Home

A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True

Posted By: CorleoneLegend

A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/01/05 08:01 PM

After recently reading a book called "The Vatican Exposed" i have learnt that a lot of things portrayed in The Godfather 3 are actually true facts.
Firstly it is almost certain that the church had John Paul 1st murdered due to his views on reform
Secondly it is true that A Vatican Banker was murdered and hang underneath a bridge much like Reizig at The end of part 3
It is also true that the company known as Imobiliare was indeed controlled by a Mafia Banker called Michele Sindonna, this just goes to show that not only is The Godfather 3 a great stand alone film, it is actually an accurate representation of The Corruption in The Catholic Chruch at that point in history
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 12:15 AM

Originally posted by CorleoneLegend:
After recently reading a book called "The Vatican Exposed" i have learnt that a lot of things portrayed in The Godfather 3 are actually true facts.
Firstly it is almost certain that the church had John Paul 1st murdered due to his views on reform
Secondly it is true that A Vatican Banker was murdered and hang underneath a bridge much like Reizig at The end of part 3
It is also true that the company known as Imobiliare was indeed controlled by a Mafia Banker called Michele Sindonna, this just goes to show that not only is The Godfather 3 a great stand alone film, it is actually an accurate representation of The Corruption in The Catholic Chruch at that point in history
Paul Willimas' book is more propaganda than truth.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 06:48 AM

Originally posted by CorleoneLegend:
lol lol lol
And what does the book say about Santa Klaus? I bet he is said to have a businness in the reindeers'smuggling! lol
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 06:52 AM

well facts are facts, and while the pope may have died of natural causes that does not mean the other points are not valid...you going to argue with the fact that a banker did die? dude i saw it on american justice.

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 07:20 AM

Originally posted by mr. soprano:
well facts are facts, and while the pope may have died of natural causes that does not mean the other points are not valid...you going to argue with the fact that a banker did die? dude i saw it on american justice.
exactly my point, facts are facts! So you just cannot state that it is "almost" certain the Church got Pope John Paul I murdered, because if you can't prove it you'd better avoid validating such things that are offensive for those of us who believe in the integrity of Roman Catholic Church. Of course the Church made horrible things in past times. Pope John Paul II begged forgiveness for those crimes performed in past centuries. But - thanks God - Middle Age is past, to elect a Pope you need a strong majority so if they did not want Cardinal Luciani to become Pope, the Conclave could have chosen another one, no need to kill anyone. I believe that the spiritual power of the Church is so great that it may bother other sorts of powers and in someone's mind it must be stained at any cost. The worst is I see there are people willing to believe this rubbish.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 10:47 AM

Originally posted by mr. soprano:
A banker dying does not turn GFIII into a documentary, or a great movie for that matter.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 01:53 PM

The definitive book on the death of John Paul I is "A Thief In The Night." It pretty much puts to rest the myth that he was poisoned as rumor has it. There was corruption in the Vatican Bank at the time and a Chicago based Cardinal on whom the Gilday character is based was involved. The book shows that the pope died of a heart attack.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 06:38 PM

Did I stumble into the Catholic Bashing message board?
Posted By: olivant

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/02/05 09:40 PM

Rupert Cornwell published God's Banker back in 1984 about he Vatican Bank and Roberto Calvi and his murder in 1982. The case has been reopened.

The book provided alot of information that could have served as a partial basis for the GFIII plot. However, please, please, please keep in mind that GFIII is indeed a movie and not a documentary.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/03/05 02:25 PM

Well all the movies have some real-life characteristics sprinkled through them. Johnny Fontane was modeled after Frank Sinatra, Hyman Roth after Meyer Lansky, etc.

I'm sure the comparisons to some of the Vatican conspiracies in GFIII is not a coincidence.

And while these Vatican conspiracies haven't been proven true, I don't doubt for a minute that they are true. And I sure as hell wouldn't dismiss them as impossible.

I believe the Vatican and the Catholic Church to be one of the most corrupt institutions on Earth.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/03/05 10:07 PM

Originally posted by Just Lou:
[b]
A banker dying does not turn GFIII into a documentary, or a great movie for that matter. [/b]
Well said grin
Posted By: marlon

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/06/05 05:32 PM

I am not familiar with the book "The Vatican Exposed" which proves that John Paul I was murdered, but does it say anything about the well known fact that Elvis has been living in the Vatican since his faked death?
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/06/05 06:08 PM

Originally posted by marlon:
... anything about the well known fact that Elvis has been living in the Vatican since his faked death?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/07/05 02:37 PM

as someone who is neither catholic nor hates catholics, i really don't think this topic has a lot to do with the godfather anymore. perhaps it would be most appropriate to move it to the general discussion forum.

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/10/05 06:25 PM

Well I'm a Catholic and I think the thread has PLENTY to do with The Godfather since the opening post compares certain events in a book with corresponding fictional events in GFIII.

The fact that the validity of the book can be argued and that Pope John Paul I was NOT murdered is a side issue.

If you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that this should now be in General Discussion, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book.

That is, if you have anything constructive to add.

Best,
Apple
Posted By: fathersson

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/10/05 06:32 PM

Spoken, just like the a nun with a ruler in her hand. wink
Posted By: SC

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/10/05 06:39 PM

There'll be a one hour tv show on the killing of this banker tomorrow night (May 11) on NBC. The show, titled "Nightline", will air at 8:00 p.m. EDT.
Posted By: SC

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/10/05 06:41 PM

Originally posted by fathersson:
Spoken, just like the a nun with a ruler in her hand.
Its a hard habit to break.

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/10/05 11:47 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Well I'm a Catholic and I think the thread has PLENTY to do with The Godfather since the opening post compares certain events in a book with corresponding fictional events in GFIII.

The fact that the validity of the book can be argued and that Pope John Paul I was NOT murdered is a side issue.

If you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that this should now be in General Discussion, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book.

That is, if you have anything constructive to add.

Best,
Apple
well the fact that i thought someone stating the catholic church is a corrupt institution can also be argued. your reply is no different than mine. if i was whining by stating my opinion about the discussion, then you are also whining by stating your opinion about my reply. if you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that my opinion is wrong, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book. that is, if you have anything constructive to add.

best,

jimmy
Posted By: olivant

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/12/05 11:27 PM

Who watched the NBC Dateline on the Vatican Bank last night? Any enlightenment from that?

I think the nuns did it!

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/13/05 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
[QUOTE]...if i was whining by stating my opinion about the discussion, then you are also whining by stating your opinion about my reply. if you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that my opinion is wrong, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book. that is, if you have anything constructive to add.

best,

jimmy
Nice try, Jimmy...but actually my reply is very different from yours. You decided upon your own that this thread no longer had anyting to do with The Godfather and suggested it be moved. Catholic bashing or not (which is still a matter of opinion), I stated that it had sufficient link to GF to remain in this forum.

Since it's still here...I guess those who move threads did not agree with you.

But by 'cleverly' attempting to use my own words as part of your reply...you did confirm that you still have nothing constructive to add to the thread so I do appreciate your post on that point alone.

On with the discussion.

Apple

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/13/05 02:11 PM

Elvis is alive, Paul McCartney is dead, Pro Wrestling is Real, The Space Shuttle is fake, and GFIII is an accurate portrayal of history. Where is Jon Stewart when we need him?

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/13/05 02:15 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
Elvis is alive, Paul McCartney is dead, Pro Wrestling is Real, The Space Shuttle is fake, and GFIII is an accurate portrayal of history. Where is Jon Stewart when we need him?
You've forgotten we never landed on moon, DT!
lol

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/15/05 05:42 PM

nice try, apple...but actually your reply is quite the same as mine. You decided upon your own that i was whining when i offered my opinion, i guess those who post here did not agree with you, since you are the only one to complain.

But by 'cleverly' attempting to use your words as part of your reply...i did confirm that i really haven't added anything constructive. so i will convey my ideas on the thread in a question rather than a statement, that way i can't be accused of whining. is it safe to assume that the majority of italians are racist since joey zaza is the only one who will take blacks into his family? that was implied in gf 3, so as someone who has never met an italian before, is that what i'm supposed to think, just because it occurred in a fictional movie?

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/16/05 05:34 PM

Jimmy......CHILL!!!!

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/17/05 01:50 AM

Jimmy......CHILL!!!!
sorry don. didn't mean to offend anyone with my analogy. like i said, i've never met any italians, so i don't mean to imply i think they are racist. i just thought it was an accurate comparision of how things in a movie can't be taken too seriously. i hope i'm not whining by posting this. i'm truly sorry if i am.
Posted By: Chancre

Re: A Lot of Elements in The Godfather 3 True - 05/17/05 02:26 AM

.... Where is Jon Stewart when we need him?
[Linked Image]

Did somebody need a Jon Stewart?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET