Home

"I have helped the Tattaglia family."

Posted By: Danito

"I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 12:50 AM

In the restaurant scene, Sollozzo says to Michael:"Eo ho aiutato a famiglia Tattalia." ("I have helped the Tattaglia family.")
What does he mean? How did help them?
Posted By: Longneck

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 01:49 AM

My guess would be setting them up in the drug business.
Posted By: olivant

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 01:51 AM

I'm not sure that's the correct translation. I think he's saying that he has the support of or help from the Tattaglias.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 01:55 AM

Yes, that's what he told Tom earlier. Anyway, why would he bring up his help for the Tattaglias to Michael? At that point Michael was a civilian. For Sollozzo, Michael's only purpose at that meeting was as a prop for Sol to buy more time to figure out a way to kill Vito. He'd have no interest in explaining his relationships with the other families--he'd already done that with Tom, for whom such info would be persuasive with Sonny.
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 02:30 AM

My interpretation is that The Turk has the muscle of the Tattaglia Family to back him up, so therefore, why are the Corleones holding back-- "cold feet?"

Just my thought.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 01:54 PM

The turk is very disingenuous throughout his meeting with Michael. While he claims to be the "hunted one" who "mised his chance" and who only wants a truce, is is also bragging about his connections with the Tattaglias, he bad mouths Sonny to Michael, saying he hopes Michael doesnt have a temper like his brother, and he insults Vito by telling Michael that his thinking is old fashioned. This is not negotiation for peace, it is a statement that he intends to move ahead with his plane.
Posted By: olivant

Re: "I have helped the Tattaglia family." - 03/25/08 06:16 PM

I'll have to read the transcript. Is that line in Italian in the transcript? So far, I don't think it's being translated correctly.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET