Home

Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen!

Posted By: -Fredo-

Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/28/02 10:43 PM

Put up references to GF movies you've seen in a book movie or TV show..I know there's a lot out there.
Anyways, apart from the apparent new ones,(Like in Analyze this and Zoolander) the one that sticks in my mind is from that TV show, Jack and Jill. You know, with Amanda Peet?
Anyways someone was receiving a message on her machine, from a geek asking her out to a party- it was like this-
"Hey Audrey, let's go to this reeeaaally cool pary my friend Dave's throwing, y'know, we all have to dress up as our favorite character from GF, i was thinking I could be Michael and you could be Kay although i'd understand if you wanted to be Connie, they say she's a more interesting characters, like in the sequel blah blah blip geek trash fanboy slurrr"
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/28/02 10:50 PM

there's a topic on "GF references on Seinfeld" out there
Posted By: the matresses

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/28/02 11:41 PM

There are tons:

The Freshman (Bruno Kirby working for Marlon Brando, ne1?)
City Slickers 2 (again I ask, y wuz Bruno Kirby in CS1 and not 2, he could've had fun doin Clemenza lines with Jon Lovitz's character with the obsession)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
You've Got Mail

and I know there are a bunch in TV shows, but none come to mind

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/29/02 09:59 PM

movie: Set it Off....playing the Godmother or something

tv-show: Suddenly Susan (brief epilogue to an episode, it's the blonde girl, but not Brooke Shields) behind a desk
Posted By: Mardini

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/29/02 11:22 PM

I once saw a funny episode of Married With Children that had some GF references. Al Bundy's daughter was dating a mayor or an alderman, i don't remember which one. But what happens in this episode is that Al thinks he can become a powerful man through his daughter's affair. So he decides to become the "Godfather" in his neighborhood. In one scene, he walks down the stairs dressed like the Godfather while the love theme from the soundtrack is played in the background. I think his neighbors (Marcy and her man) came to his house for a favor and they both kissed his hand. The funny part was when he started talking like the old Vito with a raspy voice. He used a few lines from the movie including, "Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me." LOL. Yeah i remember laughing so hard when i heard that. It was a good episode.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/30/02 03:12 AM

On the "In-Laws" tonight,Farina made a ton of Godfather references.
Posted By: Don Sauno

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/30/02 03:43 AM

The Sopranoes, obviously
The Simpsons
Animaniacs
The Pepsi Cola Commercials
SNL-President Bush Sr. w/a squirtgun lol
MAD TV
Boy Meets World
The Critic

The Mighty
Robin Hood:Men In Tights
The Freshman
You've Got Mail
Hot Shot: Part Daux
When Harry Met Sally-Deleted Scene
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/30/02 09:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Sauno:

Animaniacs

The Freshman
{/QUOTE]

Are you thinking of the three pigeons in ANAMANIACS? The ones with the Brando, DeVito, and Pesci voices? Hilarious lol I always figures that since it's a Spielberg production, those guys might be doing the actual voices.

FRESHMAN is great also. So many scenes where they do a take-off on GF.

Let me add the movie MAFIA to your list. Hilarious
lol lol
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/30/02 03:39 PM

I don't remember a Godfather Animaniacs, but I do remember an episode called "Goodfeathers". It was great.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/30/02 11:58 PM

I wonder why the Sporanos find it hilarious when a guy does an impression of Michael. I mean those guys laugh their calories off.
Oh, and I found it funny how Deniro played Fredo! in analyze this anyways. But i think it's weird when they spoof a movie starring Deniro, when Deniro is a character in the movie itself. Get what I mean?

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/31/02 12:02 AM

What was the simpsons spoof like, I never did see that.. I did see one though where Homer and Marge are in a Sauna in towels and a Mafia guy offscreen in an italian accent is urging tem to get naked.
Posted By: FancyDan

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/31/02 12:17 AM

here is an excerpt from an episode guide that started it all for Fat Tony

39. Bart the Murderer

Bart awakes in a good mood because he is going on a field trip to a chocolate factory. His day quickly takes a turn for the worst though and it really gets bad when he forgets his permission slip. He has to stay at school licking stamps for Principal Skinner. He rides his skateboard home and stumbles into an Italian gangster's operation. The leader, Fat Tony immediately takes a shine to him. He hires Bart to be his errand boy and Bart soon figures out that they are crooks. Bart becomes a gangster, and when Skinner gives him problems, Fat Tony goes to have a little talk with Skinner. Later that same day, Skinner vanishes and Bart thinks that Tony has killed him. Bart goes on trial as an adult for ordering them to kill Skinner. They act as though he were their capo. Just before Bart's sentence, Skinner waltzes into the courtroom. He tells about how an old stack of newspapers had trapped him in his home. Bart goes free and parts ways with Fat Tony, and then he watches the FOX made-for-TV movie about his life.

Joe Mantegna is the voice of Fat Tony and his crew has been a recurring character in the Simpsons ever since.
Posted By: Don Sauno

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/31/02 04:07 AM

There's also the Don for Fat Tony's crew from Italy. In that episode when Bart doesn't make it to fix them his special drink one of the wiseguys fixes one that The Don hates and gives Fat Tony the Kiss of Death from this horrendous disrespect. He also goes after Krusty the Clown for money "No, I cant'a do'it, you're too a'funny, it would be a sin." and asks him to do a bike trick. In the animaniacs, you got the Goodfeathers from Goodfellas and The Godpigeon who is completely uncomprehendable. There was also this gag where the Warner Bros. wouldn't stay out of this guy who looked like Don Corleone's Italion restuarant and when they kept on calling him "Doc" or something he would constantly repeat "Call me 'Godfather!'"
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 10/31/02 04:15 AM

Originally posted by Pherdy:
there's a topic on "GF references on Seinfeld" out there
WHERE!? I remember in 1 of the show's Kramer was made a Godfather & they played the music as he shut his door & you could see a married couple kissing his hand.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/01/02 01:28 AM

Originally posted by Don Marco:
I don't remember a Godfather Animaniacs, but I do remember an episode called "Goodfeathers". It was great.
That's the one -- and I think there were a few different episodes. The GF reference was one of the pigeons had the voice of Don Corleone.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/01/02 02:12 AM

Did anyone see Rugrats in Paris? In the beginning, they opened with the Godfather's scene with Bonesara - Angelica playing the 'Bobfather' and Chuckie taking the role of Bonesara. Chuckie asks for a mother, if I'm correct. It also ends with the same scene.
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/02/02 01:42 AM

If anyone ever get ahold of Mad Magazine vamping the godfather and Godfather II is perhaps the most funniest comic you will ever read.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/02/02 04:49 AM

Originally posted by Don Sauno:
The Sopranoes, obviously
The Simpsons
Animaniacs
The Pepsi Cola Commercials
SNL-President Bush Sr. w/a squirtgun lol
MAD TV
Boy Meets World
The Critic

The Mighty
Robin Hood:Men In Tights
The Freshman
You've Got Mail
Hot Shot: Part Daux
When Harry Met Sally-Deleted Scene
Best in Show movie
"I'm German Irish"
"Oh, just like Tom Hagen"

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/02/02 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b]there's a topic on "GF references on Seinfeld" out there
WHERE!? [/b]
it's on this forum category, I think... it was started a week ago or something
Posted By: filmbuff

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/02/02 10:22 PM

The three pigeons were called Pesco(Pesci), Bobby(DeNiro) and Squit(Liotta). The Godpigeon was Brando. Animaniacs was so not aimed at kids.

"You squawking at me?"
Posted By: don papa

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/04/02 06:15 AM

has anyone seen "Sabrina" (starring Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, and Julia Ormond), that 90's remake of the Audrey Hepburn classic? there's a dinner scene there between the two families (Greg Kinnear and Lauren Holly were engaged), and the Lauren Holly's father says, "May your first child be a masculine child.", and Harrison Ford frowns, not understanding. Angie Dickinson, Lauren Holly's mother, says, "it's from Serpico.".

i've always wondered why she said it was from Serpico. or was Angie Dickinson's character in this movie really a ditz? lol

incidentally, i've never seen "Serpico".

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/04/02 10:01 AM

Originally posted by filmbuff:
The three pigeons were called Pesco(Pesci), Bobby(DeNiro) and Squit(Liotta). The Godpigeon was Brando. Animaniacs was so not aimed at kids.

"You squawking at me?"
Do you know if those were the actual voices of the actors? They're all so imitatable, after all. But I always thought because of Spielberg, it actually was those four guys
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/04/02 12:11 PM

I will bet good money that the Brando voice is imatation. I don't think he would lend himself to a cartoon for anything under $15 million.

Its not a direct quote, but in Spiderman, the green globin wanted Spiderman to join forces. Spiderman refused, he said, "I offer you friendship, and you spit in my face!"
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/05/02 03:21 PM

Not sure if this has already been posted, but wasn't there a GF reference in the original Airplane movie, delivered by Lloyd Bridges, if memory serves me??

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/06/02 02:25 AM

Sanza, that's one of my favorite movies and I don't remember any, but I could be wrong, do you know about where in the movie it was, or what sort of reference it was.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/06/02 10:08 AM

Originally posted by the matresses:
Sanza, that's one of my favorite movies and I don't remember any, but I could be wrong, do you know about where in the movie it was, or what sort of reference it was.
I could be wrong matresses and it may be one of the follow-ups as I haven't seen the movie in years. But I seem to remember the scene where Bridges says things like "It looks like I picked the wrong week to give up smoking etc..." he makes some reference to "Barzini and the heads of the five families"...or did I imagine it in my youth. I was drinking heavily at that stage grin
Posted By: Buttface

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/11/02 08:58 PM

I can't find the Seinfeld thread, but I remember one where he's complaining about Newman coming into his apartment, and he says "He's here. In my home! Where I play with my toys!". Barely caught that one.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/18/02 10:19 PM

Just saw this today on DVD:

In A TV special "I'm telling you for the last time", it opens up in a cementary where Jerry Seinfeld is burying and saying goodbye to his jokes. At the end of the burial Rich Little walks up to Jerry and whisper he has set up a meeting with Alan King, in his territory where it would be safe. Jerry then made a face, knowing what that meant.
Posted By: Carstonio

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/19/02 06:22 PM

Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[QUOTE]he makes some reference to "Barzini and the heads of the five families"...
That's from Hot Shots, the Top Gun parody. Bridges says this at the funeral for pilot Dead Meat.

Hot Shots director Jim Abrahams worked with the Zuckers on Airplane. These guys are comedy geniuses, IMHO. But keep in mind that I haven't seen Jane Austen's Mafia.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/19/02 11:27 PM

Seinfeld & I just saw a Simpsons episode that was like the Sopranos. Also, anyone know what area code is 636 or where Interstate 95 is? It was in the Simpsons episode!

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 09:12 AM

[QB] anyone know what area code is 636 or where Interstate 95 is? [QB]
I 95 is the major interstate that runs from Maine to Florida

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 11:47 AM

Originally posted by Carstonio:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
[b][QUOTE]he makes some reference to "Barzini and the heads of the five families"...
That's from Hot Shots, the Top Gun parody. Bridges says this at the funeral for pilot Dead Meat.[/b]
Thanks Carstonio, I knew I had seen it somewhere

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 04:43 PM

in the movie "Road to Perdition", Paul Newman used the quote "this is the business we've chosen "

Was that an original quote by Roth or was it something Meyer Lansky had once used?
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 05:51 PM

In Mexico during the first Big Brother in the country, one of the assignements was to reenact 8 GF scenes because of its 30th anyversary!
Unfortunely I only saw the GF's last scene with the door closing and a bit of the scene with Hagen and the Don after Sonny's dead frown . Because the house was short of men(many were kicked out)they used one of the girls.

In the Mexican commercials there is also many references of the Godfather with people that look like Vito.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 06:36 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
I 95 is the major interstate that runs from Maine to Florida
Thanks! I thought it was a clue to where the Simpsons lived, but it's obviously not a clue at all!

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 11/20/02 08:07 PM

Here's one from Cheers: Sam is retired from the dating scene, but a younger man challenges him to a babe-off. So Sam pulls out a strongbox with his tools--hair gel and his Members Only jacket. As he puts the jacket on, he uses the "I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in."
Posted By: Tom Hagen

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/03/02 12:33 AM

I fount TWO today from politics.

First one is local to my state. Tangent: David Yepsen of the Des Moines Register is a self-important ass who acts like a pezzonovante every four years at caucus time. Anyway, he has a regular column and was explaining how the newly re-elected governor replaced his old chief of staff who is best known as a political operative:

"Cacciatore's departure signals that the governor no longer needs a campaign "wartime consiglieri" by his side and is opting for a policy wonk like Gleason instead."

The second one you'll all recognize:

There's new talk of Rudy Giuliani running for governor, and his Mafia shtick at last month's Republican Governors Association confab did little to snuff it out. Giuliani kicked off the meeting with a speech that he began by adopting Marlon Brando's gravelly Godfathervoice. "Nice of all youse guys to have me here," he said, "the families representing all the different states and territories."

(Doesn't get the quote exactly right but we'll let it go.)

As the guvs laughed, he segued into a witty stump speech. "As U.S. attorney, I used to listen to so many tapes of men talking like that. The only part of The Sopranos that makes me happy is that it begins with Tony Soprano driving to New Jersey. It gives me false pride that I sent him there."
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/03/02 03:19 AM

Please dont tell me im the only one who didnt know bout this but- Slash from Guns n Roses did a Godfather theme song SOLO!! Anybody else hear it?! its crazy, im finding all this new stuff.LOL
its overwhelming. eek smile
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/03/02 03:44 AM

Originally posted by pacino princess:
Please dont tell me im the only one who didnt know bout this but- Slash from Guns n Roses did a Godfather theme song SOLO!! Anybody else hear it?! its crazy, im finding all this new stuff.LOL
I learned that a while back here on the BB. I have not heard it, but am curious. I'd love to hear it. As long as Axle (sp) doesn't sing, I imagine it would be good!!! grin

TIS

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/03/02 04:47 AM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]Please dont tell me im the only one who didnt know bout this but- Slash from Guns n Roses did a Godfather theme song SOLO!! Anybody else hear it?! its crazy, im finding all this new stuff.LOL
I learned that a while back here on the BB. I have not heard it, but am curious. I'd love to hear it. As long as Axle (sp) doesn't sing, I imagine it would be good!!! grin
TIS[/b]
I've heard it, not bad. No vocals. Never officially released but easy to find on one of the download services... not that I would ever do that tongue

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/04/02 01:06 PM

There's a new Intel ad touting the Pentium as the ultimate multimedia machine. The scene is dozens of performers from various media sitting in a waiting room. An Abe Vigoda lookalike turns to another performer and asks, "Are you Italian?" Now, Tessio didn't say that in GF1, but the actor looks exactly like Vigoda in that movie.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/04/02 01:53 PM

I quickly scrolled over this entire topic before, and from all glimpses I got I couldn't find a single mention of Analyze This (correct me if I'm wrong).

*Vito's shooting scene is reacted by Billy Crystal as the Don and Robert DeNiro as Fredo, as part of Crystal's dream
*after he tells DeNiro about this, Robert says: "I was Fredo? Don't think so"
*a meeting of all the NY families is hosted, when Billy Crystal acts as DeNiro's consiglieri, saying "baddabeep baddabap Betty Boop"

and there are some more small references to GF

on of the better references in You've got mail I think is when a musical piece just like the GF2 theme "A New Carpet" by Nino Rota is backing up a sequence of shots that suggests a quick time change, all of this after an entire dialogue about 'The Matresses'. The music there is very "Godfatherish" and it never occured to me before...

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/04/02 02:18 PM

On a stand-up comedy show on cable, I saw a guy do a Brando satire. (Sorry, I can't remember the name of the comedian.) He mimicked Brando's saggy facial expressions from GF1, dressed in a bathrobe and ate Cracker Jack straight out of the box. Adopting a Vito vocal rasp, he ruminated on the popcorn's artificial ingredients. He pulled a kazoo out of the box and played the Love Theme on it.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/05/02 03:02 AM

[QB]I quickly scrolled over this entire topic before, and from all glimpses I got I couldn't find a single mention of Analyze This (correct me if I'm wrong).

*Vito's shooting scene is reacted by Billy Crystal as the Don and Robert DeNiro as Fredo, as part of Crystal's dream
*after he tells DeNiro about this, Robert says: "I was Fredo? Don't think so"
*a meeting of all the NY families is hosted, when Billy Crystal acts as DeNiro's consiglieri, saying "baddabeep baddabap Betty Boop"

QB]
I guess u didn't check my earlier post, cuz i mentioned it right off the bat. Plus, Crystal saying "You broke my heart Jelly, you broke my heart."
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/05/02 03:33 AM

Anthony Hopkins did his Marlan Brando impression from the Godfather a few months ago on the Late night show with Conan O' Brien.

Also, in an animated show called Harvery Birdman, a whole show is a spoof of mob stuff and one of the characters is given a cigar and nicknamed "The Godfather".
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/06/02 03:24 PM

Here's a link that will show you all of the Godfather refrences that you'll ever want to see.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/09/02 07:36 PM

On the album "I Am Santa Claus" by the Bob Rivers Comedy Group, a Vito type pens "A Letter to Santa" warning Kringle to stay out of the Family territories. Here are the lyrics: http://www.twistedtunes.com/player/lyrics.asp?SongID=17
Posted By: Don_Miconi

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/11/02 10:31 PM

Southpark Cartman did One day I'm going to ask you a favor line
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/11/02 10:50 PM

Don Corpuzzi, did I do something wrong here? I clicked the link but all I got was a long list of IMDB films. As I clicked them I just got the film info no detailed GF reference confused

FH

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/12/02 01:34 AM

Yes, I got the same thing.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/12/02 09:48 AM

Here's one for anyone on this side of the ocean. The night before last the BBC repeated The Royle Family Christmas Special from 2000. In a scene in the kitchen Anthony and Emma ask Darren to be godfather to their soon to be born baby. Anthony then refers to him as "Don Darren" and does a terrible Brando impersonation using the "gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" line.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/13/02 03:15 PM

Last night on Survivor Thailand, while strategizing on which person to eliminate, one contestant warned another to "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"...
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/14/02 09:02 AM

Originally posted by Saladbar:

[b]
Best in Show movie
"I'm German Irish"
"Oh, just like Tom Hagen"[/b]
Saladbar,
I just saw this movie and it's hillarious! How the man delivered that line made it even funnier. Did you watch "Waiting for Guffman?"....same director of "Best In Show."
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/14/02 09:18 AM

From Seinfeld:

the Bris episode:
-"Never go against the family Elaine"-Jerry
-"Look how they massacred my boy" (Jerry pointing to his circumcised thumb)
-"Never take sides against the family, Jerry" (Kramer)

-at the end, Kramer is the new godfather w/ a mom and dad w/ baby kissing his hand....Elaine, Jerry, George are like Kay gettting the door shut on them...with the Godfather music in background.

other episodes:
-Jerry in reference to Newman being in his home
"In my home, Elaine! Where I sleep, where I come and play with my toys."

-George in reference to breaking up or something, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

-the new Blistex commercial
2 men in a Vito-like office talking about being a man and protection.

Sorry if these have been mentioned already.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 12/20/02 07:34 PM

Artice today about FFC expanding vinyard uses the obvious:

"Godfather" director's wine empire grows

PALO ALTO, California (Reuters) - He's making landowners offers they can't refuse as he sets out to prove that he's not just a grape-growing movieman but a world class winemaker.

Francis Ford Coppola, the director of "The Godfather" films as well as a prominent Napa Valley winemaker, is expanding his Niebaum-Coppola Estate, hoping to put his stamp on the future of the U.S. wine industry. The plot of this real-life drama has Coppola giving famed French chateaux a run for their money.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/05/03 06:50 PM

This is the most obscure political one yet! Zev Chavets, NY Daily News, on presidential candidate John Edwards:

Edwards calls himself 'The People's Senator,' but this is a stretch. As a personal-injury lawyer, he has taken from the rich and given to the poor. But unlike Robin Hood, Edwards kept a good share of the loot, making him a multimillionaire. He also doesn't look like a folk hero. In fact, he bears a more than passing resemblance to Troy Donahue's Merle, the smarmy gigolo in "The Godfather, Part II."
I dunno ohwell I haven't met the guy yet (for an Iowa political activist that's saying a lot; so far I've met Dean, Gephardt and Kerry without hardly trying). Anyway the whole article is at http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/48793p-45864c.html
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/05/03 09:25 PM

Pizza Hut has a commercial with a brown paper bag being opened up and instead of a fish, it's a pizza.

They don't say anything but I'm sure they got the idea from GF.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/06/03 12:09 AM

Sanford and Son had two references on two different episodes:

Lamont made a direct reference to the scene in the Godfather when Michael got hit by the thunderbolt.

In another episode, Fred was going to make an offer no one could refuse... with his fists.

That's a true story.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/06/03 03:11 AM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]Please dont tell me im the only one who didnt know bout this but- Slash from Guns n Roses did a Godfather theme song SOLO!! Anybody else hear it?! its crazy, im finding all this new stuff.LOL

TIS[/b]
I have it on Kazaa... It's very awesome.

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/06/03 04:18 PM

We have newspaper people on the payroll, right, Tom?

"The new Trib came about because, according to well-informed sources in the business, The N.Y. Times made the Post an offer it could not refuse. Either the Post sold its share in the Trib for $75 million, or the Times would launch its own rival for the juicy expat and English-speaking market. In short, The New York Times (despite already making an annual $15 million profit on its Internet venture) saw an opportunity."

http://www.interestalert.com/brand/...ews&Filter=Opinions&Fid=OPINIONS
Posted By: Sonnys Gumar

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/06/03 04:30 PM

Seinfeld & I just saw a Simpsons episode that was like the Sopranos. Also, anyone know what area code is 636 or where Interstate 95 is? It was in the Simpsons episode!
I checked an online area code search and this is what I found for 636:
636 MO Missouri (Chesterfield, Union, De Soto, Troy and east central Missouri)<Central Time Zone>
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/09/03 12:35 PM

I have been watching old re-runs of Northern Exposure over the last couple of days and there have been plenty of references to the Godfather in that series wink From the two characters Ed Chigliak and Joel Fleischman

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/09/03 01:29 PM

For BBC watchers this side of the pond. In "The Office" in the last episode where Neil and Jennifer come to give David Brent his redundancy pacakge he says "So that's it? Bada-Bing!"

Also in the episode of "Shooting Stars" on Monday night did anyone notice Johnny Vegas wearing a Hawaiian shirt made up of scenes from GF???

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/09/03 04:38 PM

Disgraced radio personality The Greaseman used to do a Godfather bit. Typical scene:

Greaseman: "Oh no, Tony just gave me the kiss of death!"
Godfather: "Hey, relax, Nino, Tony's a queer."
Greaseman: "Thank goodness."
Posted By: don papa

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/10/03 12:08 AM

hey, guys, i just recently bought the "Zoolander" video because i read it here that there were some lines there taken from The Godfather. would you know what they are? i watched it but couldn't find any. frown

thanks a lot!

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/10/03 02:17 AM

I was watching Fox News today and Tony Snow said, concerning Iraq:

"Saddam isn't going to disarm unless he knows exactly whats going to happen if he doesn't. We have to make him an offer he can't refuse."
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/10/03 02:44 AM

in Hanibal, his first victim is eating a "orange" before his demise.
Posted By: Special Kay

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/10/03 03:29 AM

Here's a link with some of the Simpsons' GF references...there were more than I realized! lol

http://www.duffzone.co.uk/content.php?title=refgf

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know - Joe Mantegna (Joey Zasa) is the voice of Fat Tony!
Posted By: Don Kyle

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/10/03 05:39 AM

I recently got the Sports Night DVD collection and in one episode Jeremy fixes an internet popularity poll in favor of one of the guys (I forget who) because the other had played some pranks on him in the past, and he says "Today I settle all family business"

Re: Official Reference to Godfather list-put up what you've seen! - 01/11/03 10:01 PM

Oh, this one was waaaaay too easy. Edie Falco helps get a dog out of the water and we have:

"One lucky mutt narrowly avoided sleeping with the fishes yesterday when it tumbled into the Hudson River while being walked in TriBeCa by 'Sopranos' star Edie Falco."

http://www.pagesix.com/celebritynews/1512.htm
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET