Home

the hair...

Posted By: corleone

the hair... - 12/24/01 05:38 AM

the hair style in godfather..the smooth combed back hair, true italian look, but how do they keep it that way, i comb my hair that way and i am wondering what they would use in their hair to keep it nice and neatly combed back, like michael and vince had it. grazie

-tony
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: the hair... - 12/24/01 06:09 AM

Grease...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: the hair... - 12/24/01 06:09 AM

In the spirit of the times: Brylcreem (A Little Dab'll Do Ya).
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 12:43 AM

Try Dax Wax. Your hair would be solid for days.. It's probably one of the strongest hair wax's around and mostly used for mohawks, spikes etc. Its so tough you got to use vasaline and washing powder to wash it off your hands once you've done your hair. smile
Posted By: Sonny

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 12:53 AM

I'd say a mixture of olive oil and lemon ("quite smelly, but effective" [My ex's grandfather])...

Or, if you don't want the smell, you can use only lemon....
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 02:02 PM

I've got another one. A bar dry soap works a charm. Don't wet your hair, wet your hands a little but not too much and rub your hands with the dry soap. Then put it through your hair. Make sure your hands don't get too wet. It needs to be as dry as possible. Your hair smells great but is slightly sticky. Again this is mostly used for spikes and mohawks etc.

Sonny -

I heard lemons brighten your hair too. A weaker version of bleaching it I think. Do you know if thats true?

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Sonny -
I heard lemons brighten your hair too. A weaker version of bleaching it I think. Do you know if thats true?

I can't say I know anything about it mate....but I'll check with some people whom I think would know...I'll get back to you on this...
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 04:51 PM

I know someone who put lemon juice on his hair and when he stayed out in the sun his hair was much more blonde.

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 07:37 PM

Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
...his hair was much more blonde.

Wow, I wonder if that would work with some Kiwi juice (hmmmm....where's my gf's leave-in-conditioner???)

Re: the hair... - 12/26/01 10:10 PM

thanks for the suggestions, post if ya got anymore.

grazie,
-tony
Posted By: t_soprano

Re: the hair... - 12/27/01 03:49 PM

Corleone,
You should try some "Dapper Dan".

Re: the hair... - 12/27/01 04:48 PM

i know what dapper dan is, but i dont know where to get it lol.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: the hair... - 01/02/02 04:57 AM

i've heard that Knox gelatin works well too
(for mohawks and such). tongue
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: the hair... - 01/22/02 01:23 PM

I put a bottle of gel in my hair everyday and add a little olive oil, and it stays that way.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Tony Montana ]

Re: the hair... - 01/22/02 01:36 PM

olive oil? are you telling the truth? what does it do?
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: the hair... - 01/23/02 12:09 AM

When i mix the olive oil with the gel, it helps my hair stay down and back.... It just works..try it.
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: the hair... - 02/20/02 11:58 AM

Originally posted by corleone:
the hair style in godfather..the smooth combed back hair, true italian look, but how do they keep it that way, i comb my hair that way and i am wondering what they would use in their hair to keep it nice and neatly combed back, like michael and vince had it. grazie

-tony
Even though Al Pacino in GF3 had short hair, and not combed back. I heard that he wanted to use long hair for Part III!!!. That I imagine as Jon Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

Cheers
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: the hair... - 06/25/02 04:19 PM

all right here is what i do you wet you hair then comb it back, get some conditioner put it on, then run your closed palms on top of it then use gel(L.A Looks, same as my girlfriend lol )then after your done use some hair spray if it doesn't work straigthen your hair then do it.

Re: the hair... - 06/25/02 04:54 PM

yeah that is what i do. also there is stuff called pomade, it is like dapper dan stuff in o brother where art thou, it is good stuff, i use it from the bran American Crew. try it out. anyone else?
Posted By: Almammater

Re: the hair... - 06/25/02 05:05 PM

How about a ...wig ??? lol lol lol
(just like Little Steven aka Silvio Dante in the Sopranos)

Oh well, just my two cents, fuggedaboutit !
I've just registered today, I gotta play with my new toy ! tongue

Re: the hair... - 06/25/02 05:46 PM

Shit i just got offline and that dried soap works wonders only problem is your hair will be combed back but it won't go as down as gel can put it, and your hair smells really good but i think i used a bit too much. Hence the Strong smell of dried soap and i also have some sudsy stuff on my hair. This could possibly work as dread wax couldn't it Turi? Thanks for the tip .

Re: the hair... - 06/25/02 05:47 PM

what if i mixed that with gel turi?
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Guineapig:
Shit i just got offline and that dried soap works wonders
Make sure you don't use too much soap, or else you're going to end up with a shocking case of dandruff, then slicking your hair back won't be an option because all that will be seen are white specks.

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 06:29 AM

yes i made sure of that Liz but i did it earlier this earlier.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 09:19 AM

I'd stick to gel and wax if I were you! What if you get all that dry soap in your hair and get caught out in the rain.. eek

FH

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 04:28 PM

Good thinking family honor but it's summer around here and i've been in the rain with gel and it's not that pleasant either though imagine it's a lot better then soap, and less embarassing. rolleyes
Posted By: Almammater

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 09:54 PM

Lets's go splitting hairs !

What do you think of Pacino's new haircut ?
Why did they do that to me ???!!!
...and when you think about all the fuss he made not to have a "Nazi haircut" as FFC put it in GF3 !!!

Who wants to be combed like that ?

Almammater cool
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: the hair... - 06/26/02 10:17 PM

No hair problem for me, i'm balled. grin

Brylcream should do the job, maybe shaving foam is a good alternative. If you use this or soap or other srange suggestions i've seen over here, then i'll give you the advise to prayer for nice weather and no rain smile

Re: the hair... - 06/27/02 03:07 AM

well about the rain you won't have to worry about it if you have one of those cool Micheal Corleone hats wink .By the way i got myself some wicked shades that can't be told apart from the ones Micheal had in the GFIII they're so awesome i got them for 9.99 but they're really cool well let's say they were worth more 12yrs ago so i don't i think it was a fair price for them which doesn't really make them cheap. But i'm happy. cool
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: the hair... - 06/27/02 04:54 AM

My mother used to use baby oil on my brother's hair when he was little! smile eek
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: the hair... - 06/29/02 10:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Wash your hair then comb back with a small bit of pomade. Put on a knit ski cap(not too tight)for 1/2 to 1 hour. Remove cap and comb back to fluff to back up. Depending on texture of hair, vary amont of pomade or length of time with cap on. Barber must be aware of the look you want.
BTW is this how I display an image?
Posted By: pinche88

Re: the hair... - 07/18/02 02:18 AM

OK GO OUT BUY DEP1O GET A COMB WITH THINK BRICELS IN IT , THEN WET UR HAIR PUT GEL IN IT , SLICK IT BACK GET HAIR SPRAY ADD IT ON GET THE BLOWDRYER BLODRY 4 5 MIN WHEN U FINISH HAIR SPARY IT AGAIN
Posted By: Calogero

Re: the hair... - 07/22/02 05:53 AM

The best way is to wear a hair net. I suggest only wearing it around your house unless you want people to think you are a vato loco.
Posted By: Ice_Kold_Ace

Re: the hair... - 07/22/02 01:12 PM

I would grow my hair and try combing it like the way Vince had his, but it seems like you need a nice widows peak to make it classy.. (i don't have a widows peak).. but long hair... yes!
Posted By: Blake

Re: the hair... - 07/22/02 05:12 PM

I've got brownish blonde hair so it'll be kinda time consuming but I'm thinking of dying my hai. If I do though I would choose vincents way of doing his hair.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET