Home

Lightning and Thunder in Dec.

Posted By: johnny ola

Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 01:38 AM

Was that thunder and lightning when McClusky got out of his car to confront Mike at the hosptal? If so, that is a very rare occurence to have lightning and thunder in the winter in the Northeast.

Record snowfall buries New York City
'Dangerous storm' wallops East Coast, snarls travel

Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 10:19 p.m. EST (03:19 GMT)

Traffic on I-95 backs up behind a group of snowplows Sunday in Rhode Island.

What Is This? BOSTON, Massachusetts (CNN) -- A raging nor'easter howled up the East Coast on Sunday, breaking a snowfall record in New York, shutting down airports and dumping more than two feet of snow on parts of the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states.

Central Park in New York City had recorded nearly 27 inches by about 4:15 p.m. Sunday, breaking a record of 26.4 inches set in December 1947, according to the National Weather Service.

Other snowfall totals included 27.8 inches in Fairfield, Connecticut; 25.4 inches at New York's LaGuardia Airport; 21.3 inches in Columbia, Maryland, near Baltimore; and more than a foot in parts of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to the National Weather Service.

The storm packed winds of up to 40 mph as it brushed the coast, and some parts of New England remained under blizzard warnings into Sunday evening, the National Weather Service reported.

Lightning and thunder accompanied some of the snowfall. The National Weather Service called the rare phenomenon "thundersnow."
Posted By: SC

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: johnny ola
Was that thunder and lightning when McClusky got out of his car to confront Mike at the hosptal? If so, that is a very rare occurence to have lightning and thunder in the winter in the Northeast.

While its certainly not a frequent occurence its not all that rare to have thunder in December. The article you quoted is stating the rarity of thunder with snow. It wasn't snowing when Mike visited the hospital.

Besides, that thunder adds so much to that scene, just as the noise of the subway does when Mike exacts his revenge and kills McCluskey later on.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 03:16 AM

"Thunder can't hurt! Harmless noise! Bullshit! Deceitful little fuck! Altobello! You fuck!"
Posted By: olivant

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 03:58 AM

Thunder, lightening. The way they loved was frightening. I hoped they knocked on wood.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: johnny ola

It wasn't snowing when Mike visited the hospital.

Besides, that thunder adds so much to that scene, just as the noise of the subway does when Mike exacts his revenge and kills McCluskey later on.

Weren't there a few flakes flying around when they came out of the hospital...when McCluskey socked Mike?

Not to toot my horn , but I posted on this a zillion years ago. Brilliantly observant people find these kinds of things. \:p

I've been NYC in a snow storm and hear a thunder-boom....eerie.

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 12:23 PM

I think we can all agree that the lightning and thunder was the right touch to add to the dramatics of the scene. Nice touch having ligtning shine on McClusky when he got out of the car. Gave him the right sinister, almost "Frankenstein" look \:o

So why thunder and lightning isn't impossible during the winter, it appears as though its quite rare. I don't think its ever thunder and lightning during a snow storm down here in Florida... \:p \:p \:p
Posted By: wtwt5237

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
"Thunder can't hurt! Harmless noise! Bullshit! Deceitful little fuck! Altobello! You fuck!"

Don Cardi, I am sorry but I don't get why did Micheal suddenly cry out this line. 'Altobello! You fuck ' will do, but what does 'thunder can't hurt' mean?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 12:51 PM

If you remember, it was raining and thundering outside when he went into his diabetic fit.

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
If you remember, it was raining and thundering outside when he went into his diabetic fit.

So it thunders every time something happens to Mike, much like horse's whinny and neigh when they hear Frau Blucher's name.

Posted By: lucylu

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 08:35 PM

Here in Chitown, we get thunderstorms in winter.

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: lucylu
Here in Chitown, we get thunderstorms in winter.

Thats all well and good, but the scene took place in New York, where thunder in winter is rare.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/16/07 10:26 PM

We've experienced "thundersnow" a few times the last couple of years, here in the NE.

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/17/07 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
We've experienced "thundersnow" a few times the last couple of years, here in the NE.

No you didn't, you were just imagining it....... \:p
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/17/07 01:14 AM

Maybe. But I don't think so. \:p
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/17/07 01:40 AM

Is that what you called it when your girlfriend found out about that Sopranos pinball machine?

Re: Lightning and Thunder in Dec. - 07/17/07 02:52 AM

Maybe. But I don't think so. \:p

That is what my sources told me.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET