Home

Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay?

Posted By: Danito

Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/13/08 09:58 PM

Okay, the mainstream opinion here says that it was Fredo who opened the drapes. But when should he have done it?
1) Before Kay went to bed? Then why didn't Kay close them?
2) After Kay had gone to bed? Was it normal that Fredo walked around in Michael's bedroom? Where Michael's wife sleeps (did Fredo sleep with her?), where his children play with their toys (was Fredo looking for a toy)?

Who could open the drapes without getting the attention of Kay? Kay herself? Was Anthony paid by Ola? Did Michael open the drapes, but then forgot to close them?

Or do we just have to acknowledge that the whole drape-openening thing is bad writing?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/13/08 11:02 PM

Regardless of who opened the drapes, why would Kay not have noticed them opened when she entered the bedroom and why would she not have closed them especially since she apparently got undressed with them open?

Like so many things in the Trilogy, the result of authorial license to try and make the pieces fit.
Posted By: jhherome

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/14/08 04:57 AM

the bedroom window drapes are inexplicably open. Afterwards, Michael tells Tom Hagen that the hit was made with the help of someone close, and that he must leave, entrusting all his power to Hagen to protect the family.

kay didnt notices.. okay.....................................................................................................................................................................

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/14/08 05:01 AM

You can act like a man!!!!!! BOO HOOa ahhahhh!!:))
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/14/08 03:05 PM

Isn't it kind of creepy to live in a house where the drapes have to be closed all the time? Maybe thats why Kay was giving Michael that dirty look after the failed hit attempt.

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/14/08 03:15 PM

nope but kay is nervous after that math.cause she doesn wwant it to happend but it happens
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/14/08 05:54 PM

That look was pivotal. When she and Michael were dancing earlier, you could hear the frustration and near-cynicism in her voice when she reminded him that he'd said the Corleone family would be completely legit in five years--"and that was seven years ago." "I know, I'm trying," he replies. But the shooting was the last straw--and it occurred within hours of the dance. Small wonder that Kay didn't even look up from her sewing machine after Michael returned hone from Cuba--one of the saddest scenes in the film.
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 02:24 PM

bottom line... NO. Fredo did NOT have an affair with Kay. She wouldn't be with Fredo. No way. If it were Sonny, I would say possibly, but Fredo, never.

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 02:29 PM

fredo has a good heart, but his weak..y
Posted By: svsg

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 02:47 PM

In a deleted scene, it is revealed that Anthony is Fredo's son.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: svsg
In a deleted scene, it is revealed that Anthony is Fredo's son.

I thought Fredo's son might have been the one she aborted.

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 05:45 PM

really?!?!
Posted By: Danito

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/15/08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankWhite
bottom line... NO. Fredo did NOT have an affair with Kay. She wouldn't be with Fredo. No way. If it were Sonny, I would say possibly, but Fredo, never.

Hey, Frankie, why don't you read the first post in this thread, just to get an idea what we're talking about. wink

Re: Drapes: Did Fredo have an affair with Kay? - 07/17/08 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: FrankWhite

Hey, Frankie, why don't you read the first post in this thread, just to get an idea what we're talking about. wink

lol... oh, i have an idea... although a little convoluted
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET