Home

I saw Fredo at the funeral

Posted By: KayVoy

I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/15/01 03:10 PM

You know how everyone was saying Fredo was not at The Don's funeral, well I saw him on
the bonus DVD behind the sceen. He was on the front row at the opposite end of Michael and Tom. You have to look very fast because
it is a quick shot, but he was there. Thought you guys just might want to know that info. eek wink
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/15/01 03:28 PM

Bonasera's also at the funeral--you see him, with that old-fashioned collar, near a huge floral display toward the beginning of the scene. A final service to his Don.

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/15/01 04:29 PM

I saw Bonasera saying goodbye to The Don. But
you should put on GF1 and look at the sceen
of Connies wedding right before Mama Corleone
starts to sing. Bonasera looks like he wants
to be anywhere but here. The expression on
his face is priceless. eek tongue

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: KayVoy ]
Posted By: Tommy Gun

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/31/01 08:45 PM

I saw him too, and was able to slow the film down to confirm that it was indeed him at the opposite end of Mike and Tom. One mystery solved. Now if we could only confirm who killed those guys at the Tahoe compound in GFII...
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/31/01 10:14 PM

What was Bonasera thinking anyway? He wanted favors from Vito, but he don't want to pay them back in return.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/31/01 11:16 PM

If you look closely at the scene where everyone is getting out of the cars at the Don's funeral, you will see the old man Nazorine ( the baker's father ) getting out of a car. He was the old man who sung with Mama Corleone at the wedding.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 10/31/01 11:48 PM

You mean the bloke who looks 'consideribly' like Don Stachi...

noledge
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 12:42 AM

you must have the best eyes..I went frame by frame and didn't see him....any body else see Fredo on the end on the front row?
Posted By: Oblong

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 02:56 PM

I saw a guy that could be Fredo. I can't say for sure that it was him (or John Cazale) but yes, I saw a guy that looked an awful lot like Cazale. It was too far away to be sure.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 03:37 PM

Originally posted by deathkiss:
What was Bonasera thinking anyway? He wanted favors from Vito, but he don't want to pay them back in return.

I get the feeling from that first meeting that Bonasera had always kept his distance from the Don, despite the friendship between their wives. He considered himself an honest citizen & probably just didn't want to get mixed up with a mob family. His daughter being attacked & beaten was one of the few things that would've prompted his request for 'justice' from Don Corleone. Even then, his reluctance was evident because he dreaded the thought of one day (and that day may never come) being asked to return the favor.
ohwell
Maybe that's why he looks so uncomfortable at the wedding.

Apple

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 03:48 PM

Maybe he thought it involved something dangerous.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 03:57 PM

Well he did....which is why I like that deleted scene where he's talking to his wife while getting dressed to meet The Don.
Apple
Posted By: Don Andolini

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/01/01 04:01 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:

I get the feeling from that first meeting that Bonasera had always kept his distance from the Don, despite the friendship between their wives. He considered himself an honest citizen & probably just didn't want to get mixed up with a mob family.

That's absolutely right. Bonasera's attitude towards Don Vito is explained in much more detail at the beginning of the novel.
Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/02/01 12:44 AM

you must have the best eyes..I went frame by frame and didn't see him....any body else see Fredo on the end on the front row?

I also went through it frame by frame last night, and still couldn't see Fredo...

There are no long shots of him, and the only bit which could be him is when we see a shot from Tom to Connie and there may just be someone to her left, but that could easily be Clemenza...

I'm still very sure that Fredo wasn't at the funeral...

noledge
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/02/01 06:11 AM

The old guy getting out of the Cad limo at Vito's burial was indeed the old guy who sang at Connie's wedding. But he wasn't Nazorine. Nazorine was on the bandstand whooping it up when Mama sang, but he didn't sing. A nice, authentic FFC touch: Notice that the old guy, when he sings, keeps his glasses in the outside breast pocket of his suit coat--exactly where an old person would put them because he doesn't want to forget where else he might have put them.

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/02/01 01:21 PM

In the first row on the far left (viewer's right facing the row) there is a guy who looks like or could be John Cazale.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/02/01 02:50 PM

Speaking of John Cazale, he was pretty tall in Dog Day Afternoon. Talk about growth spurt!
Posted By: marlon orange

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/04/01 09:34 PM

saw gf1 in a theater in nyc on wed night....FOR FREE....loews was opening a new theater and gave out passes to some semi-new movies and some classics....anyway, i couldn't find fredo at the funeral at all, and i was doing my best to find him

also, i think the old man who sings at the wedding is nazorine the elder, and the man who meets with the don is his son....it always seemed that way to me by the way mama corleone invites him to sing....

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: marlon orange ]

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: marlon orange ]

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/04/01 11:31 PM

Okay you guys, I had to put on disc 5 and play it
again so that I could give you exact info. On disc
5 Behind the Sceen page 2, click on The Godfather
behind the sceens 1971. Fast forward to the part were Mama Corleone is speaking about Marlon Brando's excellent acting ability in the role of
Don Corleone. The Don is dead and at the funeral
you will see a lady throw a red rose on the casket
and if you look closely there sits John Gazale
aka Fredo. Next to him is Connie, then his mother,Michael and Tom. His twin nieces are setting directly behind him,now I don't know how can make this any plainer. Check it out, happy looking. lol orange smile
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: I saw Fredo at the funeral - 11/05/01 12:31 AM

Ah, you are a sly one....Yes, I see him now. But it is in a shot that was not show in the film. You are a clever one. One to be watched. One with a trick up her sleeve. I for one will be watching you.... lol grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET