Home

Just a quick, easy question...

Posted By: Sheeno

Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 05:07 AM

I am looking for the title of the famous song that is in the first movie. The italian-opera song, that has been used again and again in spoofs of the movie. It's not included in the soundtrack, and I was really wanting to know the title of it. Hopefully you superfans should know what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 05:15 AM

are you talkin about the opening theme to the godfather?

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 05:27 AM

No I mean the opera with the italian guy singing his heart out, it's spoofed when people are doing drive by's, or more recently a commercial where this guy gets attacked by snowballs...it might be during the Christening scene?
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 06:43 AM

Originally posted by Sheeno:
No I mean the opera with the italian guy singing his heart out, it's spoofed when people are doing drive by's, or more recently a commercial where this guy gets attacked by snowballs...it might be during the Christening scene?
Well, the Opera-one is Cavalleria Rusticana (also used in Raging Bull). But it's not the one during the christening.

The one used in the christening would be the Baptism # 11 in this CD: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...7/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/103-5478714-48558 32

If you mean anything else, I have no idea.
PS: when is anyone attacked by snow balls?
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 08:01 AM

you say the song was in the 1st one, but i dont remember their being an opera song in the 1st one were a guy sings his heart out, i beleive u mean the 3rd one.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 07:15 PM

classic music used in the first Godfather:

Le Nozze di Figaro [Cherubino's Aria "Non so più"
from Act I, Scene V]- Mozart

Baptism Sequence - Bach

Narbucco - Verdi

###

Cavalleria Rusticana from Pietro Mascagni is only in GFIII
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 07:17 PM

Originally posted by Sheeno:
I am looking for the title of the famous song that is in the first movie. The italian-opera song, that has been used again and again in spoofs of the movie.
it's not in The Godfather films, but I think you mean "Largo al factotum" from 'Il Barbiere Di Siviglia' (The Barber of Seville), written by Gioacchino Rossini
Posted By: tripwire

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/14/03 10:41 PM

What you are looking for, Sheeno, is "Vesti La Giubba" from "Pagliacci" by Ruggiero Leoncavallo.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/15/03 05:50 AM

Originally posted by Pherdy:
classic music used in the first Godfather:

Le Nozze di Figaro [Cherubino's Aria "Non so più"
from Act I, Scene V]- Mozart

Baptism Sequence - Bach

Narbucco - Verdi

###

Cavalleria Rusticana from Pietro Mascagni is only in GFIII
At Michael and Apollonia's wedding, the band briefly plays the "Brindisi" ("Libiamo ne liete calici") from Verdi's "La Traviata."

Re: Just a quick, easy question... - 12/15/03 08:53 PM

Originally posted by tripwire:
What you are looking for, Sheeno, is "Vesti La Giubba" from "Pagliacci" by Ruggiero Leoncavallo.
Thank you very much. That is the one I was looking for.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET