GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nugent and Conservatives #644596
04/19/12 07:02 PM
04/19/12 07:02 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Let's see just a few days ago conservatives were quivering in rage when Hilary Rosen said that Ann Romney had never worked a day in her life. Democratic elected officials from the President on down disavowed those comments. Rosen had to apologize. In the last election cycle candidate Barack Obama had to disavow, repudiate, renounce, etc Reverend Wright and any other scary black man of the day that made some conservative wet their panties.

Now the Republican probable nominee goes to seek the endorsement of a guitarist with a long history of making bigoted ugly racist sexist threatening comments. Said guitarist then proceeds to make a comment which could be taken as a threat to the President's life. This is of course after a long number of other hateful comments specifically made about the President.

Do conservatives renounce Nugent? Nope.
Do they distance themselves? No they do not.
Do they run to blogs and newspapers complaining about the decline in propriety? That would be a no.

Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller?????

This shows as much as anything that conservatives, are , as much as anyone else, full of crap. It also shows that Romney in particular has no guts.
But he's not alone. The Democrats or media should be asking Romney the following questions.

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent called Secretary Clinton a "toxic c***" and "two-bit whore". Do you support that sort of language?. Is it ok if someone referred to your wife in those terms?"

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent has spoken in favor of apartheid and said that not all men are created equal. What's your response?"

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent has spoken of not wanting to have people embracing "voodoo religions" immigrating to America. Could you provide an example of a "voodoo religion" and then explain how it might differ from your own?"

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent has stated that Morgan Freeman is racist. Do you agree?"

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent has claimed that President Obama went to a "voodoo cave" church. Can you explain what he meant?"

"Governor Romney, Ted Nugent has a long history of threatening violence against people with whom he disagrees. Why would such a man endorse you? Why did you seek his approval? Are you comfortable with that sort of language?"

"Governor Romney, did Ted Nugent threaten to beat you up? Do you need access to a anti-bullying hotline?"

"Governor Romney, if you can't stand up to Ted Nugent, how can we trust you to stand up for America?"

And so on. This should be a turkey shoot. But of course the dominant media narrative ignores such unpleasantries. whistle Instead let's get outraged because the President said if he had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin. Or I heard the President says he's black. That's racist!!!! rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Nugent and Conservatives [Re: Lilo] #644603
04/19/12 08:52 PM
04/19/12 08:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Nugent's example shows that tinnitis is not the only disease that affects the craniums of aging rockers...

Romney thinks discourse should be "civil"? In other words, "civilly" threaten to cut off the heads of the opposition party?

McCain in 2008 avidly sought the endorsement of Pastor Hagge, leader of Christians United for Israel. But when it was reported that Hagge trashed gays and Catholics, and believed that the Holocaust's silver lining was creation of the State of Israel, McCain dumped him quickly. It took Obama longer to disavow Wright, but he finally did.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Nugent and Conservatives [Re: Lilo] #644621
04/20/12 12:54 AM
04/20/12 12:54 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Obama was exploiting Trayvon when he made his statement. He sees an opportunity to mobilize blacks, a demographic he desperately needs to turn out en masse in FL, VA, NC or Obama may not win again.

Obama should return Maher's money.

As for Nugent, I didn't even know who he was until he started making political comments. I like Jazz and 70's disco. I guess someone should denounce him when he talks crazy.

Re: Nugent and Conservatives [Re: Lilo] #644639
04/20/12 03:50 PM
04/20/12 03:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I like a few songs of his, like "Stranglehold," "Fred Bear," and "High Enough" (when he was with the Damn Yankees) but I view him the same way I view all the lefty libs in Hollywood who use their fame and position as a platform to spout their political views - he should just shut up. He's the right version of Sean Penn.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Nugent and Conservatives [Re: IvyLeague] #644647
04/20/12 04:52 PM
04/20/12 04:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I like a few songs of his, like "Stranglehold," "Fred Bear," and "High Enough" (when he was with the Damn Yankees) but I view him the same way I view all the lefty libs in Hollywood who use their fame and position as a platform to spout their political views - he should just shut up. He's the right version of Sean Penn.

I agree. What is it with these American citizens (especially the ones from Detroit) getting involved in politics and stating their views! If you're going to spout your political views, youbetter be sure that you are not famous and do not occupy any position. Only the anonymous should state such views.

Last edited by olivant; 04/20/12 04:54 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull