GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jace), 113 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,279
Posts1,057,746
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chinatown crime boss sentenced #725878
07/12/13 11:21 AM
07/12/13 11:21 AM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Accused Chinatown crime boss sentenced on prostitution, drug-trafficking charges
Posted by Jeremy C. Fox July 11, 2013 10:34 AM

By Jeremy C. Fox, Town Correspondent

An accused Chinatown crime boss has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for his admitted involvement in criminal activity that included prostitution, drug trafficking, and money laundering, US Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz announced.

Cambridge resident Wei Xing Chen, 52, pleaded guilty in April to conspiring to induce travel for the purpose of prostitution; money-laundering; conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA, and benzylpiperazine, or BZP — both also called ecstasy; and possession with intent to distribute BZP, the US Attorney said in a statement.

Chen was sentenced by US District Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton on Tuesday to 70 months in prison and two subsequent years of supervised release, a $1,000 fine, and forfeiture of his Mercedes and $8,000 in cash, Ortiz said.

“The United States government is determined to stop the movement of women across state lines for prostitution,” Ortiz said in the statement. “The brothel business is a blight on our communities and harmful to the women employed there and must stop. I encourage any other victims to come forward.”

A co-defendant in the case, Xiahong Xue, pleaded guilty last November to involvement in the prostitution ring and was sentenced to two years of probation, which included six months of home detention, Ortiz said.

Chen and Xue were among 26 people indicted in 2011 after a long-term FBI investigation of organized crime in Chinatown that resulted in the seizure of 13 guns, $340,000, about 13,000 suspected oxycodone pills, and “extensive evidence’’ of illegal gambling and prostitution, FBI agent Thomas Conboy said in a sworn statement released in July 2011.

Ortiz said Chen — who also allegedly used the names Ah-Hung, Lo Biu, and Lo Gai — worked with his co-conspirators between January 2009 and June 2011 to draw women, most of them Asian, to Massachusetts to work as prostitutes in brothels in Cambridge and Allston.

Chen and his co-conspirators arranged the women’s travel from New York and other locations to the Bay State, where most arrived at Logan Airport or South Station and were then taken to the brothels, Ortiz said.

Ortiz said Chen also told his criminal associates to place newspaper advertisements offering prostitution and other services and conspired to launder $100,000 collected from the brothels by hiding the money in a safe deposit box.

Chen also conspired to sell ecstasy in New York and Massachusetts, Ortiz said, and was part of a group that sold about 2,400 pills to an FBI cooperating witness in September 2008.

Chen’s attorney could not immediately be reached for comment. http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/down...tion_drug-.html

Re: Chinatown crime boss sentenced [Re: Scorsese] #726175
07/13/13 01:31 PM
07/13/13 01:31 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
I wonder if he was on the same case as a friend of mine who also got picked and got like 7 years which is like 84 months but been in 27 months when i was there so he got 40 something left but his name was ming louel real good dude .. I knew him from the streets doing business but really became good friends with him in there. Ming pleaded out to extortion and loansharking not the drugs and prostitution. Ming was the head of his indictment and raised a john guy, I dont know his name but taught him chinese and practically raised the dude. But ming did fed time already he did 10 years in the early 90 and owns various businesses and his most successful one is on beach st. Very good man wonder if this is the same case

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull