Home

On a scale of 1-10

Posted By: DonThomas

On a scale of 1-10 - 10/20/01 02:48 PM

How does the collection rate for you? I haven't got it yet, because I don't have a regular DVD player yet. The thought of watching a 3 hour movie on my computer isn't too good. I know I'll get it soon though.

Is it all that you expected and more? Or could it have been any better?
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/20/01 02:57 PM

11!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/20/01 02:57 PM

The movies haven't changed....it is the features that make this a great collection. Feature Length Audio Commentary tracks bt FFC and the bonus Disc. which talks alot about the filming, storyboards, timelines, still photos and other profiles make this a treat for really diehard fans of the Godfather. Oh don't forget the Corleone Family Tree which also is cool. We have been lucky and this website has been the greatest thing for us. Thanks Don Geoff for YOUR hard work!
Posted By: KayVoy

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/21/01 03:28 AM

I rate it a 10+, the bonus dvd disc was awesome
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/21/01 05:16 AM

Ill give it a good 9.One of the best.
Posted By: Joey Zaza

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/21/01 03:20 PM

I rate it a 7 - wait till they release the Epic - then you're talking!!

What's the use of having xtra footage seperate to the movie? Would it have been so hard to include it?

The behind the scenes were good - but it looks as though they were filmed 7 or 8 years ago. Pacino looks younger than now!!

What about some goofs and stuff ups (bloopers).

I'd fix it if i had my way.
Posted By: enzodabaker

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/28/01 04:56 PM

10. For me it was the most anticipated DVD yet. And i wasnt dissapointed. Its great I watched everything within the first few days of owning it
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 10/28/01 07:14 PM

Definately a 10. My only beef is that it doesn't have the soundtrack, but other than that its perfecto.
Posted By: kingSIFON

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 11/11/01 10:08 AM

only surpased by the Fight Club and Episode I DVDs
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 11/13/01 08:44 PM

it's a 9.9. I've watched it several times over already, which is a huge committment seeing that each of the movies is 3 hours long. I'm just saving my perfect score of 10 just in case something better comes along.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 11/14/01 06:09 AM

I'm with Camillus and Kay on the bonus disc giving the greatest bang for the buck in the DVD set. The interiors of the 3 movies came out very dark on the set I bought. On the other hand, details are what make the GF saga watchable thousands of times, and you see (and hear) more with DVD than with other media, especially if you freeze-frame and/or zoom. I give it 9.
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/03/02 06:36 PM

I Give it a 9.5...Best DVD Release To Date
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/03/02 08:28 PM

I give it a 9, like it a lot but i like the authenticity of the video better.

By the way, KO wha are you always using the bold font???
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/03/02 08:47 PM

It's a 10...It was everything I was hoping for and more. And I think it introduced the trilogy to a lot of people who haven't seen the movies before, and that deserves some credit.
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/04/02 01:36 AM

Originally posted by Don_Michel:
I give it a 9, like it a lot but i like the authenticity of the video better.

By the way, KO wha are you always using the bold font???

i dunno..habit i guess...lots of people have sorta trademarks with there posts though, like sumthin you will remember em by...whether it be, typing there initials at the bottom of tehre posts...using italic or bold fonts, etc...from now on if you see a bold reply...you gun think its me...right? grin ....there ya go wink
Posted By: persiangodfather

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/10/02 04:19 PM

In its own right, it's a 10/10, no question.

However, when you consider how a single film such as the Matrix gets a two-hour documentary, then surely the Godfather films deserve something more than "A Look Inside". Of course, the one-hour-long "A Look Inside" is a very good documentary, but there is easily enough material for a major three hour documentary, catered for padrinophiles. Bear in mind that A Look Inside wasn't even retrospective completely - it was made before Part III came out.

That's my major gripe; with a bit of luck, when the Godfather Trilogy: 1901-1980, complete with all deleted scenes reinstated, is released, it'll be accompanied by the godfather (pun intended) of all film documentaries. And shooting scripts wouldn't go amiss. Something like the feature on Taxi Driver, where you can cut from a scene in the film to the script, and vice versa.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/19/02 04:43 PM

I give it a 10, bonus disc was great i really enjoyed it.
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/19/02 07:51 PM

10, definately my favorite in my collection
Posted By: Fredo Wissing

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/25/02 09:34 PM

I also give it a 10. The easter eggs on the bonus disk drove it past 9.3 for me IMHO!

I also enjoy the menu loop clips on each movie. I think they are significant scenes from the movie.

- Fredo
Posted By: Don Lagrassa

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/28/02 09:46 PM

Have to say a 10. Its one of the only reasons to get a DVD player these days...well...besides the First and Second Seasons of The Sopranos. The bonus disk rates an 8 by itself.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 01/30/02 04:32 AM

ill give it a perfect 10! this is the best movie of all time! nothing personal purely business.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 02/15/02 06:51 AM

I would rate is a a perfect 10. Not only do you have the best trilogy of all time, you likewise get a bonus disk that has loads of features (wish the Actors/Actresses profiles were more updated). The commentary of Francis C. was interesting (on each film). You will keep on playing it once you get a hold of it.
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 02/15/02 12:39 PM

I'll give a 9. Just because the deleted scenes are separated from the film. And also there are several scenes that doesn't even appear with the deleted ones.

Cheers
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 02/16/02 03:17 AM

Good point. I wish future DVD's would include the deleted ones (or at least have an option to include it in the film).
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 02/24/02 10:43 PM

I'd give it a 9.5 mainly because of the Bonus Disc but also because of the superior sound and picture quality of the three films.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: On a scale of 1-10 - 02/24/02 10:58 PM

I guess what really shows how good it is- how many people are willing to pay the set's price to even buy it. Even after it was made so many years before. Remembering that the moives themselves are the same. Just the bonus disc and the format is new.I myself think that the director comments are well worth the price for a die hard fan like myself.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET