Home

Your favourite character in GF3

Posted By: Danito

Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/06/08 10:34 AM

So, who's your favourite character which only appeared in GF3.
(I include Mary and Anthony, which is not quite correct, I know.)
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/08/08 04:16 PM

I liked Vincent alot. Actually, he (along with joey Zasa) was one of the only characters I could even stomach (Michael included).

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/08/08 04:18 PM

oh yeah... and Connie is actually likable in this one... a COMPLETE 180, as I could not STAND her character in the others.
Posted By: jhherome

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/09/08 03:29 PM

well i love them all..but who was the most interesting? in me? well i say I like don altobello freakin awsome the way he plays.i like his charisma!!!!

dont u know this guy he is Eli Wallach (don altobello)

he is also the GREAT INSANE "TUCO"

from Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966) with Clint Eastwood

this is Awsome! faggers he born in year 1915 can u F***** believe that..in his 90's the old man is still alive! wohoo! and making a movie on 2009 pre production..

WELL I LIKE THE SCENE OF ALTOBELLO IN PALAZZO HOTEL AFTER JOE WAS PISSED at MICHAEL \
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/09/08 07:34 PM

I thought Wallach was terrible, but everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

Of those listed I voted for Gilday, who I though gave a great performance of a real sleaze bag.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/09/08 08:43 PM

Wallach didn't seem very Italian to me. The scene when he's at the door leaving the Don's conference and conversing with Michael was real lame. In fact, that scene was embarassing.

Charisma? Madonne! What charisma? A monumental miscasting.

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/09/08 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Of those listed I voted for Gilday, who I though gave a great performance of a real sleaze bag.
So did I. But wait a minute, who did the great performance? Gilday or Donelly? wink

Vincent is lame. No challenges, no inner conflict. At least, that's what Andy Garcia performance makes out of it. Kind of a Howie Munson character played by Douglas Barr.
Posted By: jhherome

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 04:25 AM

lol what tha!? vincent is rising up to polss....

vincent is is a crack bag..he dont even think to call his uncle "GODFATHER"

:))

anyway i think vincenzo desire most..what more important to him is THE POWER! to preserve the family. IN which vincent would change The Corleone Family into a drug cartel, and soon into decline. short say "THE FALLWDOWN! of the family

Vincent Mancini was said by Coppola to, roughly speaking, amalgamate the males of the Corleone Family. Coppola describes Vincent as having Vito's cunning, Michael's ruthlessness, Fredo's sensitivity and Sonny's fiery temper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11.

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jhherome
Vincent Mancini was said by Coppola to, roughly speaking, amalgamate the males of the Corleone Family. Coppola describes Vincent as having Vito's cunning, Michael's ruthlessness, Fredo's sensitivity and Sonny's fiery temper

Well, Andy Garcia wasn't able to show us Coppolla's intention.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 12:23 PM

True, but Vincent is still my favorite, besides Micheal

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 01:51 PM

Vincent was a combination of the various Corleones, but not the way FFC envisioned.

He had Fredo's Judgment -- Banging his first cousin and botching security at the opera.

He had Michael's criminal proclivities.

And Yes, Santino's Temper.

As for cunning, I would put him below Tom Hagen.

Posted By: olivant

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 02:06 PM

Connie thought Vincent had her father's strength, whatever that meant.

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/10/08 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Connie thought Vincent had her father's strength, whatever that meant.

I think you need to put it in context. SHe says he is the only one left with her father's strength. That could mean everyone else was so hopeless that he is the only one who has some degree of her father's toughes. But no way could Vincent hold a candle to Vito.

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 07/15/08 02:46 PM

I think Vincent is really strong. He seems to be a really good fighter. His bravado is really strong. He goes into a situation with one of the most powerfull gangsters there is (Zaza) without any backing whatsoever. If nothing else, he gets an 'A' from me just for having guts.
Posted By: Lucchese

Re: Your favourite character in GF3 - 08/11/08 03:44 PM

I wanted to go with Grace Hamilton because she was smokin' hot, but decided to keep it serious.

I went with Vincent. I like the way he developed from a fly-off-the handle jerkweed into learning how to be cool, collected, and calculated. To see him develop into a person that could pull off all the hits near the end of GFIII that were eerily similar of the ones his uncle pulled off at the end of GFII was incredible to me. No way he could come close to pulling that off when he got started; he would have screwed everything up due to his temper.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET