Home

DVD costs

Posted By: M.M. Floors

DVD costs - 07/07/02 11:09 AM

What is the price of the DVD collection in America (and other countrys). In the Netherlands it's $69. Is this the normal price?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: DVD costs - 07/07/02 01:59 PM

Seems like you got a good price, MM. Here in the US, Amazon.com lists it at $74.95, and Buy.com, which usually has the lowest price, is only $1 cheaper.

Re: DVD costs - 07/07/02 06:19 PM

Then it's a good idea for me to buy the dvd collection in the Netherlands and not via a website like amazon.

Thanks
Posted By: duncan2166

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 02:27 AM

I got mine new for 85.99 CND. I thought that was a great deal.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 03:32 AM

At the best places,you can get it for $5.00.Only the best places of course.
Posted By: Calogero

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 05:18 AM

DVD's that are made for view in one country sometimes won't work in other countries. I know it sounds crazy but this is true. Each DVD is made for a specific region. When I was in Europe I wanted to buy Soprano's season 2 because it wasn't out in the states yet and somehow I found out that it wouldn't work on my DVD player back home in the states.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 07:20 AM

Well, yeah... that's what regional coding is all about grin -- for better or worse.

But back to the question.... whatever price, it's a great set! You don't have it yet, MM?!?!?!

JG
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 08:27 AM

I got it at Costco for $65... smile

Of course I would have paid $75 for it anyday.

-Lucky
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: DVD costs - 07/10/02 08:37 AM

Originally posted by Calogero:
DVD's that are made for view in one country sometimes won't work in other countries. I know it sounds crazy but this is true. Each DVD is made for a specific region. When I was in Europe I wanted to buy Soprano's season 2 because it wasn't out in the states yet and somehow I found out that it wouldn't work on my DVD player back home in the states.
you should look for a Multi-Region DVD player to avoid this problem, or try bringing your player to the technician to decode it. almost all dvd players they sell here are region free.
i bought my boxed set for P3,200, thats around $64. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Blake

Re: DVD costs - 07/12/02 04:38 AM

Here in Canada it costs about 80 bucks.

Re: DVD costs - 07/12/02 07:22 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
But back to the question.... whatever price, it's a great set! You don't have it yet, MM?!?!?!

[/QB]
No, to bad isn't mad

Re: DVD costs - 07/13/02 03:29 AM

It doesnt matter how much it costs!
Posted By: Don Tony Montana

Re: DVD costs - 07/14/02 01:07 AM

Originally posted by Blake Peters:
It doesnt matter how much it costs!
smile
Posted By: scarface786

Re: DVD costs - 07/14/02 02:11 AM

Got mine for £25 which is about $40!!
U can get it cheap in the UK!! The cheapest I've seen it was about 5 months back for £5!!

Re: DVD costs - 07/14/02 10:57 AM

That's cheap!!! But I think i'll wait buying it. I have to go on holiday and if I buy the GF DVD I don't have enough money. I think I'll have to wait after the holiday and spent my time with the 3 video's.

Re: DVD costs - 08/24/02 12:35 AM

Mine with taxes came out to nearly 100 whopping bucks! I still feel its worth it wink
Posted By: Guinea Guarino

Re: DVD costs - 08/24/02 03:47 AM

I payed $75 for it at Wal-Mart here in the U.S... worth every penny!

Re: DVD costs - 08/24/02 06:44 AM

I bought it at wal mart too! It was priced 85$ but rounded up too almost a hundred.

Re: DVD costs - 08/24/02 05:18 PM

gee Blake, yours are too expensive for $100. mine are cheap for $64 but we can't beat Scarface 786's $40. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: DVD costs - 08/25/02 01:05 AM

I think I paid 85 or 90 for mine.
Posted By: wfrank_99

Re: DVD costs - 08/28/02 01:46 AM

I paid $65 for mine..brand new!!!..but i have seen it in used dvd stores for $45...
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: DVD costs - 08/28/02 11:16 PM

I paid a little over $40 for mine - brand new. But then, I have a friend that works at Target and she got it for me. She told me I was wasting my money on that. I told her we weren't a part of the same hipocrisy.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: DVD costs - 09/02/02 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
Seems like you got a good price, MM. Here in the US, Amazon.com lists it at $74.95, and Buy.com, which usually has the lowest price, is only $1 cheaper.
I bought mine at Amazon for $64.95 after using one of their $10 off codes. They also had free shipping.
Posted By: Lcu

Re: DVD costs - 09/08/02 04:39 PM

Hi scarface786,

I am in the UK. Would you pls tell me where I can get this offer? In particular, the cheapest one?

Thanks.

smile

Originally posted by scarface786:
Got mine for £25 which is about $40!!
U can get it cheap in the UK!! The cheapest I've seen it was about 5 months back for £5!!
Posted By: jim

Re: DVD costs - 09/11/02 10:54 PM

i live in the uk and i paid £36 for my dvd collection and it was worth every penny
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: DVD costs - 09/11/02 11:11 PM

[Linked Image]
Welcome jim and have alot of fun.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: DVD costs - 09/12/02 12:27 AM

Yeah, welcome to the board!
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: DVD costs - 09/13/02 09:23 PM

Damn... I was ripped off... 95 mother fucking US dollars!!!

That was at Strawberry's... I advise no one to buy their's there. frown
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: DVD costs - 09/13/02 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
Damn... I was ripped off... [b]95 mother fucking US dollars!!!

That was at Strawberry's... I advise no one to buy their's there. frown [/b]
Hi,
WOW!!! That is quite high. I bought mine off of Amazon.com and paid around $74.00. Too bad you can't return it.

Paul
Posted By: Undule8

Re: DVD costs - 09/17/02 01:24 AM

OMG, mine was priced at $100 at Barnes and Noble, but w/ my B&N member discount I paid about $90 w/ tax.
Posted By: silviodante77

Re: DVD costs - 09/22/02 07:07 PM

i think most people on here have probably already got the dvd boxset, but if you live in britain and havent got it yet, its £30, around $50 at the moment, but the offer ends on the 14th october!!! i saw it in woolworths by the way
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: DVD costs - 10/18/02 09:07 PM

MM Floors, wherever you saw the box for $69, don't buy it.

I bought it at a cd store (Van Leest) for € 55,-

I always thought movies were cheaper in the US...

cd's are, because they have to be shipped across an entire ocean (they cost about $ 20 in Holland now)... but apparently the DVD-region thing is a good deal for us Europeans.

we are talking about the same box right? [Linked Image]

Re: DVD costs - 10/20/02 11:35 AM

Well, I finally have it. I bought it for Euro 40 and that's nearly $41. I think it's a good buy.

Re: DVD costs - 10/20/02 04:52 PM

it's great isn't it? tongue rolleyes

Re: DVD costs - 10/20/02 05:49 PM

I watched a very little part by a friend of me. I don't have a dvd player yet. On my birthday I get one. 20 th november. So i'll have to wait a month.
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: DVD costs - 10/22/02 05:35 AM

I bought mine at Christmas time and I got 'em on sale for $80, they were $90 at the store where I bought 'em. Then the next day I was in our local Blockbuster Video and they were $65! Damn... mad

Re: DVD costs - 10/22/02 07:07 PM

dont you just hate when that happens? mad eek mad eek tongue rolleyes frown frown

Re: DVD costs - 10/22/02 07:12 PM

I wished I had some goons to send to that store where I originally bought those DVD's. They could have beat up the manager and gotten the $15 I deserved. lol lol lol

Re: DVD costs - 10/22/02 07:52 PM

I'm dissapointed having to assume you didn't (?)... come on, where's the wisegirl inside of you? Do you want me to get your 15 bucks after all? grin grin

"I take care'im... you won't see him no more"

your DVD seller (??) will sleep with the fi... ah well you get the point by now. eek

Re: DVD costs - 10/22/02 10:42 PM

Look Pherdy, I WOULD have... if I hadn't bought them at a store that was an hour from where I lived!!!

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: DVD costs - 11/04/02 07:39 PM

I asked my brother for the trilogy like last Christmas & I think it was $90 at Blockbuster, but I think he got it for maybe $80 since we both worked there & we get discounts! Your best bet for box sets is do what I "sometimes" do (although I usually ask for box sets for my birthday or Christmas so my friends/family buy them for me!) If there's a box set you want, go to Half.com or Amazon and get them used. One time when I went to BestBuy they had the Nightmare on Elm Street DVD Box Set (7 movies) for like $100 or a lil more. Well, I was fooling around recently on I think Amazon, and they were selling the Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set used for only $55! Usually the people who sell them used on those web sites, take good care of them & have only watching them a couple of times! Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: DVD costs - 11/09/02 03:55 PM

Hi, just a quick suggestion for anyone looking for a good price

I ordered my DVD copy here:
Lapis Electronics

For 59.99 Euro it's not bad wink
59.99 EUR = 60.77 USD

Cheers,
svet
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: DVD costs - 11/10/02 07:41 PM

Welcome aboard svet! Enjoy ur stay! grin
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: DVD costs - 11/10/02 09:50 PM

Originally posted by Don Mikey:

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
"Do you wanna be my friend, Godfather?"
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: DVD costs - 11/10/02 11:23 PM

Originally posted by Irishman12:
Welcome aboard svet! Enjoy ur stay! grin
smile Thanks! wink
Posted By: Mardini

Re: DVD costs - 11/11/02 03:37 PM

I remember my brother and i were at bestbuy the day it was released. We were walking around and suddenly saw a stand full of The Godfather DVD Collection. There must have been over a 100 set. We just walked up to it, grabbed one, and went on with our shopping, no questions asked. We bought it for $69.99, and it's worth every penny. It's a set you can't live without.
Posted By: Machine Gun Kelly

Re: DVD costs - 11/11/02 07:49 PM

I think I payed $80, but I dont care, greatest movies ever. Any why not as I'm sure you've heard before The Godfather tells you everything you need to know about life!
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: DVD costs - 11/11/02 08:52 PM

I paid £33 for mine....a bargain grin I'd have paid double though!

FH

Re: DVD costs - 11/21/02 10:22 AM

Finally, I have the dvd. I watched a few scenes. And I liked the Death of Genco most. Wow, how that scene was played. And the believe of Genco that Vito can give him more living time. Absolutely fabulous.
Posted By: Predator1

Re: DVD costs - 12/29/02 11:56 PM

It is normally about £50 in England.
But i got mine for around £40
It was only £30 the other day though.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: DVD costs - 02/01/03 08:30 PM

A month later

Walmart and K-Mart have stopped selling them.

FYE doesn't sell it

Media Play is 95$
I saw it in Blockbuster a year ago for 65$

BestBuy is aGOOD idea!

I'll give it a try!

Bestbuy.com

1.04 Motherf*cking dollars!

WTF happened to America!

Since January 1st 2003, i haven't seen Godfather DDV in stores ANYWHERE!

I'd steal it from the library but their version is missing the disc for Godfather 3!

Help, where in the US can i get it for about 60, 65$?
Posted By: Captain Howdy

Re: DVD costs - 02/01/03 09:51 PM

Originally posted by Ricardo:
I'd steal it from the library but their version is missing the disc for Godfather 3!
Lol dude, I thought I was bad cuz I was gonna steal the soundtrack to "Once Upon A Time In America" from my public library. It's only been issued three times in three years, and I'd actually be happy to pay them the cost they bought it at too.

But I decided that it would be plain wrong. So I have to go without!

Re: DVD costs - 02/02/03 12:44 PM

the Godfather Trilogy dvd's are limited. if your player is multi-region, you will have no problem looking in other countries, coz here a lot are still in stock.
Captain Howdy, you can download the music of Once Upon a Time in America in Kazaa.

GoodFella
Posted By: Don Mercado

Re: DVD costs - 02/02/03 05:40 PM

i bought mine for 60
Posted By: Domenico Clericuzio

Re: DVD costs - 02/03/03 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Pherdy:
dont you just hate when that happens? mad eek mad eek tongue rolleyes frown frown
What the heck is that its like decrease in emotions, increase, decrease, and then it continually decreases. hahaha
Posted By: Jago

Re: DVD costs - 02/04/03 05:28 PM

Hi people!

I'm new on the board. I'm from Germany. I saw The Godfather the first time on TV. Every Friday one Part. Now I just had to buy me the DVD's. They wanted 49,99 EUR from me. I think that's Ok for 5 DVD's. They are new not used.

Jago

Re: DVD costs - 02/04/03 05:59 PM

you won't feel any regret when you buy the Dvd Jago. its obvious in this thread, anyways. . .
Welcome to the Family Mang! wink

GoodFella
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: DVD costs - 02/06/03 02:58 AM

Best Buy usually has the Best buy. ummmm . .. .

Don Michael Ferro
Posted By: Fanucci's Revenge

Re: DVD costs - 02/19/03 09:38 PM

Target had it a few weeks ago for $59 or so...
Posted By: KayVoy

Re: DVD costs - 03/02/03 06:36 PM

I paid $68.99 for it the night before release day
at Wal-Mart in Hampton,Va. It cost around $74.99
if you bought it today. Hurry, you're missing out on the best moives ever released on DVD. wink
Posted By: ShortCake

Re: DVD costs - 03/02/03 08:02 PM

I don't have the Godfather DVD Collection yet,but I want it.The only problem is that where I live it is $95(rounded to $100) for 5 Dvd's.I know that it is a great movie and all but you can get 4 Lord of The rings DVDs for only $30,so why so much more for 1 extra DVD ?
Posted By: BEavis

Re: DVD costs - 03/02/03 10:14 PM

ive seeen it at costco for 59.99
Posted By: ShortCake

Re: DVD costs - 03/02/03 10:17 PM

I've never heard of CostCo.What is that?
Posted By: Double-J

Re: DVD costs - 03/03/03 02:37 AM

Hmm...I bought my DVD set a few months back, 'round Christmas time...

I noticed an advertisement in the Sunday paper at my local Blockbuster for the DVD collection for $74.99 (+ tax of course), and I snatched it up, since most stores around here were selling it for $99 and up. wink
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: DVD costs - 03/30/03 08:13 PM

Originally posted by ShortCake:
I don't have the Godfather DVD Collection yet,but I want it.The only problem is that where I live it is $95(rounded to $100) for 5 Dvd's.I know that it is a great movie and all but you can get 4 Lord of The rings DVDs for only $30,so why so much more for 1 extra DVD ?
That's not really how it works. First of all, the Godfather Trilogy is a far superior film than LotR. Second of all, the GF Trilogy is three movies, while the LotR DVD you are talking about is just one film. Third of all, you can probably find a much better deal than $100 by looking online. You can check eBay and probably score it for $50 or so, or you can go to dvdplanet and get it for about $70. If you really want it, you'll find it. And it's SOOOO worth it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET