Home

the region 4 dvd set

Posted By: Tony the pony

the region 4 dvd set - 08/10/03 02:19 PM

I just got the box set on region 4 dvd and I just watched the first one.
I dont know about the region 1 release but when I watched it the frame rate seemed to skip here and there, very noticeable at the start during the wedding scenes.
Also when I got about 2 and a 1/2 hours into it I checked the chapter listings timer and it said there was 1hr and 10 minutes to go?? then it finished 18 minutes later?.
Is it just me, my dvd player, or a bad region 4 (Australian) version..
Still Great though.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: the region 4 dvd set - 08/10/03 06:00 PM

Welcome to the board!!

Sorry, I didn't notice anything wrong with my set. But then, of course, it's a Region 1 set.
Posted By: DonGoku

Re: the region 4 dvd set - 08/11/03 05:28 PM

umm nothing wrong with my set
region 4 from australia, maybe it was ur dvd player?
Posted By: Double-J

Re: the region 4 dvd set - 08/12/03 12:34 AM

- Try the disks in another DVD player (preferable one of a similar type/brand) and test the disks...

- Try another DVD in your player and see if you get similar results with the chapter settings

- clean the discs (sure they are new, but do it anyways) and try them in your DVD player again...

If one of these doesn't yield the source of the problem or the solution, then maybe God just plain doesn't like you, and doesn't want you to watch the Trilogy. lol
Posted By: Willie Cicci

Re: the region 4 dvd set - 08/12/03 09:02 AM

I am Region 4 as well.

When I first got the Trilogy, it stuffed up at the end of Godfather 2. When Sonny spoke the whole thing pixellated and froze.

I returned it and got instead a perfectly good disk set.

I have a feeling the appalling packaging of the Trilogy allows the disks to "go bad". I have yet to see a copy of the GF films in which the cardboard DVD holders aren't creased and bent.

My previous batch, the older batch, had a matte surface on the upper side of the discs, while the new batch has shinier upper sides. Don't know if thatll help...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET