RAWR MANG by Casey xxxxx

Quote:
My name is Scrappy, I’m a tiger, a ferocious fur ball if you will. I live in a house with my mom and dad; they brought me home from the store and stuck me in this box with a bed in it one day. Then they brought home a little human being. They called it a “baby” they named him Trenton, but I call him Trent for short. We used to be pretty close, like brothers. We spent a lot of time together in that box. He sure cried a lot, but he also slept a lot. I liked that. Sometimes he would drool on me, but after awhile I got used to it. I miss those days.
It all started at the garage sale.

“Trent, clean your room and put anything you don’t want anymore into the garage sale box,” said Trent’s mother, Sandy.
“Okay Mom,” said Trent.
Trent cleaned up his room, picked up dirty clothes and put them in a pile. Then he went through old toys and was deciding which ones to keep when he came upon a stuffed tiger. Trent had not paid much attention to old Scrappy in awhile. They used to be inseparable when Trent was littler. Trent thought about it for a few minutes and then tossed Scrappy into the garage sale box.
“WAIT! WHERE AM I GOING!?” yelled Scrappy, but it was useless. No one heard him. Scrappy helplessly waited in the box, wondering what was happening.
“Scrappy, what are you doing in here?” asked Trent’s mother, Sandy.
“I don’t know! Help me! Put me back!” said Scrappy.
“Hmm, I never thought Trent would want to get rid of you,” said Sandy.
“What? Get rid of me!? No, he wouldn’t do that!” said Scrappy.
“Well, I guess I’ll put you out there, I’m sure some other kid could use a ferocious little tiger like yourself,” said Sandy.
“I don’t want to go anywhere! Why do I have to leave? Did I do something wrong?” whimpered Scrappy.

I still remember when we first met. I was laying in the box taking a nap and I think he must have just woken up. He grabbed me and started chewing on my head. That was a heck of a way to be woken up, let me tell you. I’m just glad he didn’t have teeth yet. I could have been a goner. I was still unsure of what was going on but I could tell that everything seemed to be okay. He wasn’t really trying to eat me. He looked at me with a curious gaze and then he talked.
“Lala loo boo ba,” said Trent.
“I know what you mean, pal. I am kind of hungry too. I could go for a zebra about now,” said Scrappy.
“Uhh baba koo,” said Trent.
Scrappy laughed, “You’re a funny guy, Trent.”
“Lala baba ba ooo,” said Trent.
“Hey, that’s okay. I thought you were trying to eat me at first. Trust me I’m just fur and bones, I wouldn’t be a good meal!” said Scrappy.
I remember it just like yesterday. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Trent is older now, he doesn’t sleep in a box anymore, and neither do I. Mostly now I just see him when he gets home from school and when he goes to bed. We used to talk, back when he was first learning to talk, but now he spends time with his friends. He tried to get rid of me once. He even put me in a garage sale. Needless to say we aren’t close like brothers anymore. I don’t understand what happened. He used to love me.
Nowadays I feel pretty useless. I mean, Trent wanted to sell me and nobody at the garage sale wanted me. The only reason I didn’t end up at Goodwill is because Trent’s mom took pity on me and put me back in Trent’s room after the garage sale.

Why did I have to get stuck with someone who didn’t even want me anymore? The only person who even talked to me is Trent’s mom, and even that is rare.
“Scrappy, you need a bath, let’s get you in the washing machine,” said Sandy.
I hate bath day, I have to hold my breath in the washer machine and then the dryer machine is too hot. And it makes me dizzy and really fuzzy for awhile afterwards.

I get pretty bored sometimes, but when no one is home I can watch the TV. I made the mistake of watching a soap opera called “The Young and the Restless” one day and now I watch it every chance I get. I tell you, I’m glad I’m a tiger. Humans are too mean to each other, always plotting against each other.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a human but then I think about how they act sometimes and I realize that I am proud to be a tiger.
Trent’s dad was watching this Scarface show on the TV once. The guy on there said “mang” a lot. I thought it sounded neat so I’ve decided to use it whenever I want to show how ferocious I am.
“RAWR MANG!” See? You must have been scared there for a second, but don’t worry, I was just playing.

One day out of the blue Trent came into his room and picked me up.
“Hey Scrappy, how have you been?” asked Trent.
“You’re talking to me?” asked Scrappy.
“I know I haven’t been very good to you lately, but I’m glad nobody bought you at the garage sale. You’re my tiger,” said Trent.
“RAWR MANG!” said Scrappy.
“I’ve been having some trouble with this kid at school, his name’s Billy. He’s such a bully. You think you could eat him for me?” asked Trent.
“I’m just a tiny little tiger, I don’t know if I could eat a whole human, my belly is so small,” said Scrappy.
“You’re small, but you’re a tiger. Strong and mighty. Remember that poem we read in Calvin and Hobbes?” asked Trent.
Scrappy started off on the poem.
“Tigers are mean, Tigers are fierce, Tigers have teeth, And claws that pierce,” said Scrappy.

After that we got along real good again. I never ate the bully for him but Trent knows I would have if I could have. I may just be a tiny stuffed tiger but I am ferocious, and it’s not the size that matters. It’s ferociousness. That’s what Trent always says.
I never understood why Trent wanted to get rid of me, but I can forgive him. He’s a young human, he is flawed and he will make mistakes. I guess the best thing I can do is to help him along the way.

Last edited by J Geoff; 06/10/11 02:57 AM. Reason: xxxxx

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.