Home

Worse Dresser.

Posted By: johnny ola

Worse Dresser. - 07/17/07 08:16 PM

Who other then Johnny Ola was the worse dresser? First he shows up in Tahoe, wearing a topcoat and fedora while everyone else is in warm weather dress. After that all we see him in is that cheesey orange outfit he wore both in Miami and at the night club in Cuba!
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/17/07 08:25 PM

I'm not sure I would want to wear Fredo's plaid jacket that he wore at the communion party.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/17/07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco
I'm not sure I would want to wear Fredo's plaid jacket that he wore at the communion party.

Good point.....no denying that Fredo's choice of clothing, was to say the least, quite flashy. I would call it "The tourist in Florida look."
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/17/07 09:19 PM

Slightly off topic- Lee Strasberg had the Florida retiree outfit down to a science. It hasn't changed in 50 years.

Plus, he had the pecs to go bare-chested.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/17/07 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Slightly off topic- Lee Strasberg had the Florida retiree outfit down to a science. It hasn't changed in 50 years.

I guess you didn't know that Roth, in his youth, was the model for the Charles Atlas ad about the bully who kicked sand in someone's face: "BUNK! I will make you into a real HE-MAN!"

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 01:14 AM

They should have shot another scene with Roth taking Mike to Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House for some great corned beef.

Posted By: olivant

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 01:17 AM

Speaking of Roth, a couple of years ago a Board member posted some scenes from the Trilogy with comical captions to them. One showed the bare-chested Roth telling Michael "I'm bigger than US Steel." Does anyone remember in which thread those pictures reside?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 01:27 AM

Speaking of Roth, has anyone noticed the big flowered wallpaper that Roth had in his Cuba room being similiar to the flowered wallpaper Frankie Pentangeli had at the army base?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 01:30 AM

I guess I am getting another damned tuna fish sandwich! Thats what I get for marrying a chorus girl. Them Italians get all the good food!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 07:47 PM

Carlo in that orange jumpsuit thing is pretty awful.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: johnny ola

They should have shot another scene with Roth taking Mike to Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House for some great corned beef.

Well, Michael was partial to Joe's Stone Crab, but after all, old Hyman was Kosher.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 07:57 PM

Good point.....no denying that Fredo's choice of clothing, was to say the least, quite flashy. I would call it "The tourist in Florida look."

I think they all could have taken some fashion advice from Morty Seinfeld. He was, after all, the fashion plate of Del Boca Vista, Phase II.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 08:05 PM

worse dresser had to be Moe Green.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/18/07 09:23 PM

I think they all could have taken some fashion advice from Morty Seinfeld. He was, after all, the fashion plate of Del Boca Vista, Phase II.

I agree, plus he rode around in a Cadillac, and was the president of the condo association, until he started to avoid the early birds! He was then forced to leave in shame just like Nixon......
Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 03:55 AM

Johnny Ola takes the cake.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 07:28 AM

They're actually closing the Rascal House (at least the one on Collins Avenue). Putting up another Epicure. Yum.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 06:19 PM

We forgot Woltz and all those Hollywood Finocchio outfits and PJ's.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 06:28 PM

That's too bad about Wolfie's.

Talk about a landmark!
Posted By: whisper

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 08:11 PM

I always thought the dresses Kay wore looked like shit.But i guess that was the fashion at the time.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under
I always thought the dresses Kay wore looked like shit.But i guess that was the fashion at the time.

I agree, I personally liked Deanna's dress Even Roths wife dressed nicer......I bet she was the sexiest babe at the bingo table!

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 08:53 PM

I agree, I personally liked Deanna's dress Even Roths wife dressed nicer......I bet she was the sexiest babe at the bingo table!

Yeah i have a thing for Roth's wife too

But seriously that red dress with white pokadots on it that Kay wears,looks so stupid.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/19/07 09:08 PM

Yeah i have a thing for Roth's wife too

But seriously that red dress with white pokadots on it that Kay wears,looks so stupid.

So can we conclude that Jewish mob bosses dress their women in nicer dresses then Italian mob bosses?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/20/07 04:01 PM

Not dresser, but Al Pacino's hair in part 3.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/20/07 04:15 PM

Actually that style was quite popular in the 90's

Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/20/07 05:09 PM

How about Kay's hair throughout? Especially at the end of GF1 and when she tries to leave Michael in GF2.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 07/20/07 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: The Last Woltz

How about Kay's hair throughout? Especially at the end of GF1 and when she tries to leave Michael in GF2.

Yeah, or that perm in Part III?
Posted By: Brwne Byte

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 05:57 PM

Hated the curly hair. HATED it.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 06:38 PM

So can we conclude that Jewish mob bosses dress their women in nicer dresses then Italian mob bosses?

Yeah, and they take their wives to Florida, too. Italian Mob bosses' wives are stuck in freezing New York, cookin' the macaronies with the gravy...

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Yeah, and they take their wives to Florida, too. Italian Mob bosses' wives are stuck in freezing New York, cookin' the macaronies with the gravy...

While the nice Jewish wives only have to make tuna sandwiches....just goes to show Deanna's advice about which ethnic group a woman should never marry may have had merit.
Speaking of Deanna and bad dressing what was with the fur at a springtime party in Tahoe?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Speaking of Deanna and bad dressing what was with the fur at a springtime party in Tahoe?

It was another FFC authenticity touch. In the Fifties, a mink coat or stole was the ultimate status symbol for wealthy women (or women who wanted to appear wealthy). They wore their minks on every and any occasion, in any and every season. One of my crime books shows a picture of opening night at Meyer Lansky's Riviera Hotel in Havana (1958). Even in that steamy tropical climate, every woman in the picture is wearing a mink stole.
Posted By: Oranges

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 08:16 PM

kay's hair was stupid when she was having dinner with michael (at her house, i believe).

btw, am i the only one that thinks that connie looked hot ass hell during the flashback at the end of GF2 when she first met Carlo?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Oranges
kay's hair was stupid when she was having dinner with michael (at her house, i believe).

btw, am i the only one that thinks that connie looked hot ass hell during the flashback at the end of GF2 when she first met Carlo?

Except when she asked Mike for money to book passage on the Queen, I never thought she really looked that hot! She always looked like she should have been with a club fighter from Philly.

Posted By: olivant

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/01/07 11:27 PM

Keep in mind that the hairstyles were consistent with the 40s, 50s, and 60s. They all looked pretty nice to me.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/20/07 06:01 PM

In GFII Michael wears the same striped tie in almost every scene.
Was Kay to busy whining to go out and get him a couple more ties, or did she really just go for that "Common Mafia Hood" look?

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/20/07 07:02 PM

She only bought ties for Fredo.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/21/07 03:00 PM

Don Corleone was wearing a very unattractive suit when he was meeting Virgil Sollozzo in The Godfather.

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/21/07 04:25 PM

Mama Corleone wasn't exactly a fashion plate.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/21/07 04:32 PM

In GF 2 when Kay tells Mike about the abortion she is wearing a thing around her neck that hangs down between her breasts. I wouldn't call it a necklace, but it is the biggest, gaudiest piece of ..?? It looks like it could be used to signal planes or emit noises. \:\/

Re: Worse Dresser. - 08/21/07 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
In GF 2 when Kay tells Mike about the abortion she is wearing a thing around her neck that hangs down between her breasts. I wouldn't call it a necklace, but it is the biggest, gaudiest piece of ..?? It looks like it could be used to signal planes or emit noises. \:\/

It was a Sicilian Thing Michael had given to her.
Posted By: Eddie_The_Cag

Re: Worse Dresser. - 10/24/07 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

It was a Sicilian Thing Michael had given to her.

My dear dontomasso: your remark concerning the Sicilian Thing that Michael had given to Kay is, without a doubt, the most sidesplitting comment I have heard anybody make in weeks. Thank you for the last fifteen minutes of nearly uninterrupted laughter!

Now, to toss my two cents in: that orange jumpsuit Carlo wore was absolutely ghastly!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET