Home

Did you like Godfather 3?

Posted By: donjack

Did you like Godfather 3? - 03/29/08 01:47 PM

Ok a lot of people seem to think of 3 as not being as good but I dissagree. Even if you didnt think it was as good as the first two did you like Godfather 3.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 03/31/08 02:17 PM

No where as good as the first two but not that awful
Posted By: constantino

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 03/31/08 04:41 PM

I think it was the best of all, in a way that shows Michael end.
His thoughts above Don Tomassino's dead body (why should all love you that much and fear me that much,give a chance to redeem and I will sin no more) in my oppinion summarizes all the meanings contected in #2 and late #1.
Michael was not like his father.Was much tougher,in the way that his greed for power made him do things Vito would never do (kill Fredo etc).That's why their end is so diferent.
I think that with #3, the trilogy turns into an Ancient Greek Tragedy: There is punishment to the dramatic hero who is not bad-is dramatic
Posted By: goombah

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 03/31/08 04:56 PM

Yes, I like it. As I have stated before, GF III has two of the best films in American cinema as its predecessors. It would have been virtually impossible to live up to those standards. I think it feel short of the legend created by the original and GF II.

That said, it is still a very good movie. Taken completely on its own, it is a complicated movie with a lot of drama. It is not, however, without its flaws. The storyline, particularly the Vatican scandal, is not well-written at times. And the storyline with Mary & Vincent is ludicrous.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 03/31/08 05:05 PM

Yes.
Posted By: Don_Vincent

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 04/01/08 01:46 AM

I liked Godfather III

I miss the whole "family" atmosphere of the first 2 though ... the family compound etc. etc. and by this movie there are like no Corleones left it seems

plus Connie has way too big of a role (ordering hits?) and Al Neri is also seen too much

and Sophia Coppola just ruins any scene that she is in ... its ashame that she was cast in that role
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 04/02/08 08:06 PM

I also liked GF3, Michaels scream being my fav scene of the whole trilogy. But as others have stated its not as good as the first two.
Posted By: TahoeShooter

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 04/03/08 11:31 PM

I thought the story was good. It looked rushed on screen. Which we later found out.

I absolutely DID NOT like the way they made Michael look.

It was a good standalone movie. Although it is Part 3 it just doesnt have any of the bite the first two had. Repetitive stuff was annoying.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 04/04/08 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TahoeShooter
I thought the story was good. It looked rushed on screen. Which we later found out.

I absolutely DID NOT like the way they made Michael look.

It was a good standalone movie. Although it is Part 3 it just doesnt have any of the bite the first two had. Repetitive stuff was annoying.

what do you mean by the way they made Michael look?

I liked Godfather Part III, as it ends the Corleone saga as a whole well I thought. I didn't like the casting of Sophia. I thought the story although seemed rushed in writing was decent. My favorite scene for this film is probably of course when Michael weeps over Mary and the earlier scenes of the saga.
Posted By: TahoeShooter

Re: Did you like Godfather 3? - 04/04/08 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Lights

what do you mean by the way they made Michael look?

I liked Godfather Part III, as it ends the Corleone saga as a whole well I thought. I didn't like the casting of Sophia. I thought the story although seemed rushed in writing was decent. My favorite scene for this film is probably of course when Michael weeps over Mary and the earlier scenes of the saga.

I didnt like the OLD look. He was weak and vulnerable.

I know FFC was determined to make it the end. He wanted to name it the Death of Michael Corleone or something right?

No biggie. I just didnt care for the look or the direction.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET