Home

Part II Cool Picture

Posted By: Debz

Part II Cool Picture - 02/26/05 12:23 AM

[Linked Image]

Found this picture of Pacino and DeNiro on the set of Godfather Part II and thought it was cool becuase DeNiro plays Pacino's father smile I remember seeing it on the Dvd Bonus Disk.
Posted By: Fame

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/26/05 01:53 AM

Yes,that pic is a collector's item.
Sadly,the only other time we see them together is in "Heat"...2 scenes.

There is nothing more I want than to see these 2 giants playing in the same movie again...this time with more scenes together,but I fear that will never happen frown

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 06:14 PM

Aw I know it would be great for them to team up in a new movie. They are 2 of the greatest actors ever!
Posted By: Blake

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 06:22 PM

Sorry to ruin your fun about that picture but it is edited to make Pacino stand behin DeNiro.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 06:26 PM

No way!! eek darn it!!
Posted By: Fame

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 06:35 PM

But will they put a fake pic in the DVD box ? confused
Posted By: Lollie

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 07:51 PM

I know I'm probably taking my life in my hands by saying this, but if there were to be a movie made with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro, DeNiro would blow Pacino away. Pacino has lost something over the years. I haven't seen him in anything decent since he did Scarface. Now honestly, I haven't seen Carlito's Way, Glengarry Glen Ross, Scent of a Woman, or Donny Brasco, but I doubt very much if he was any better in the rest of his movies than he was in Sea of Love, which I thought was a total bomb. I'll have to rent Donnie Brasco because he plays a guy with the last name of Ruggiero, and that was my grandfather's family name.

Also, given what they did to GFIII, I doubt if they did a movie with Pacino and DeNiro would be much better. They try too hard with their stories, and the stories wind up bombing like a super hydrogen bomb going off! I don't know what's happened to Pacino, but instead of getting better with age, he's gotten worse---that's again just my opinion. Maybe I just haven't seen any of his work except for just the few. Was he good in Any Given Sunday? What about Heat, Devil's Advocate, and the Insider? Those would have interested me. I thought Sea of Love was horrible. Pacino was a mess, first of all--he looked like he'd just gotten off a major bender and hadn't even washed his face yet. Secondly, the storyline was so contrived, I could have easily slept through it. (I couldn't be that rude to my date after he paid for it!) Did you ever see the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine had to go with her boss (the catalog guy) to see "The English Patient" and how she was acting like a bored kid through it? Well, that's exactly how I felt watching Sea of Love. Quite honestly, Sea of Love was such a disappointment and such a bomb, that I decided not to go see Scent of a Woman, even though it was getting rave reviews. And, didn't it win an Oscar? See, that's how turned off I get when an actor or actress makes a complete ass of themself and thinks that their fans are going to love them no matter what kind of slop they try to feed them. Wasn't he in Gigli, too? Talk about reaching in desperation!

Well, anyway, that is my 2 cents worth!

~~ Lollie
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/27/05 10:30 PM

Originally posted by Lollie:
I know I'm probably taking my life in my hands by saying this, but if there were to be a movie made with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro, DeNiro would blow Pacino away. Pacino has lost something over the years. I haven't seen him in anything decent since he did Scarface. Now honestly, I haven't seen Scent of a Woman,
~~ Lollie
[Linked Image]

And when they ask " What happened to Lollie, they'll reply " She made an Infamia about Pacino and now she [Linked Image]

wink

Seriously though, I feel the exact opposite than you about Pacino and DeNiro. I love DeNiro but I think that over the past couple of years he's become a very one dimensional actor. But before you claim that Pacino has not done anything worthwhile since Scarface, make sure you rent Scent Of A Woman and then come back and tell me what you think. You better hope that Lavinia doesn't read your post! eek

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: svsg

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 05:14 AM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
But before you claim that Pacino has not done anything worthwhile since Scarface, make sure you rent Scent Of A Woman and then come back and tell me what you think.
IMHO, Pacino's acting in Scent Of A Woman was over the top.It is ironical that he won an oscar for that and not for GF or GF2 ohwell frown
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 05:40 AM

Scent Of A Woman is a terrific movie. Please rent it and you will change your mind about Al.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 05:51 AM

Don't shoot but DeNiro is kind of annoying in his character he always plays lately. Pacino is a god.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 10:01 AM

Yeah, I sort of figured I'd be "sleeping with the fishes" over this last post! LOL! Well, like I said, I really haven't seen anything recently to make a sweeping judgement like that. How was he in Donny Brasco? My sister told me years ago that she saw Pacino do a one-man sfage act that she thought was just phenominal, so I knew that I was going into this discussion a lettle less informed. Ok, so you think I should rent Scent of a Woman? First, let me say that I am not into sappy, tear-jerker movies like most women are. I prefer the type of movies that men like: action, horror, crime stuff, you know?

I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

Ciao, bamino
Posted By: svsg

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 10:22 AM

Yeah, I sort of figured I'd be "sleeping with the fishes" over this last post! LOL! Well, like I said, I really haven't seen anything recently to make a sweeping judgement like that. How was he in Donny Brasco? My sister told me years ago that she saw Pacino do a one-man sfage act that she thought was just phenominal, so I knew that I was going into this discussion a lettle less informed. Ok, so you think I should rent Scent of a Woman? First, let me say that I am not into sappy, tear-jerker movies like most women are. I prefer the type of movies that men like: action, horror, crime stuff, you know?

I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

Ciao, bamino
The genre is drama, not a tear-jerker though. If not for Pacino, you would not have heard of this movie at all. The story is pretty straight-forward and Pacino occupies a lot of the screen time.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 10:27 AM

let me say that I am not into sappy, tear-jerker movies like most women are. I prefer the type of movies that men like: action, horror, crime stuff, you know?
So do I - does it make me a man? And who said "Women like this and that"? What, all of them the same? Maybe he was a man, who said it? Very likely, considering the perfection of logic. lol Joke, guys! grin
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 02:42 PM

Although, I love both Pacino and DeNiro, Pacino is my definite favorite.

However, I think both have gone downhill (for lack of a better term)in the movies they have made. DeNiro is making too many comedies and seems to be just taking any script, as does Pacino. I honestly prefer, with a couple exceptions, their earlier movies than the more recent ones. ohwell While I liked Scent of a Woman, I really prefer Sea of Love.

I don't think it's that either have lost their talent, I think perhaps they are both comfortable in the careers and are trying "different" types of roles. Let's face it, they both "made it" to the top, so maybe now is the time to try something different. ohwell

I would love to see another "top notch" drama from both of them.

TIS

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 02/28/05 07:15 PM

I've really just started to take an interest in Pacino and DeNiro's movies and I love them both and they are both brilliant actors. I like Pacino alot in scent of a woman and i think he plays the part very very well and I loved the movie its great definatly watch it!! He was also really good in Donnie Brasco and I really enjoyed watching his performance in it aswell smile Has anyone one seen Showtime btw?? I really liked that movie lol I though DeNiro and Eddie Murphy made a good team lol anyone else think so??
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/01/05 03:26 AM

Originally posted by Blake Peters:
Sorry to ruin your fun about that picture but it is edited to make Pacino stand behin DeNiro.
Sorry to ruin your fun but its not. It was taken on set one day when they were both there between takes. orange
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 12:09 AM

No matter, it's a great pic.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 01:06 AM

I really liked heat and I think Pacino was better in it than DeNiro, though he was also great. I think DeNiro has made too many bad movies, taking everything he's offered. Pacino has taken an increased number of roles but he's been great in them. The reason they havn't been great is because the recent ones werent made for him unlike Scarface,Carlitos way and Heat.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 01:21 AM

I think they've both done a lot of movies wherein they weren't really required to act. DeNiro is the bigger offernder here with all these stupid comedies he's been in lately.

This is not to say they aren't still great actors, they definatly are, just not challenging themselves.

I guess I'm responding more to Russell Crowe than anything else.

/rant
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 01:30 AM

Actually Pacino does a lot of off-broadway live acting and is very into Shakespearian themed plays.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Tom

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 01:37 AM

O yea I forgot about the plays he's done, well for that I'd say he's the better actor. De Niro is turning into a Jude Law, or is it Jude Law whos turning into a De Niro? lol
Regarding the picture, did they even meet on the set? They seem like they wouldnt like eachother.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 03:12 AM

Actually Pacino does a lot of off-broadway live acting and is very into Shakespearian themed plays.

Don Cardi cool
Yeah, I really want to see his movie version of Merchant of Venice, but it doesn't seem to be playing anywhere. I think he'd make a great Shylock, hopefully it will open locally at some point.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 04:08 AM

I loved Deniro in Meet The Parents & The Fockers.
Awhile back I seen MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch with Pacino and Deniro in it. And they had Brando as the ref. And If I remember right Deniro won.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 04:19 AM

Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
[b] Sorry to ruin your fun about that picture but it is edited to make Pacino stand behin DeNiro.
Sorry to ruin your fun but its not. It was taken on set one day when they were both there between takes. orange [/b]
According to the bonus disk it's fake. They were never even near each other during filming.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/02/05 09:37 AM

Do any video recordings of his thetrical performances exist in nature? confused
Posted By: CommonMafiaHood

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/03/05 03:41 AM

Pacino may not have too many good roles anymore, but he is one of the greatest actors who is very smart. Just look at him at the academy awards. he has gained so much knowledge

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/03/05 04:54 AM

Afs! You are teasing me. I saw short official tv version and the whole Lumet tribute was cut off from it! mad What a shame! How could they do it! [Linked Image] I'm dying from disappointment! mad
So if you saw it - tell me what did he say so smart? How did he behave? HOW WAS IT?
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/07/05 06:08 PM

Lollie, lollie, how can you have such disrespect?

I just saw Pacino in Merchant of Venice, and he was brilliant. What does DeNiro have to show for himself? "Meet the Fockers," and "Analyze That."
Thr truth is DeNiro has squandered his considerable talent on some pretty awful comedies lately, while Pacino continues to work in small off Broadway productions, and continues to work and teach at the Actors Studio. Presently he is trying to put together a performance of Oedipus Rex. Yes, Pacino, like DeNiro is entitled to use his celebrity to get a bog paycheck like he did in Devil's Advocate. But there is no way Ne Niro would blow Pacino away in anything in which both of them were taking their roles seriously.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/07/05 09:40 PM

Where can I get it?

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/08/05 02:53 AM

It seems that everyone has a right to their opinion! I still prefer DeNiro over Pacino. I guess it's just my preference. I guess part of it is because of GFII. He was so darn sexy in it! And, of course, his brilliant acting was perfection.

You know, some of the best actors wind up in some of the goofiest movies. One actor whom I've always admired since I first saw him back in the early 80's is Anthony Hopkins. He had so many brilliantly acted parts, and many goofy parts! I don't see where the goofy parts takes one iota away from their being some of the finest actors in film or theatre.

Oh well!

~~ Lollie ohwell
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/08/05 12:22 PM

You better hope that Lavinia doesn't read your post!
I've just read it.
[Linked Image]

lol lol lol

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/08/05 04:19 PM

Point taken Lollie....look at some of the bombs Brando was in.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/08/05 04:21 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
Point taken Lollie....look at some of the bombs Brando was in.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/08/05 07:33 PM

Originally posted by CommonMafiaHood:
Just look at him at the academy awards. he has gained so much knowledge
A little presrnt to Lavinia and Afs, in honour of my B/Day [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Drooling, huh, Gals?

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 09:05 AM

Originally posted by JustMe:
Drooling, huh, Gals?
Is there an emoticon for DROOLING? lol

Anyway, YES! smile Al was cool like hell at the Oscars. I like him with the beard! SLURP! Emoticon? grin

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 01:55 PM

I didn't get to see that part of the Oscars with Al. Hey Just Me do you have another pic of Al from that night with the front of his face and not just the side? Good pic though wink

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 02:41 PM

How about this one?
[Linked Image]
Or this?
[Linked Image]
I found you Als with front and back!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 03:06 PM

Originally posted by JustMe:
How about this one?
they are both cool, but I'll go with this one
[Linked Image]

It fits more to my drooling face!!!! grin

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 03:30 PM

Then you've got one more!
[Linked Image]

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/09/05 08:05 PM

The server this smiley was from, actually a pirate resource grin , has temporary problems today, so here's the fixed version for it:
[Linked Image]

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/13/05 04:19 PM

lol yeah...and in this pic aswell [Linked Image]

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/13/05 05:59 PM

Originally posted by Debz:
[QB] lol yeah...and in this pic aswell
Yeah, I like it too. And by the way, he's 62 here! (It is said in the article.) What does he do to look so young!

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/14/05 07:00 PM

Omg! 62! That's mental! Wonder what anti-wrinkle cream he must use!! eek

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/14/05 07:14 PM

Omg! 62! That's mental! Wonder what anti-wrinkle cream he must use!! eek
I think it must be not quite a cream, rather a good, very good plastic surgery... (No disrespect to the feelings of our Al-lovers intended! [Linked Image] )

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/14/05 07:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Lol...yeh u better hide! lol

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/15/05 04:42 AM

lol yeah...and in this pic aswell [Linked Image]
When did this issue come out? He looks alot older in those oscar pic's then that issue pic.

Re: Part II Cool Picture - 03/15/05 06:06 AM

January 26, 2003 .
He looked very differently in some years, dunno why.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET