GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 117 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Italian-American Mafia culture #749313
11/20/13 03:58 PM
11/20/13 03:58 PM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
What's the point of making Italians only in the American mafia since its not revolved around Italian culture? There just Americans of Italian descent not that many know a thing about Italian culture such as the Language, Family History and so on.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749319
11/20/13 04:33 PM
11/20/13 04:33 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
I guess tradition, mainly.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749327
11/20/13 05:00 PM
11/20/13 05:00 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
the day they start opening up the books for non italians is the beginning of the end.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749330
11/20/13 05:12 PM
11/20/13 05:12 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Tradition Tradition Tradition.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: Dellacroce] #749331
11/20/13 05:13 PM
11/20/13 05:13 PM
N
NightOwl Offline
BANNED
NightOwl  Offline
BANNED
N
Button
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
the day they start opening up the books for non italians is the beginning of the end.

Every ethnicity has there own mob and rackets. Over the years Italians have no choice but too work with minorities in order to boost revenue.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: NightOwl] #749332
11/20/13 05:18 PM
11/20/13 05:18 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: NightOwl

Every ethnicity has there own mob and rackets. Over the years Italians have no choice but too work with minorities in order to boost revenue.

ofcourse they work with other ethnicitys, but theres a huge difference between working with them and accepting them as members.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: Dellacroce] #749333
11/20/13 05:26 PM
11/20/13 05:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I think you mean the end of the end. The beginning of the end started with a guy named RICO. But I'm not even sure if he was Italian whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: pizzaboy] #749339
11/20/13 05:44 PM
11/20/13 05:44 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I think you mean the end of the end. The beginning of the end started with a guy named RICO. But I'm not even sure if he was Italian whistle.

yes thats exactly what i mean. RICO, sounds like a puerto rican to me smile

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749343
11/20/13 05:54 PM
11/20/13 05:54 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
the Italian-American Mob is the criminal subculture of Italianamericana therefore is made for Italian-Americans.

Italians are a different thing completely and have been a minority among them for decades and still do to this day.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749349
11/20/13 06:08 PM
NE1020 Offline
Made Member
NE1020  Offline
Made Member
Its because they used to have their culture back from the homeland, no snitching and they could be trusted. Its gone now though, since the new recruits are just 3rd and 4th generation italians

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749350
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I understand the sub-culture factor, but does everyone here really think the younger generations of Italians in their 20s know what being Italian is?

Everyone I know listens to rap and talks in street slang (and I'm not talking about the old Italian street slang) along with using drugs more than dealing. Kinda seems like all you need is the last name to be considered for membership.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: LaLouisiane] #749360
11/20/13 06:59 PM
11/20/13 06:59 PM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
The only thing Italian with kids these days is there last name, when there mixed with Irish, French, German etc. A lot of that percentage of Italian is about watered down.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749364
11/20/13 07:22 PM
11/20/13 07:22 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
How many of them can even speak Italian apart from the odd slang term?

British is best....
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749366
11/20/13 07:50 PM
11/20/13 07:50 PM
T
TheChickenMan Offline
Made Member
TheChickenMan  Offline
T
Made Member
im pretty sure rico is italian short for enrico aka caesar enrico bandello lol

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749367
11/20/13 07:51 PM
11/20/13 07:51 PM
T
TheChickenMan Offline
Made Member
TheChickenMan  Offline
T
Made Member
im talking about the name not the statute.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: LaLouisiane] #749387
11/20/13 09:27 PM
11/20/13 09:27 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I understand the sub-culture factor, but does everyone here really think the younger generations of Italians in their 20s know what being Italian is?

Everyone I know listens to rap and talks in street slang (and I'm not talking about the old Italian street slang) along with using drugs more than dealing. Kinda seems like all you need is the last name to be considered for membership.

that shit they're listening to ain't rap music

rap music is no longer rap music, i don't know what the fuck it is but it ain't rap

this new generation is pathetic, none of them know their history or care about it

they just wanna get high off illicit drugs and act goofy

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: cookcounty] #749454
11/21/13 09:44 AM
11/21/13 09:44 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

rap music is no longer rap music, i don't know what the fuck it is but it ain't rap

this new generation is pathetic, none of them know their history or care about it

I completely agree

The way I see it, the people that were taught what it means to be Italian AKA my father always taught me about family first and how it means everything, (not mafia your real family), no matter what the cost, take the shirt off your back for those who mean the most to you and be proud of yourself and the heritage you come from.

These hood rats that run the street with Italian last names now, think about it, they didn't grow up with a family that taught them anything about being Italian. So they have this half assed idea to be in an expensive suit but act like 50 Cent. I just don't get it, that's not LCN at all.

Lucky is somewhere in hell sticking his head in the sand like an ostrich, embarrassed of what a shit show its become.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: LaLouisiane] #749495
11/21/13 12:16 PM
11/21/13 12:16 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

I completely agree

The way I see it, the people that were taught what it means to be Italian AKA my father always taught me about family first and how it means everything, (not mafia your real family), no matter what the cost, take the shirt off your back for those who mean the most to you and be proud of yourself and the heritage you come from.

These hood rats that run the street with Italian last names now, think about it, they didn't grow up with a family that taught them anything about being Italian. So they have this half assed idea to be in an expensive suit but act like 50 Cent. I just don't get it, that's not LCN at all.

Lucky is somewhere in hell sticking his head in the sand like an ostrich, embarrassed of what a shit show its become.

Considering the fact he was a selfish rat I don't think he cares at all.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: Dellacroce] #749499
11/21/13 12:18 PM
11/21/13 12:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I don't think that will ever happen.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: botz] #749661
11/21/13 10:08 PM
11/21/13 10:08 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Complaints about the recruits? "These new kids" etc. I think they should go back to Zips. Zips. And more Zips. Only make a young American guy if he's both a good earner and also not a cowboy. Doesn't that solve the problem?

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: FrankMazola] #749752
11/22/13 03:06 PM
11/22/13 03:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
I think they should go back to Zips. Zips. And more Zips. Only make a young American guy if he's both a good earner and also not a cowboy. Doesn't that solve the problem?

I like you, Frank. You're a good kid and we've swapped a couple of nice pms since you've been here. But where are these so called zips going to come from?

I mean, Sicilians aren't like Mexicans who can crawl under a fence to get here. And you're educated enough to know that the immigration laws in this country don't exactly favor Italians anymore. The changes to the immigration laws after the '20s (and again in the '60s) are what led to the attrition that's thinning the ranks to begin with.

So I get what you're saying, but it's much easier said than done smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: pizzaboy] #749904
11/23/13 06:26 AM
11/23/13 06:26 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I think they should go back to Zips. Zips. And more Zips. Only make a young American guy if he's both a good earner and also not a cowboy. Doesn't that solve the problem?

I like you, Frank. You're a good kid and we've swapped a couple of nice pms since you've been here. But where are these so called zips going to come from?

I mean, Sicilians aren't like Mexicans who can crawl under a fence to get here. And you're educated enough to know that the immigration laws in this country don't exactly favor Italians anymore. The changes to the immigration laws after the '20s (and again in the '60s) are what led to the attrition that's thinning the ranks to begin with.

So I get what you're saying, but it's much easier said than done smile.

Tell me about it...to get into and live and work in the US legally is almost bloody impossible!

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: LaLouisiane] #749929
11/23/13 11:40 AM
11/23/13 11:40 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Everyone I know listens to rap and talks in street slang (and I'm not talking about the old Italian street slang) along with using drugs more than dealing.

Ain't you from Louisiana?
Attrition down there started way too long ago (compared to the North East and Midwest) to use it as an example.

We're talking about a bunch of criminal organizations for crying out loud, not religious societies offering free health care and shelter.
They were crooks, they are crooks and will always be crooks.

Lucky should be surprised, rather than embarrassed, seeing that kids brought up in much wealthier environments than his still wanna fuck their life up.

Do you know every single young mob associate active on American soil?
You all make it sound like youngsters are like this due to pills, african-american rap culture and other crap. These are true factors indeed but it's way deeper than that.

What do you think old timers used to say to American-born-and-raised wannabes in the 60s? "Why listening to this yankee-doodle crap? Why don't you listen na bedda tarantella!"

It has nothing to do with what music you listen to or clothing style you choose.

Do you think that young associates and recruits in Italy listen to Enrico Caruso's music and wear Armani suits even when asleep?

If it wasn't for lots of past wiseguys (during those times many posters glorify like the Garden of Eden) screwing things up, acting recklessly against any given rule and not caring for nothing but for their own pockets this generation (and all crime families overall) would not be so messy.

All this + Rico, obviously.

I think they should go back to Zips. Zips. And more Zips.

Are we so sure that they wanna come here to begin with?
Are we so sure that American families have enough freedom/power to have zips "shipped" here by command?

If they could they would.

Like PB noted, you can't ship them in boxes you know...

Zips/Italians are moving to more suitable places like Spain, Central and Northern Europe, Canada, etc.. where laws are weaker and authorities have almost no clue of what's going on.

Why moving to a place that has though OC laws, ever more so than Italy sometimes?

Only make a young American guy if he's both a good earner and also not a cowboy. Doesn't that solve the problem?

I'm sure that none of them is aware of this updated and helpful strategy.
Let them know. They will be forever thankful.

Who knows? Bellomo might even buy you dinner at Rao's.

Re: Italian-American Mafia culture [Re: LuanKuci] #749966
11/23/13 03:56 PM
11/23/13 03:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
I think they should go back to Zips. Zips. And more Zips.

Are we so sure that they wanna come here to begin with?
Are we so sure that American families have enough freedom/power to have zips "shipped" here by command?

If they could they would.

Like PB noted, you can't ship them in boxes you know...

Zips/Italians are moving to more suitable places like Spain, Central and Northern Europe, Canada, etc.. where laws are weaker and authorities have almost no clue of what's going on.

Why moving to a place that has though OC laws, ever more so than Italy sometimes?

That's another point I was going to make, LK. But I didn't want to piss off the "America, love it or leave it" crowd. Because the truth is, the shine is off America's apple for a lot of Europeans today. And just for the record, as an American I do feel bad about that. But it doesn't make it any less true.

I mean, the first time I went to Italy was in 1971. I was twelve years old, and all my cousins could talk about was living in America some day. And when we visit now, they just don't put America on that type of pedestal anymore. I mean, why cross an ocean just to be broke and unemployed when you can stay in the country of your birth and do the same thing?

And you're spot on about Italians heading for Spain and Germany now. It's a shorter trip and they see the opportunities are often bettr for them. Just my two cents, though smile.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull