Home

Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone!

Posted By: Don Cardi

Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/12/04 03:30 AM

How do you think Luca actually got the horses head into both Woltz's house and then his bed? Luca had to have someone on the inside helping him out.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/12/04 05:09 AM

I think Tony working in the stable helped helped Luca. He was tired of cleaning up after Khartorum tongue
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/12/04 05:10 AM

I didn't even know Luca was the one who cut the horses head off.
Posted By: BadaBing

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/12/04 06:55 AM

Didn't the book mention that various people had obviously been bribed for this reason?
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/13/04 01:31 PM

Not knowing exactly how the deed was done adds to the mystique of Don Corleone's power. Without reading the book, we can assume that Luca Brasi accompanied Hagen to Hollywood and stayed in the background until needed. Those details are better for a show like the Sopranos where we are amused by the macabre details of robberies, murders and muggings.

I just can't see Luca with a hack saw on Khartoum's neck and then hefting it on to wheelbarrow, up past the pool and then lifting it on to his shoulder, blood dripping on the steps as he "tip-toes" into Woltz's bedroom. Then stopping off in the kitchen for a sandwich.
Posted By: SC

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/13/04 02:24 PM

I agree with Don Lights; how do you know Luca Brasi was "in" on the Khartoum job? The novel doesn't make any mention of Luca going to California, and the movie makes no suggestion of that fact either.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/13/04 02:43 PM

Actually, the movie DOES kind of hint that it was Luca.. there's a deleted scene (the same one where Hagen tells Vito about Woltz's little escapade with that 12-year old girl) where Vito says something like "Send Luca Brasi to me.. I think maybe we can reason with this Mr. Jack Woltz."
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/13/04 03:03 PM

Originally posted by waynethegame:
Actually, the movie DOES kind of hint that it was Luca.. there's a deleted scene (the same one where Hagen tells Vito about Woltz's little escapade with that 12-year old girl) where Vito says something like "Send Luca Brasi to me.. I think maybe we can reason with this Mr. Jack Woltz."
That's true, and that's why we infer that Luca either did the horse-hacking or arranged it. But the novel gives no hint at all of Luca's involvement. The novel does give several examples of the Don's power with the Hollywood movie industry labor unions, so we might infer that the horse execution was arranged via local thugs.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/13/04 07:39 PM

yeah I would agree that the local thugs did the job and the horses caretakers were bribed or made an offer they can't refuse. Luca arranged this all, I don't remember the deleted scene. Is it on the DVD or cassette tape?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Luca Couldn't have Done it Alone! - 01/14/04 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Don Lights:
yeah I would agree that the local thugs did the job and the horses caretakers were bribed or made an offer they can't refuse. Luca arranged this all, I don't remember the deleted scene. Is it on the DVD or cassette tape?
I believe that it is on the deleted scene DVD disc. A reference is made regarding Luca in the same discussion as Woltz. I know I'm not going crazy, I am sure that I 've seen this.

Don Cardi cool
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET