Home

Questoion Regarding The Archbishop

Posted By: Sopranorleone

Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/26/06 08:12 PM

Hey guys! Well during my free time today I was pondering the Godfather films (as always!! ) and I was thinking....remember in GF3, right after Cardinal Lamberto was named Pope, the Archbishop was about to sip some coffee/tea, but he stops himself and looks at it. We then later see (possibly the same) tea being delivered to the Pope, who we can assume died from poisons in the tea. So my question is (maybe its been asked already) was the Archbishop about to committ suicide before and drink the tea, but then realized he could kill the Pope that way? Or was that just regular tea and that gave him the idea to get rid of the man who was going to clean up the Vatican?

Thanks guys, this forum is the best!

S
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 02:21 AM

I always took that scene to mean that the Archbishop was in on the poisoning of Lamberto. To what extent we'll never know, but it seems he's looking down into his own tea much the same way as a murderer might stare at the gun or the dead bodies for a split second after the act. He's either thinking how easy it to kill someone and worried his next cup of tea could be his last or else he's relieved that his cup of tea is poison-free.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 03:36 AM

I never took it that way. He looked comtemplatively into the tea. What he was contemplating could have been anything - probably the mess he was in.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I never took it that way. He looked comtemplatively into the tea. What he was contemplating could have been anything - probably the mess he was in.

Seems to me he was involved in the poisoning. I dunno, I don't really watch that 'movie.'

From now on you deal w/ Turnbull.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
Hey guys! Well during my free time today I was pondering the Godfather films (as always!! ) and I was thinking....remember in GF3, right after Cardinal Lamberto was named Pope, the Archbishop was about to sip some coffee/tea, but he stops himself and looks at it. We then later see (possibly the same) tea being delivered to the Pope, who we can assume died from poisons in the tea. So my question is (maybe its been asked already) was the Archbishop about to committ suicide before and drink the tea, but then realized he could kill the Pope that way? Or was that just regular tea and that gave him the idea to get rid of the man who was going to clean up the Vatican?

Thanks guys, this forum is the best!

S

As I recall the scene the archbishop, who was in a ton of trouble was looking at the steam rising from his cup of tea, and he obviously got the idea to poison the pope by lacing his tea. In the scene where the pope is served the tea, it doesnt seem like he ordered it because whoever is giving it to him (he had to be working for the Archbishop) tells him it will help him sleep.

So you are corrrect, by looking at his own tea the archbishop got the "inspiration" to get himself out of trouble.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 05:42 PM

Sounds logical. Also, it may have been another of FFC's filmic devices to prepare us for the Pope's poisoning by planting a visual clue.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Questoion Regarding The Archbishop - 10/27/06 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Sounds logical. Also, it may have been another of FFC's filmic devices to prepare us for the Pope's poisoning by planting a visual clue.

You are correct Turnbull, it was also a filmic device because in the scene where the pope gets his tea, the camera first focuses on the steam rising from it.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Cardinal is convicted of embezzlement in Vatican f - 12/17/23 05:53 AM

Cardinal is convicted of embezzlement in Vatican financial trial

A Vatican tribunal on Saturday convicted a cardinal of embezzlement and sentenced him to 5 ½ years in prison in one of several verdicts handed down in a complicated financial trial that aired the city state’s dirty laundry and tested its justice system.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/...-embezzlement-in-vatican-financial-trial
Posted By: lucab19

Re: Cardinal is convicted of embezzlement in Vatican f - 12/18/23 04:37 AM

Gotta love those 17 year bumps!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET