Home

Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death?

Posted By: Sopranorleone

Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/01/08 07:42 PM

This could be seen as more of a "medical feasability" question, but I was considering this possible scenario that would only add to Michael's ultimate come-uppance from the end of III to his death.

Could it be that Mary's death was so painful to Michael that his silent scream and yelling brought about another diabetic attack that left him permanently blind? It seems as if he is blind in his death scene. If he did indeed go blind immediately following his daughter's death, it would mean that, literally, the last thing he saw was the death of his daughter.

Chilling, cold, and ruthless - just as Michael was at the peak of his reign of terror.
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/01/08 07:49 PM

Hey, good point. That would be very good for the storyline, Michael feeling guilty in the chair at the end, thinking about what he had lost.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 02:24 AM

I don't see any indication in the final scene that he is blind. Point it out.

That was the whole point of the final scene: he gained the world, but lost his soul.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 12:56 PM

I was contemplating the possibility that what we saw in the final scene was the beginning of a diabetic attack (obviously not pictured, then) that led to his going blind.

The scene ended with Michael appearing to be nearly incoherant - in a nearly passed-out state of mind, if I recall correctly. This, perhaps, was the onset of such an attack.

I don't have much of a medical background, which is why my original question was about the possibility of such an event.
Posted By: jhherome

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 01:37 PM

yeah michael didnt got blind immediately..after of his anguish..but he goes blind for several days or months
Posted By: olivant

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 02:17 PM

Again, I don't see the evidence. He obviously can see the sunglasses he is handling.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 02:22 PM

He is meant to be blind in that final scene.
Posted By: jhherome

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 02:28 PM

he is blind olivant.. ask copola ..in it.. but i dont know when he got blind..it has two option whehter imidiatley or not immediatly when his dougther was shot
Posted By: svsg

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 04:36 PM

I am a doctor and I have handled several cases where people go blind after seeing a shocking incident. Their optic nerves snap. I think that was the case with Michael. Michael was able to handle the sunglasses because of years of practice.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Death? - 07/02/08 04:53 PM

I see no evidence he isn't blind at the time of death. The idea that he was struck blind at Mary's death is fascinating.
Posted By: SC

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/02/08 04:55 PM

No more Appolonia. No more Kay. I know why he went blind (his mother used to warn him against it). cool
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/02/08 06:14 PM

SC would also like a screen grab of Michael's palms in a search for hair...

And according to Kay: "Oh Michael, you are blind..."

Perhaps a little foreshadowing by Kay to support Sopranorleone's theory!

tony b.

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/02/08 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
No more Appolonia. No more Kay. I know why he went blind (his mother used to warn him against it). cool
clap lol

So you are saying his palms looked like Moe Green's back?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/02/08 08:31 PM

...and not only that, I heard on good authority that Kay wore patent leather shoes. wink
Posted By: SC

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/02/08 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
No more Appolonia. No more Kay. I know why he went blind (his mother used to warn him against it).
...and not only that, I heard on good authority that Kay wore patent leather shoes.

And yes, they DO reflect up! lol

Re: Last Thing Michael Sees is his Daughter's Deat - 07/03/08 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
No more Appolonia. No more Kay. I know why he went blind (his mother used to warn him against it).
...and not only that, I heard on good authority that Kay wore patent leather shoes.

And yes, they DO reflect up! lol

I guess that means when Kay wore dresses Michael had to go upstairs first.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET