Home

The Soundtrack

Posted By: Mike Sullivan

The Soundtrack - 07/12/03 12:53 AM

I know im willing to call the GF soundtrack from I and II some of the Best Pices of music orchestrated. Nino Rota was a music genious. What does the public think.

P.S The GF III should also be notorious for bad music. Thats what happenes when a director gives jobs to family members who can't hold on their own.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/12/03 07:56 PM

All 3 of the soundtracks are excellent, and even some of the others (Godfather Wedding Album) that are available only on vinyl are sweet too.

I like the GF III, I think it has some real gems (regardless of whats on the actual soundtrack) including Brucia la terra (not on there), Eh Cumpari, and the Cavalleria Rusticana music.

And as far as the family members comment goes, are you talking about Carmine Coppola and his brother in GF III, or the Coppola family in general in GF III? ohwell
Posted By: Researcher

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/14/03 08:54 PM

The Godfather soundtrack was simply classic. The Godfather II soundtrack had some pretty cool tracks, such as Michael's theme, I think, and the Murder of Don Fanucci, The Immigrant theme; they were great. I admit that 3 didn't have many great tracks.

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/14/03 10:32 PM

I mean overall. I hated the GFIII Soundtrack and what Carmine did to it. He editited some pices. THe Waltz was gone.
Posted By: sixgun

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/15/03 07:18 PM

There are a few Elvis Costello songs in GF III, are they on the soundtrack?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/15/03 08:00 PM

I think all three are utter brilliance. Carmine Coppola and Nino Rota are two excellent composers. If TGF III was not slated so much by the majority, would you still think the score was rubbish?

Mick

Re: The Soundtrack - 07/16/03 12:11 AM

Well, I certainly don't think its rubbish. wink

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/01/03 08:02 PM

Well each to his own opinion. Pop SONGS SHOULD NOT BE IN A MAFIA SOUNDTRACK! ANd I admit Carmine Did well in the tarrentella department and in the GFII but GFIII was just simply intolerable and the CD soundtrack was filled mostley by Scicilia Rustica. I HATE IT! THAT SHOULDNT BE THERE EITHER!

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/03/03 12:09 AM

You mean Cavelleria Rusticana?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/03/03 12:30 AM

Cavalleria Rusticana is an absolutely beautiful piece of music. When it is played in Raging Bull the hairs on my neck stand on end!

Mike, pop songs should be on a Mafia soundtrack if they reflect the times shown in the movie. Take, for instance, the soundtrack to Goodfellas. Imagine that movie with a classic piece of music instead of Tony Bennett singing his heart out? Sorry, but it just wouldn't work. Then again, if it had been used, we'd know no different.

I agree, though, that TGF Trilogy has that classic feel to it that suggests that a pop song on the soundtrack would ruin it. Only a minor thought, but I didn't post about that; I was simply correcting you on your thought about pop songs on Mafia films. smile

Mick

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/03/03 12:37 AM

Your right. I said it wrong. A movie that doesnt depend on it dont need it.

I never said Sciclian Rusticana was bad. I meant to say it should not have been on the soundtrack. I dont think it was an intrical par tof the movie.
Posted By: Zasa

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/05/03 08:39 PM

wait, wait, wait....Elvis Costello did tracks on GFIII? Which ones?! I love Costello!

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/05/03 11:21 PM

He never did a track for it.

But Harry Connick jr. Did.

POINTLESS!

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/06/03 12:45 AM

Ah well, take it for what it is. I mean, Coppola probably had to comprimise, because in GF he fought hard to keep contemporary stuff out...in GF II he had almost total control, and in GF III Paramount most likely wanted to include stuff that they thought would attract not only fans of the series but casual moviegoers as well.

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/06/03 02:51 PM

In other words after his hiatus he lost the Power he has in Godfather II
Posted By: Vinnie_Corleone

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/06/03 09:17 PM

i mus say i expected cell la luna on at leat one f album and did i get it the bloody i did. i got stuck wif the dean martin 1 which i paid a tenner 4

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/06/03 09:18 PM

Might I suggest the Louis Prima and the Lou Monte versions? wink
Posted By: Willie Cicci

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/12/03 09:31 AM

I'm very impressed by the soundtracks of GF and GF2. Especially because they are so simple yet effective. It takes a genius to score a film so sparsely, and yet fit it in so well.

The problem with GF3 was that Nino Rota was dead! No new themes.

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/13/03 08:35 PM

Nini Rota's death brought the demise of the GF part III Soundtrack.

The Godfather Soundtrack Was not As Simple as can be belived. It All revolved around the Waltz and The Imigrant Tracks and the Love Theme.

But It was Complicated because only certain pitches and such can be used to perform those tracks to make the Track seem different
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/14/03 02:35 AM

I recently purchased "Mob Hits II" and I really enjoy it. I love "Michael's Theme (by Henry Mancini). I like the way it changes into different melodies. One portion in particular brings back a childhood memory of my great aunt bouncing my little borther on her knee humming that tune. smile I like the whole feel of it.

TIS

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/14/03 05:47 PM

Theres nothing beter than the origional.

Re: The Soundtrack - 08/16/03 01:08 AM

That's damn true. wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET