right. ohwell

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 05:42 PM

1. Other people have the Godfather Theme on THEIR cell phones so they know I am the one calling.

2. Approaching 3,000 posts in about six months, while maintaining full time work.

3. Using GF reasoning in my daily life.

4. Constantly humming GF songs

5. Saying things like "Leave the gun, take the Cannoli" when I get out of a car.

6. Refer to strangers on the sidewalk as "pain inthe ass innocent bystanders."

7. Believe the GF characters really lived. And Insist that Frank Sinatra is a pale imitation of Johnny Fontaine.

8. Use Clemenza's tomato sauce recipe.

Have told my children from birth :
a) Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
b) Never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking.

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 06:15 PM

dontommasso, what if your well-raised children hang out with the schoolbully's and other to-be-criminals, just because they keep their enemies close? wink

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/23/05 06:45 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
1. Other people have the Godfather Theme on THEIR cell phones so they know I am the one calling.

2. Approaching 3,000 posts in about six months, while maintaining full time work.

3. Using GF reasoning in my daily life.

4. Constantly humming GF songs

5. Saying things like "Leave the gun, take the Cannoli" when I get out of a car.

6. Refer to strangers on the sidewalk as "pain inthe ass innocent bystanders."

7. Believe the GF characters really lived. And Insist that Frank Sinatra is a pale imitation of Johnny Fontaine.

8. Use Clemenza's tomato sauce recipe.

Have told my children from birth :
a) Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
b) Never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking.
I'm impressed... eek

well, actually I too talk to people about the GF characters as if they were indeed real people (Michael Corleone did 'this, Michael Corleone did 'that... lol ), and I cooked for my friends using Clemenza's recipe (which was very much appreciated, btw!)

But let me thank you for giving me great ideas about the way to raise my future children, when I'll have them! ^_-
Posted By: chenille

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/26/05 01:02 AM

even though I own the trilogy I make my husband watch the Red Sox upstairs so I can get the cable to watch GF whenever its on bravo or hbo
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/26/05 04:09 AM

Parking in front of the Corleone Home, waiting for your girlfriend to get home from work, instead of waiting by her house. (She lives a few miles away)
Posted By: Rudik

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/30/05 08:17 PM

I think personally i am the biggest godfather geek.

1. i have a gf ringtone
2. i have gf posters
3. i have a gf shirt
4. when i went to nyc i spent a whole day trying to find the gf house. none of the bus drivers knew the address 110 longfellow. it pissed me off and by the time i got there it was dark.but im going there again this winter and i live in az.
5. i have seen gf1 over 40 times, gf2 30 times, gf3 10 times.
6. everytime i hear a godfather line i go crazy
7. when i was fighting my friend once we were messing around i put my foot on his neck and said you wanna sleep with the fishes.
8.evertime gf is on tv i go crazy even though i have the dvd
the list could go on.
Posted By: Ameer

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 08/30/05 09:26 PM

Hmm... this is gonna be rather interesting.

1. I try to compare almost everything to GF... be it starwars, star trek, history, you name it-it's GF somehow.

2. My best friend from school has always been my primary 'caporegime', and I even called him Clemenza a few times.

3. A friend of mine betrayed me on LOTJ (great star wars text game!) and got me thrown in jail, ever since then he's been 'Tessio.' Incidentally, after two days, his ship blew up; and believe it or not, I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

4. Said friend doesn't know who or what Tessio is.

5. I've watched the trilogy countless times, and always learn some little new tidbit every time I watch it.

6. I often quote the movies ("Never tell anyone what you're thinking," "I thought we could come here and reason together," and especially the all too cliche "It's not personall... just business.)"

7. "Clemenza'"s brother is convinced that I am the Don at my school, and plans to overthrow me (good luck on both points).

8. I am here.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/01/05 02:42 AM

There was a thread like this a while back in the general discussion area. I was rummaging through reminiscing, thought i'd repost some of the good ones.

"You Know You're a Godfather Freak When..."

- Someone is asking you a favor and you say : "That I cannot do"
- You keep looking over your shoulder everytime you buy some fruit.
- The kid next door breaks your window with his football and you yell at him : "In my home! In my bedroom, where my wife sleeps! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home!"
- When someone disgarees with you, and you say "Don't ever take sides against the family again"
- When you refuse to go fishing with your Uncle Fredo
- When you and a friend go out to an Italian restaurant and you tell him to have the veal, it's the best in town!
- When you come out of a bathroom with more than just...you know...in your hands.
- When you panic, as your driving seeing a sign that reads: entering "Casueway"
- When you freak out because your spouse calls you "a spoiled Guinea Brat"
- you cant watch the Godfather with other people because you subconsciousely recite the dialogue as it happens in sequence.
- if youve ever stood in front of a mirror and practiced your Brando
- someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer, and you reply, "I'll have to check with Turnbull".
- when you're having an uncomfortable conversation, and you start hearing trains.
- You know a bunch of people who could write a better sequel to The Godfather than Mark Winegardner did.
- No matter what movie you see Diane Keaton in, you think you're watching Kay Corleone.
- when your boss tells your brother that you've been bangin cocktail waitresses 2 at a time.
- If you are unilkely to do something, you say:
some day and the day may never come...
- You've dreamt, at one point or another in your life, of owning a house in Tahoe.
- If you saw The Wedding Planner, you could not concentrate on the movie because you kept wondering if J.Lo actually knew that her dad was Moe Green.
- Furthermore, you kept wondering when he himself was going to ask her, "Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Green!"
- when you want to name your sons- Santino, Michael, Fredo, and Tom
- When you never let anyone outside your family know what you are thinking
- If you avoid all kinds of revolving doors
- When you want someone to be brought to you for conversation, you ask Rocco to keep them alive
- When you don't like to answer questions about your business
- When you hint that your favors imply favors in return
- When, entering your bedroom, you check curtains first
- If you dive for cover hearing the sound of a helicopter
- You never forget cannolies anywhere
- You ask your wife to start the car for you
- You throw out all of your wooden hangers.
- you hear your wife on the phone telling her mother, "he's watching the Godfather.....again."
- you waiting for your table at a restaurant and in your best raspy, whiny voice you blurt out, "they got me waitin' in the lobby!"
- You become suspicious when someone orders banana daiquiri for you
- You think about calling your sons with luparas when someone looks at your daughter approvingly
- You can't refuse a favor on your daughter's wedding day
- You never let anyone block the rearview mirror
- Your parents have difficulties explaining the source of your orange-paranoia to their friends
- You can somehow relate any aspect of your everyday life to The Godfather
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/01/05 07:55 AM

I am a GODFATHER GEEK... grin
Because...
-have the gf triology dvd
-have the godfather t shirt
-have gf ringtone on my cellphone
-have gf logo on my cellphone
-have the gf triology DVD
-everytime when I'm alone I actually really hear the gf waltz! lol just kidding!
-everytime when I go out to buy some oranges I just get an flashback of Vito's hit! lol
-I LOVE collecting anything thats related to the triology!

*Don Zadjali

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/01/05 07:41 PM

Partagas if you can I would really like to see the GF tatoo. Take a pic if you can thanks.
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/06/05 07:41 AM

Thats awsome
one of the coolest tattoos I've ever seen.....

[Linked Image]
Joe Batters
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/06/05 03:34 PM

This past Friday I attended a funeral of my neighbor of 23 years. He was 90 years old. A great guy and gentlemen. This was a mother/daughter house. The grandkids grew up with my daughter. Here's the geek part. We pull up to the cemetary and what do you think pops into my head? Vito's burial. They hand us a rose and here we are listening to the last words and blessings of the priest and I'm thinking of the Godfather. I kept seeing Clemenza throwing his rose on the casket. rolleyes

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/06/05 07:41 PM

I so want to get that as a tatto but in red and bigger.And maybe in english but its really cool.
Posted By: Don Jimbob

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/06/05 08:18 PM

You keep looking over your shoulder everytime you buy some fruit.

Haha that really made my laugh. Whoever said that is a genius.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/06/05 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Partagas:
Here ya go Rudik -- could not find the htread but here are the pics. I got the tattoo about three years ago
Holy shit! I was planning on getting a tattoo similiar to that one, and in the same spot. I guess great minds think alike. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/12/05 02:03 PM

Originally posted by Flora Corleone:
I may really consider the chance to marry a "wise guy". eek
Nice thread Flora!!!! smile
As for the marriage thing, please at least be sure you never drive a car, for NO reason!!!!! grin

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/12/05 02:09 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
I will actually spend entire days alone in a dark room watching the entire trilogy.
I DID IT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know what? It was the most agreeble way to watch the trilogy. Unless, of course, I'll be able to arrange a GF trilogy watching session with some of my BBs fav members someday.

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/12/05 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:

I have a GF Ringtone on my Phone.
I have it too. And do you ever make it ring yourself? lol

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/12/05 02:15 PM

Originally posted by Partagas:
[Linked Image]
No, Part, that's....too much, really! eek . Nice shoulders, anyway. lol

Re: What does make you a real Godfather geek? - 09/12/05 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
Originally posted by Flora Corleone:
[b] I may really consider the chance to marry a "wise guy". eek
Nice thread Flora!!!! smile
As for the marriage thing, please at least be sure you never drive a car, for NO reason!!!!! grin [/b]
Oh definitely! Cars will be absolutely banned, especially alfa romeo's!
lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET