Home

Ever use a Godfather line IRL?

Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/28/05 10:37 PM

... not talking about quoting film dialogue to fellow fans, but using a line (or similar) in a normal situation.

I always look for opportunities to do so... the best one was when I dropped a plate on the kitchen floor. My brother heard the noise and came in asking what happened... I told him that "there was an accident, but nobody got hurt". Got a slightly odd look but it was worth it.

Anyone do any better? smile
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/28/05 10:42 PM

It's almost second-nature for me to say "That I cannot do" when someone asks me a favor, whether I can do it or not. lol
Posted By: Fanucci's Revenge

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 12:57 AM

This I often used in business contexts:

"My offer is this... nothing."
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 01:00 AM

when someone is a little "out of line with me" they get this line "Bonasera, Bonasera, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? "

And I also use Sonny's "son of a bitch, son of a bitch" a lot lol
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 01:23 AM

A couple that will come up occasionaly...
1. This is the business we've chosen (comes up at work whenever someone complains smile )
2. You broke my heart

Yeah, I pull the "That I cannot do" alot. Another one that is similar that will pop up is "Can't do it Sally"

And yes, I've called friends Sally before. Its worth the puzzled looks!
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 03:42 AM

I use GF references a lot when it comes to relationships. A girl decided to stop talking to me for a while so I told her, "you broke my heart".

After going several weeks without talking (yet seeing each other daily), she came back. She wanted us to resume small talk. I referred to the GF, but it was slightly modified (for certain reasons, I'm going to keep her name anonymous as "Laura"):

Laura, you're nothing to me now, only a name. Nothing is
to ever happen, nothing has ever become. This is best, despite feelings you may have, you know this is the best which can happen: nothing. A simple indifference which has immortally occurred, effacing our past, discontinuing our future.
---------

She claims she would never forget those words, and she had never been hurt so badly.

I hope she never sees GFII, she might figure me out...
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 06:31 AM

I usually stick to the classic

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" grin
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 11:55 AM

I use , "non preoccupare (or Dont worry), I take care of everything", a lot.
Also i dont use like quotes from the movie, but the things I say sometimes and way i say them it sounds like it came from the movie.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 08:27 PM

In sticky business situations, I've said

"Are you going to come along with me on these things that I have to do?"
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/29/05 08:37 PM

Well sometimes when now one is talking ill just bust out in a GF quote.

I found myself saying
"Im Moe Green! I made my bones when you where goin' out with cheerleaders!" but I say my real name sometimes.

of course I say "This I can not do."

and I use the pick up line Sonny uses on mrs. mansenie (sp). lol
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/30/05 03:50 PM

Every chance I get, whether it is relevant or not.

My fave is "I got a stone in my shoe."
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/30/05 04:19 PM

Some good lines there

One I wish my landlord would use is "the rent stays like before ... I'll even lower it"
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/30/05 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Tony Love:
After going several weeks without talking (yet seeing each other daily), she came back. She wanted us to resume small talk. I referred to the GF, but it was slightly modified (for certain reasons, I'm going to keep her name anonymous as "Laura"):

Laura, you're nothing to me now, only a name. Nothing is
to ever happen, nothing has ever become. This is best, despite feelings you may have, you know this is the best which can happen: nothing. A simple indifference which has immortally occurred, effacing our past, discontinuing our future.
---------

She claims she would never forget those words, and she had never been hurt so badly.

I hope she never sees GFII, she might figure me out...
lol That's one of the best uses for a Godfather line I've ever heard!!

'THE POWER OF THE GODFATHER' lol

I use alot of them. They have become part of my vocabulary. grin
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 06/30/05 09:18 PM

My brother was once planning on getting involved in a fight between one of his friends and another person. I asked him "What if you lose?", he said "I won't". He started laughing, and I replied "Never underestimate your enemies, it affects your judgement". He gave me an odd look, but I just started to laugh. grin

He's never seen The Godfather before. eek

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 02:25 AM

I had a good Godfather moment today!

I was telling a story to some people at the table I was sitting at while at work, on my lunch break. A guy sitting there with us interrupted me, and started saying something. I turned around and said "Wait a minute." Then I turned back to the person I was talking to, and said "I have a sentimental weakness for my co-workers, and I spoil them as you can see. They talk when they should listen." Everybody busted out laughing, but I doubt anyone knew what the hell I was talking about. I even talked in Vito's voice (tried to anyway), and someone not even in the conversation said "Do you have a cold?" lol

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 05:14 AM

lol That's pretty good!

It's hilarious how we can use these lines IRL. Just the way it can be delivered, presented. It makes things all worth while.

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 05:16 AM

Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
lol That's one of the best uses for a Godfather line I've ever heard!!
Thanks DA wink grin
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 05:40 AM

Damn, I use them naturally almost everyday. Sometimes I'll say one without thinking.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 05:56 AM

One time I was at a buddy's apartment for a party and his younger sister (I think she was 22 or 23 at the time) was out there in some tiny shorts and a tight top. I turned to my other friend and said, "If this was somebody else's sister...sweet tonnad!"
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 06:54 AM

Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
I had a good Godfather moment today!

I was telling a story to some people at the table I was sitting at while at work, on my lunch break. A guy sitting there with us interrupted me, and started saying something. I turned around and said "Wait a minute." Then I turned back to the person I was talking to, and said "I have a sentimental weakness for my co-workers, and I spoil them as you can see. They talk when they should listen." Everybody busted out laughing, but I doubt anyone knew what the hell I was talking about. I even talked in Vito's voice (tried to anyway), and someone not even in the conversation said "Do you have a cold?" lol
hahaha lol , good one xXx wink
Posted By: Joolsie Cappucetti

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 07:54 PM

Haha, cool thread! Yep I use lines all the time, but people just look at me funny rolleyes plebs!

My dad says "bada bip, bada bop, bada boop" a lot but he always gets it in the wrong order lol

I use "It's not personal. It's strictly business" when I'm feeling philosophical.

"That's a true story"

"You can act like a man! Whatsa matter with you?" when someone's being a dick.

Slightly bizarrely "If I wanted to kill you you'd be dead already" orange

"May your first child be a masculine child" when I'm grateful to someone.

I think we should have a running competition this week - who can fit as many inappropriate GF qoutes into everday conversation as possible! cool

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/01/05 09:35 PM

Oh yeah, and I say "And that's my trick" when I do something skillful, a la Clemenza cool
Posted By: Santino's Girl

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/06/05 04:31 AM

I use "If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone." Sure, I get some weird looks, but who cares?
Posted By: Al.Neri

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/08/05 10:25 AM

Great thread! I wish my native language could be English, so I could actually say these thing in real life. For example "Never underestimate your enemies, it affects your judgement" would in Norwegian be: "Undervurdér aldri fiendene dine, det påvirker dømmekraften din".

It's not the same, but maybe I should try it anyway. smile
Posted By: Don of Dons

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/08/05 10:30 AM

just about anytime I ever do something for someone, as a joke i say

"someday, and that day may never come. I will come to you for your services"

yeah, i butchered the actual quote probably, but you know what i meant. smile

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/08/05 10:31 AM

oh, also ''just when i get out....they pull me back in''

another favorite to use in public
Posted By: Al.Neri

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/08/05 10:33 AM

Originally posted by Don of Dons:
oh, also ''just when i get out....they pull me back in''

Do you do that thing with your arms and do that angry-upset voice Michael has? lol

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/08/05 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Al.Neri:
Originally posted by Don of Dons:
[b] oh, also ''just when i get out....they pull me back in''

Do you do that thing with your arms and do that angry-upset voice Michael has? lol [/b]
i try to do both, but i think the arm movement is crucial to the quote, lol
Posted By: Flora Corleone

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/09/05 10:46 PM

Oh guys, this thread is the best thing! lol
(we all are such GF geeks, what's the matter with us? grin )

But anyway, I'm known to my firends to come up with the most bizarre GF quotes at the less appropriate moments: for example, when I don't want someone to do something I always say something like: "if you do that, you are so going to sleep with the fishes, dude".

I occasionally receive some puzzled looks, but the result is priceless! (and I'm so proud of myself!) cool
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/10/05 04:30 AM

"Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."

For a while, I was the "low man on the totem pole" (how politically incorrect is that phrase?) in a job where certain people like to sluff-off their work. But I'm pretty good at saying "no," was indifferent to the threat of losing that job, and became pretty selective about the extra tasks I chose to do. And that line always accompanied the work for which I expected a return favor. I've gotten good favors granted in return from some of those people. Others were ungrateful, like Bonaserra, and I can't imagine what it was that I ever did to deserve such disrespect!

tony b.

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/11/05 03:25 PM

My girlfriend and I got in a fight the other day, and I ran out of things to say, so I screamed "YOU WON'T TAKE MY CHILDREN!" She hates The Godfather films (she says they're too long and boring eek ), but she knew what I was quoting, and she fell in the floor laughing. Everything was fine afther that.
Posted By: jordyallen101

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/20/05 09:00 PM

i say paulies line alot on his "eyetalian-american accent"
...Ill think about
Posted By: BarrytheBull

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/21/05 05:51 PM

Whenever I call my wife and she is in a bad mood, I use the old Clemenza line "I love ya witha all ofa my hearta, Ifa I don't see youa soon I'ma gonna die!!" You know....when he is teasing Michael in the kitchen.
I told my little brother that a man who doesn't spend time with his family, can never be a real man. He met a girl and pretty much became a stranger......he is ok now...lol.

But what I do the most....is the little scratch that the Godfather does on his chin.....I do that all the time in meetings, or when I am dealing with a customer face to face......and man it works....I don't know if they know what I am doing and why......but it works, it makes me confident and relaxed...LOL.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/21/05 05:57 PM

Originally posted by BarrytheBull:
but it works, it makes me confident and relaxed...LOL.
.........and scares away your customers I guess lol
Posted By: BarrytheBull

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/21/05 07:06 PM

Naw SVSG.....I just make them an offer they can't refuse....LOL. ohwell
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/23/05 04:39 PM

here are the one's I use all the time

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Today I settled all Family business,

"You sonofabitch, do you know who I am?

She was the greatest piece of ass I ever had, and I've had'em all over the world!"

keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 07/24/05 08:47 PM

Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
My girlfriend and I got in a fight the other day, and I ran out of things to say, so I screamed "YOU WON'T TAKE MY CHILDREN!"
Darnit man, I just can't get this out of my head! lol I watched GF2 again last night - I normally break my little heart over the Mike/Kay/abortion/slap scene - but when Mike yelled that, I burst out laughing, to the horror of the people I was watching the film with! lol
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/01/05 04:39 PM

I have a friend we call Paulie, and if someone asks about him I always say "Oh Paulie you won't see him anymore" It's gotten to the point where everyone just tells me to shut up but I gotta get it real
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/01/05 04:47 PM

Welcome Joe Batters! smile

I have a brother name "Paulie" and although he and my family have seen the GF, if I were to use that line I'm afraid I'd be the only one who would "get it" since I've seen it more times and know more about it than anyone else in my family anyway. ohwell It's always tempting to use GF quotes tho, even if others don't know that you are.

TIS
Posted By: Joe Batters

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/01/05 06:43 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome, I can't believe I haven't found this place before, For some reason I am more interested in the Godfather and Italian Mafia than anything, it's such a cool part of history that was so mysterious.
But anyway yeah it kinda defeats the purpose when noone knows what you are talking about but it still brings pleasure to me.
Posted By: Angeli DiCapelli

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/05/05 10:50 PM

I use this one at work constantly when asked to fix someone elses mess....

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Had you come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your project would be suffering
this very day.
And that by chance if an honest man (or woman) such as yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/09/05 05:23 PM

I actually broke up with a girlfriend when I was younger with the line

"Well you see my interests just don't conflict with yours"

That didn't go over all that sly or well in retrospect

Re: Ever use a Godfather line IRL? - 08/09/05 05:59 PM

I purchased a digital camera from Walmart.com the other day. Being an employee, I can use my employee discount. However, my girlfriend seems to think I would forget such a thing.

Girlfriend -- Ok, you got the camera. Did you use your discount?

Me -- What am I, a schmuck on wheels? (Yea, I know, that's Goodfellas).

Girlfriend -- What?

Me -- To put it simply, I CAN HANDLE THINGS, I'M SMAHT! NOT DUMB LIKE EVERYONE SAYS! I'M SMAHT, AND I WANT RESPECT!!

Girlfriend -- So did you?

Me -- ...oops.

***NOTE***
I did use my discount, I just like scaring her. grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET