Home

Favourite Deleted Scene

Posted By: Aberdeen Fascisti

Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/12/02 05:07 PM

Mines is when they go to the hospital to visit Genco on his deathbed. The conversation Vito has with Genco demonstrates the nature of the relationship Vito had with his people.

What's everyone elses favourite deleted scene?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/12/02 06:01 PM

Mine is from GF II when Sonny's daughter is about to get married & she asks for Michael's blessing. I love it when Micahael asks the guy how he's gonna support his wife on fine arts!? lol
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 03:12 AM

My favorite was Genco in his deathbed. he stresses out how powerful the Don is.
"Stay with me Godfather, help me meet death."- Genco

GoodFella
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 05:02 AM

Originally posted by Irishman12:
Mine is from GF II when Sonny's daughter is about to get married & she asks for Michael's blessing. I love it when Micahael asks the guy how he's gonna support his wife on fine arts!? lol
I'd have to say that's my favorite too.
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 01:33 PM

Again I can't pick just one blush

Seeing Fabrizio cop it sweet was very satisfying lol

Seeing Michael being so carefree in the hotel scene where she fakes being a telephone operator was good too....

Seeing the way Sonny handled the news of his father's shooting....I think there were not enough scenes with Sonny in GI
Posted By: sonnysgirl

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 03:18 PM

The Genco hostpital scene is also my favorite, I just do not understand how they can leave it on the cutting room floor!!

SVG- I completely agree with you! James Caan is an amazing and talented actor and Sonny added such passion to the movie, he needed to be in the movie more!!!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 08:08 PM

I thought they were all great. But if I had to pick one, it'd be the Genco scene. Chock full of details that help explain the remainder of the film.

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 08:14 PM

i would like to add the scene where Fanucci was attack by the guys and was witnessed by Vito. here we can see how weak fanucci was . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/13/02 08:39 PM

the one with Sonny's twins at the Lake Tahoe resort, for obvious reasons...
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/16/02 07:49 PM

I agree with you Goodfella. The attack on Fannuci was a good one and Vito witnessing it and realising that Fanucci was not 'all powerful' in fact he acted like a right sissy. Probably when Vito realised he was a match for Fanucci. It would have been good left in to show how Vito knew he could take fanucci.

FH
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/25/02 06:08 AM

Mine is when they plant a car bomb in Federico's car and kill him. Is it Fredrico? He's the one who killed Appolonia by a car bomb.

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/25/02 06:18 AM

his name is Frabizzio . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/25/02 10:57 AM

Genco scene definetly. This seen gives a good view of the power of Vito. When somebody thinks that a normal living man (Vito) can scare off Death you have to be very powerful. And the tragic look of Vito at that point. Superb.

BTW When Genco dies my favorite character Tom Hagen becomes Consiglieri. Also a plus for this scene grin
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/25/02 03:09 PM

Originally posted by M.M. Floors:

BTW When Genco dies my favorite character Tom Hagen becomes Consiglieri. Also a plus for this scene grin
And that's another reason why this scene is so important: it helps you to understand what Michael said to Kay earlier--"He [Tom] is a good lawyer...I think he's going to become consigliere."
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/25/02 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
[b]
And that's another reason why this scene is so important: it helps you to understand what Michael said to Kay earlier--"He [Tom] is a good lawyer...I think he's going to become consigliere."[/b]
Sure it is. The first time you see Michael saying that you don't know quit well what he means. But when you know that Genco was the former Consiglieri and was going to die this is more easily to understand.
Posted By: Uncle Ken

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/27/02 06:05 PM

Just as important as the Genco hospital scene, is Michael in the garden with Vito after Michael's return from Sicily when he asks Vito "what about Sonny?" ... "what about Sicily?" .... "Well -- you gave your word that you wouldn't break the peace, I didn't give mine. You don't have to have any part -- I take all responsibility." This is a KEY scene, and gives you a glimpse of Michael's plans for the future.
Posted By: TwelveXprophet

Re: Favourite Deleted Scene - 12/29/02 06:02 AM

The 'fine arts' scene is good, but i prefer the scene depicting the child molestation of Janie, it adds more hatred to the story.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET