Home

The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book!

Posted By: Vito's Legacy

The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/07/05 06:24 PM

Having assumed this was long out of print, to my delight I found this book when I was in the States a few weeks back. smile LOVED the unseen production photos, and it certainly put a new spin on the (already) fascinating production process behind the original GF. grin Would have liked more info on GF2 and GF3, but I cannot recommend this book enough - great read! There is just not enough Godfather 'Making Of' books out there.

Is there any chance Harlan might come back for another chat on the GF chatroom? Wonder what he thought of The Godfather Returns...
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/07/05 06:41 PM

I've been meaning to read this forever, but I've heard great things about it. Now I'm truly motivated to get it.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 06:38 AM

A must for anyone who's a serious poster here.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 10:29 AM

Ay caramba. I haven't even heard of this book.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 04:48 PM

This book is a valuable resource for all GF fans
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 05:53 PM

I bought it a couple years ago on a trip to California. A very informative and quick read. I read the entire book during the duration of my flight home. As Turnbull stated, it's a must for any Godfather fan.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 11:10 PM

Cracking book and unless I dreamt it (which is a possibility because I've been confusing a lot of things for dreams lately) I think JG said something recently about Lebo revisiting the book for an update. JG should get him back for a Q and A session around the time of its release.
Posted By: SC

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/08/05 11:33 PM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I think JG said something recently about Lebo revisiting the book for an update.
Thats right. One of Lebo's reasons for visiting Geoff's site was to verify certain facts that he wasn't sure of. About two months ago he (Lebo) wrote that the "update" is done and he expects it'll be available (for sale) in October.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 08/09/05 03:03 AM

Here is the link to Amazon where you can order the new book: Harlan Lebo book According to Amazon, it will be out on October 25, 2005, but you can pre-order it.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 01/15/06 05:32 PM

I just bought the original Godfather Legacy from Ebay. Anyone who has the newer copy, how do the two compare?
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 01/15/06 06:38 PM

I need to buy the updated version. I wonder what the updates are?
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 01/15/06 07:48 PM

One of the best places to go on the net for cheap books would be A1. The newest book is on A1books.com for about $10.

Check it out!
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 01/25/06 04:11 AM

Just got my copy today, it looks great, really detailed. Lot of photos too.
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 06/24/06 01:00 AM

I just ordered a copy of the newest version at my local bookstore today. It should be here in a week to 10 days. I can hardly wait.
Posted By: SC

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 06/24/06 03:18 PM

Check out Lebo's "With Thanks" page at the beginning. He mentions Geoff and these boards!
Posted By: Lana

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 11/14/18 05:27 AM

Friend of mine saw the book, Australian $13.50 including postage! and purchased the book, commemorating The Godfather's 25 Anniversary, with Michael on the cover, for me
Fireside book published by Simon & Schuster publishing New York [TM & c 1997 US $15]

I couldn't find any mention of “Geoff and these boards!” in the "With Thanks" page at the beginning

There are Harlan Lebo's – editor, agent, doctor, friend, colleague, wife and Margaret Herrick Library, Paramount, Studio Photo service but....

Please where am I not looking?! or perhaps my book is different version? or
Posted By: Lana

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 09/01/19 04:22 AM

AppleInsider Forums - Godfather I question

Posted by user Finboy on 17 May 2002
Extract:
There's a terrific web site, too, about this. Search Google for the Godfather website hosted by JGeoff It's called the "official" one because it was endorsed by Puzo before he died. Excellent reference, and good discussion there too. One of the things they discuss is the use of oranges in the movie. Fun stuff.
I know! the post is more than seven years old!....Wow! Is the above true? Why wasn't it endorsed by Coppola as well?!
Puzo died in July 1999 This forum seems to have been founded in July 2001 though

I always knew this board is super-duper but Wow! Sensational indeed
Posted By: Capri

Re: The fantastic 'The Godfather Legacy' by Harlan Lebo book! - 09/01/19 11:11 AM

Worthy praise post seventeen not seven years old just a year after JGeoff founded
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET