Home

Funniest GF scene

Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 09:28 AM

For me it is in GF1, when Michael is hiding in Sicily and falls in love with Apollonia. The funniest scene for me is when we see Michael and Apollonia going for a stroll (we see them from behind), followed by a lot of Apollonia's relatives and a couple of men with a "lupara". That was Apollonia's security! smile Absolutely funny and very apt, in that given environment. grin
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 10:13 AM

Really, you know, this part of the story is very funny, and still more so in the book. Puso describes all these Sicilian things about heir marriage with such unimitable irony! I was rolling with laughter reading that. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 10:22 AM

For me it's the scene with Roberto the landlord in Part 2. Especially when he visits Vito, and can't get the door open.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 08:13 PM

Every scene with Pentangeli at the first communion party.

"He's got me waiting in a lobby!" lol
Posted By: Debra

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 08:21 PM

GF1-after Micahel tells his little plan to kill Sollozo and McClusky and then they all start to laugh...Priceless! grin
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 10:01 PM

In Gf3 where Michael tells Mary that you cant love your Cousin,and then Mary runs off in a state that always makes me laugh smile
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/28/05 11:42 PM

Originally posted by Debra:
GF1-after Micahel tells his little plan to kill Sollozo and McClusky and then they all start to laugh...Priceless! grin
Hilarious scene. lol
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Freddie C.:

"Pop goes the Weasel!" lol
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 01:57 PM

Didn't he say "He's got me waiting in a line!"?
Posted By: Pax Soprana

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
[b] Every scene with Pentangeli at the first communion party.

Didn't he say "He's got me waiting in a line!"? [/b]
No it was a lobby

Ilike this scene tooespecially when Pentangeli mistakes canapees for can of peas lol

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 05:56 PM

Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
[b] Every scene with Pentangeli at the first communion party.

Didn't he say "He's got me waiting in a line!"? [/b]
That was said by Connie - "Where's Michael? I've got to to talk to him, and get a few things straight, and I can't wait on line."
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 07:14 PM

I like the Signor Roberto scene, especially when he says "You watch yourself, or I'll kick your Sicilian ass out on the streets," and Vito just gives him that "Pleeeeeeeeeease, you?!" look, and says "Ask around about me." And also the following scene with Signor Roberto, not being able to open the door. lol
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/29/05 08:15 PM

Originally posted by Don Schulini:
For me it's the scene with Roberto the landlord in Part 2. Especially when he visits Vito, and can't get the door open.
I love this scene! All three of them, Vito & Genco & Roberto, have such funny facial expressions and actions. I just adore the looks that DeNiro makes as Roberto just makes a complete fool of himself (I think he makes the true "DeNiro faces" that I love about him to this day in this particular scene), and Genco grinning back at Bobby is just so cute! And when Roberto finally tries to leave and struggles with the door, I'm just cracking up! lol

I also love Frankie's scenes, and the "They got me waitin' in a lobby!" is so funny. I like imitating it, too. orange I also like his "Fredo! Fredo, you SOB, you look great!"
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/30/05 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
For me it is in GF1, when Michael is hiding in Sicily and falls in love with Apollonia. The funniest scene for me is when we see Michael and Apollonia going for a stroll (we see them from behind), followed by a lot of Apollonia's relatives and a couple of men with a "lupara". That was Apollonia's security! smile Absolutely funny and very apt, in that given environment. grin
This is not really funny but the last time I watched this scene did ya noticed that she stumbles when she is walking and Mike reaches out to help her.

I think it is funny when Mike slams the door on Kay. Cuz I just don't like her.

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 07:52 AM

Originally posted by Mignon:
but the last time I watched this scene did ya noticed that she stumbles when she is walking and Mike reaches out to help her.[/QB]
Yeah!!!! smile And Michael dares touching her arm!!!! grin grin

Originally posted by Mignon:I think it is funny when Mike slams the door on Kay. Cuz I just don't like her. [/QB]
I agree. I don't like Kay either. She was not the ideal wife for Michael, I mean. But we have to admit living in the Corleone family is not an easy task, especially if you come from a totally different background and have nothing to do with that sort of business.

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 09:49 AM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
Originally posted by Mignon:
but the last time I watched this scene did ya noticed that she stumbles when she is walking and Mike reaches out to help her.
Yeah!!!! smile And Michael dares touching her arm!!!! grin grin [/QB]
The book hints that she did it on purpose grin To great amusement of her mother. grin

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 10:20 AM

Originally posted by JustMe:
The book hints that she did it on purpose grin [/QB]
Of course she did it on purpose!!! smile Wouldn't you have done it yourself?????? lol I would have directly collapsed to the ground --- but I must admit I tend to overact, sometime! wink
Posted By: SC

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 11:33 AM

Originally posted by JustMe:
The book hints that she did it on purpose
You're saying that Appolonia "fell" for Mike? lol
Posted By: SC

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 11:44 AM

I'll join those saying Signor Roberto's scene is the funniest, but I'll add two more:

Young Clemenza and Vito walking down the street with the stolen rug always cracks me up.

Mike telling Johnny Fontaine (in Part III) that he's going into the kitchen to listen to some Tony Bennett records.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Funniest GF scene - 01/31/05 02:58 PM

I love the "carpet" scene too. And the music (New Carpet) is so fitting. smile Young Clemenza was a comical character. He acts like he knows the owners of the house, looking to see if they left a key, all for "show". ha ha!! He was so obvious, yet amusing. wink

TIS
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/01/05 12:43 AM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I love the "carpet" scene too. And the music (New Carpet) is so fitting. smile
Before I read your post, I was going to say the exact thing in response to SC!
Posted By: Debra

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/01/05 12:03 PM

There's the scene in GF2 where they eat outside around the big table,and then a very young Sonny starts to punch Don Tommasino,and he tells him "Sonny,what are you doin?"
I always find that funny that sonny was already like that since he was a little boy.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/01/05 08:28 PM

I think the funniest scene is from the deleted Genco deathbed scene. When Vito is leaving with his sons to go to the hospital, he asks Michael about his girlfriend. After Mike answers him, Vito rolls his eyes and almost laughs. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but to me it's funny.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/01/05 08:50 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned when Vito mocked Johnny. "What can I do, what can I do?" Even Hagen chuckles at this.

I always laugh when Clemenza mocks Mike with: "Why don't you tell that nice girl that you love her. I love you with all of my-a heart. If I don't-a see you-a soon, I'm-a gonna die."
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/01/05 09:00 PM

Originally posted by goombah:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned when Vito mocked Johnny. "What can I do, what can I do?" Even Hagen chuckles at this.

When Brando smacks him in the face, it's hilarious. I don't think Martino knew it was coming.
Posted By: CommonMafiaHood

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/02/05 11:02 PM

I dont remember exactly what was going on, but in GF2 fredo walks into the hotel in cuba. One of the workers tries to take his luggage, and he tries to get the back. They struggle for a few seconds. Fredo . . . absolutly hillarious.
Posted By: Brasibadboy2004

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/04/05 05:15 AM

I've always thought the conversation that the bigshot movie producer has with Hagen as Hagen is leaving the studio was hysterical.

"You listen to me you smooth talking sunuvabitch! Johnny Fontaine will not be in that picture! I dont care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork!"

"I'm German-Irish."

"Well let me tell you something my Kraut mic friend...."

I always thought this little exchange of dialog was hilarious because it perfectly encapsulates the absurdity and idiocy of racism / ethnocentrism. It's almost as if the movie producer has a little "racial slur cheat sheet" that he carries with him, and upon discovering that Hagen wasn't Italian, he just flipped to the page that addresses the German-Irish combo. It's so engrained in his attitude and his speech that just from that small exchange, it's almost unthinkable that this guy could lose his temper at someone and *not* unleash a string of slurs. This pathetic quality about the movie producer is hilarious.

I dunno...maybe it's just me. I've always laughed pretty hard at that scene.
Posted By: Donfanucci

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/06/05 10:14 PM

I always love the scene where singor Roberto couldnt open the door then when he comes in and talks a mile a minute.
Posted By: MrGreene

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/07/05 07:38 PM

Michael with Apollonia in the car telling her that is safer to teach her english.
Apollonia replies she already speaks english: "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday" rolleyes

She was sweet!

Regards.
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/09/05 04:02 PM

My favorite in in Godfather II when Frank Pentangeli is complaining that no one in the band knows how to play the Tarantella. After his complaining (maybe because the old man had too much wine), the band breaks out into Pop Goes the Weasel, which leads to Pentangeli's humorous frustration. lol
Posted By: AlNeri

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/11/05 03:42 PM

"YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!" *clap* "what's the matter with you? Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood
finocchio that cries like a woman? what can i do, what can i do?" lol
Posted By: Lauren8

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/12/05 12:29 AM

The very end of GFII...when Michael announces that he joined the Marines, and Fredo says "that's swell." haha. Also, you can hear Sonny's twins in the background, "Mama, Daddy's fighting again!"
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/12/05 02:19 AM

^^^^^"Uncle Miiichael mama." lol
A favorite of mine is when Fredo asks to see Mike at the funeral. The exchange between him and Tom is great.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/13/05 01:59 AM

One of my favorite funny scenes is when fredo is killed in the boat, I just laugh so hard because he didn't even see it coming, like why would else would neri or whoever wunna go fishing with him.
Posted By: Lauren8

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/13/05 03:47 AM

Aw, I think that's a sad scene *tear*

I think the funniest death scene is "Hello, Carlo." I guess I always laugh with glee because he actually thought he was going to live lol

Re: Funniest GF scene - 02/13/05 09:24 AM

Actually, one of the funniest scenes is at the wedding, when Johnny sings and the crowd of girls is shrieking at him. It is a great observation of Coppola - they look such complete idiots! lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET