Home

So how much money would you pay?

Posted By: stracci

So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 01:30 AM

To have your memory erased and be able to watch the first 2 Godfather movies fresh?

I don't have much money but I'd throw a couple hundred down
Posted By: Lucchese

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 04:06 AM

I wouldn't want to. Each time I watch those flicks, I pick something else up that didn't dawn on me before. And those things are usually deeper, more hidden things that I can't imagine would be possible picking up without having the more elementary things already.
Posted By: svsg

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 05:56 AM

$2.75
Posted By: Danito

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 12:45 PM

I enjoy it again and again. If we hadn't seen it that often we wouldn't be able to discuss all these Roth/drapes/Pentangeli/Fredo/Manolo/Ascot topics here.
I wouldn't even accept any amount to have my memory erased.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Lucchese
I wouldn't want to. Each time I watch those flicks, I pick something else up that didn't dawn on me before. And those things are usually deeper, more hidden things that I can't imagine would be possible picking up without having the more elementary things already.

I agree 100%
Posted By: TahoeShooter

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 05:10 PM

A certified check for $1,000.00
Posted By: Lucchese

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/14/08 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: TahoeShooter
A certified check for $1,000.00

Great line...love it! smile
Posted By: Rushietto

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/17/08 05:33 PM

Even though I have seen the trilogy to numerous to count. Like Lucchese said before I always pick up something new. Most recently that Questadt is sitting behind Roth at the meeting in Cuba where they all check out the gold phone. Actually, I can't take credit for realizing that on my own. Someone posted it on this site. But still, things like that I have never noticed before is a very cool thing. Especially after seeing these films over and over again. I'm sure there are a bunch of little tid-bits that I still have yet to uncover which is one of many reasons I can't get enough of watching the trilogy over and over again. These films never get "old" in my mind. So keep the little tid-bits comin' folks. I Can't get enough. By checking out this web site I can see that I am not alone. That is a beautiful thing!!!!!
Posted By: olivant

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 08/17/08 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Rushietto
Even though I have seen the trilogy to numerous to count. Like Lucchese said before I always pick up something new. Most recently that Questadt is sitting behind Roth at the meeting in Cuba where they all check out the gold phone. Actually, I can't take credit for realizing that on my own. Someone posted it on this site. But still, things like that I have never noticed before is a very cool thing. Especially after seeing these films over and over again. I'm sure there are a bunch of little tid-bits that I still have yet to uncover which is one of many reasons I can't get enough of watching the trilogy over and over again. These films never get "old" in my mind. So keep the little tid-bits comin' folks. I Can't get enough. By checking out this web site I can see that I am not alone. That is a beautiful thing!!!!!

E vero. If you haven't already, check out the posts about the changes in the decor of of Vito's office after Michael takes over the busines in GFI. I forget where on the Board those posts are located, but that is the kind of detail that many Board memebrs are into.
Posted By: tom_hagen_fan

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/02/08 02:36 AM

I just gave my old vhs copies to a friend at work who had never seen any of the films. There certainly is something to be said for seeing them for the first time. He went on and on, but was a little bummed out because he is sure II cannot possibly compare to I. I can't wait til he sees it this weekend!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/02/08 06:00 PM

I've seen the Trilogy, in whole or part, close to 2,000 times, and everytime I see a scene again, I pick up something I hadn't seen or realized earlier. The Trilogy's richness in detail is what makes it great.
To dt's point about his friend never having seen II before:

In the VHS days I made a tape of the deleted scenes (copied from the "Saga" version shown on TV) and kept it in my office. I worked for a very large company, and there were dozens of hardcore GF fans in our building. I'd offer to show them the tape of the deleted scenes if they hadn't seen the "Saga" version. It was always a pleasure to watch the looks of astonishment and pleasure--they'd discovered a hidden treasure.

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/02/08 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I've seen the Trilogy, in whole or part, close to 2,000 times.

That few?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/03/08 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

That few?

He hopes that you don't mind the way he -- he keeps going over this Trilogy business... It's an old habit. He spent his life trying not to be careless -- women and children can be careless when it comes to the Trilogy, but not Turnbull.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/03/08 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

That few?

He hopes that you don't mind the way he -- he keeps going over this Trilogy business... It's an old habit. He spent his life trying not to be careless -- women and children can be careless when it comes to the Trilogy, but not Turnbull.

lol
I arranged for the television man to check the listings every day... wink

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/03/08 08:18 PM

TB, it's too bad that there's not a website totally devoted to The Godfather Trilogy that also had TV listings that could tell you when it was on. whistle
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/03/08 09:39 PM

lol

lol

We'll check them pop, we'll check them.

Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/07/08 01:16 PM

Eleventy gabillion dollars.

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/07/08 02:19 PM

lol

lol

We'll check them pop, we'll check them.

I knew Geoff would have to go through this, and Double J he was... well....but I never wanted this for you. It thought maybe you could do something else. Senator Turnbull, Governor Cardi....something.

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/07/08 04:57 PM

$999,999,999,999.99 (Canadian Dollars).
Posted By: Double-J

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/08/08 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Jasani
$999,999,999,999.99 (Canadian Dollars).

Leave it to the Canadians to spend their entire budget on a book while their neighbors to the South need a financial bailout. tongue

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/08/08 03:54 PM

The book that we're gonna purchase for $999,999,999,999.99 contains all the information the United States of America and the rest of the world needs to solve every financial, political, social, religious and human problem in the world. This book has exactly 999,999,999,999.99 pages and is the greatest most important book in the world. But it's just a book.

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/08/08 04:21 PM

The book that we're gonna purchase for $999,999,999,999.99 contains all the information the United States of America and the rest of the world needs to solve every financial, political, social, religious and human problem in the world. This book has exactly 999,999,999,999.99 pages and is the greatest most important book in the world. But it's just a book.

Wait, you're paying that much for a Bible?

You could've went to a hotel and snagged a Gideons. tongue

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/08/08 04:33 PM

Who said anything about a Bible? I'm talking about a book more important than the Bible, the Qur'an, the Talmud and whatever the hell Buddhists read. A book more magical than all the greatest works in the history of Western and Eastern literature. A book so magical it doesn't exist and never will. But it could, who knows?

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/08/08 04:51 PM

A book so magical it doesn't exist and never will.

So you're paying for nothing?

Re: So how much money would you pay? - 10/09/08 12:53 AM

A no, you're paying. You're always paying.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET