GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Millspgh), 99 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,151
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What do you think Pope Francis, should do? #759581
01/21/14 02:54 PM
01/21/14 02:54 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
I wanted to do this poll because I would like to sincerely know what you think of that which has been made until now by Pope Francis.

Given that the question about the excommunication of the Four Mafias member, don't say "how do you know?" I tell you that living in a small village in the province of Naples, the priests and not only them, know well what they is a camorrista, a mafioso etc. etc.
agree that without money you don't sing masses, the Pope is doing well to reorganize the IOR, which had become the headquarters of the Mafia to launder money.

Do you think that the Pope should start a New Vatican Council to modernize the Church ?

Respond conscientiously and be serious

What do you think Pope Francis, should do?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/21/14 02:45 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/22/14 05:49 AM.
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #759583
01/21/14 03:07 PM
01/21/14 03:07 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Wasnt the mafia going to kill the pope? that was a pretty good idea...they should follow through on that. grin

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: Dellacroce] #759601
01/21/14 04:54 PM
01/21/14 04:54 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I chose the last of the options cause it was the most generalized, and could include the other ones. One thing Francis may or may not be able to pull off is his practicing what he preaches. Someone said he has to be the Gorbachev of the Church.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: dontomasso] #759623
01/21/14 07:39 PM
01/21/14 07:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I chose the last of the options cause it was the most generalized, and could include the other ones.

DT, the Church has been clear about homosexual unions and birth control. Humanae Vitae states that interfering with procreation is a sin and the Church still adheres to Scriptural proscription of homosexuality.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: Dellacroce] #759639
01/21/14 10:46 PM
01/21/14 10:46 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Wasnt the mafia going to kill the pope? that was a pretty good idea...they should follow through on that. grin

You might have punched your ticket on the train to hell, but just like the mafia you can save your soul with an honest confession before you die.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: MaryCas] #759660
01/22/14 07:30 AM
01/22/14 07:30 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

You might have punched your ticket on the train to hell, but just like the mafia you can save your soul with an honest confession before you die.

Hell? i dont think so. i may have to do some time in purgatory though, probably about a thousand years but in eternity terms a thousand years is nothing...its like a coupla days here, i could do a thousand years standing on my head.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #759807
01/23/14 05:56 AM
01/23/14 05:56 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
can you tell me where in the Bible, it says that is prohibited contraception, homosexuality, etc.?

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #759872
01/23/14 12:53 PM
01/23/14 12:53 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Here are references to homosexuality in the Bible:
Bible, Homosexuality

Conception, not Contraception

There are numerous answers to your question(s) if you search with a question "what does the bible say about homosexuality"

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: MaryCas] #759879
01/23/14 01:20 PM
01/23/14 01:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Here are references to homosexuality in the Bible:
Bible, Homosexuality

Conception, not Contraception

There are numerous answers to your question(s) if you search with a question "what does the bible say about homosexuality"

I don't recall any Board posts that ask this question: for those of you who oppose (for want of a better term) homosexuality or homosexual conduct, if there were no scriptural proscription of homosexuality, would you still oppose it?

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #760872
01/29/14 07:45 AM
01/29/14 07:45 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

John 8:32

I sincerely believe that the truth is that because God gave us the free will is because everyone could decide with his own head.
I accept the Bible as accepted the Koran or the Torah, but I think that all of us must decide regardless of what those old books say to do.I personally have nothing against gays, contraception and abortion.
I think everyone is free to do what feels right with his body, and that one shouldn't feel like a victim, just because a book of more than 2000 years ago, says that for his way of life,will go to the hell.
I'm also in favor of the legalization of soft drugs, prostitution, gambling, and on a more free weapons sale.
What do you think?

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #760880
01/29/14 09:59 AM
01/29/14 09:59 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I sincerely believe that the truth is that because God gave us the free will is because everyone could decide with his own head.

Thus, the decline of the Roman Empire.

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #761056
01/30/14 01:52 PM
01/30/14 01:52 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
What do you mean with
Quote:
the decline of the Roman Empire ?

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/30/14 01:53 PM.
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #764300
02/18/14 08:02 AM
02/18/14 08:02 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I read an article about medjugorje, and as in 1981 when six self-styled prophets that had moved away from the village to smoke, they saw the Virgin Mary, and as Pope John Paul II has gone along with it, to open another front in the communist east then Yugoslavia still existed and how now everything has been reduced to a sideshow where the few clans of medjugorie, they split the sale of gadgets, movies where the Virgin Mary appears to the prophets and so on.
What do you think? For me it is a ridiculous thing and it is not good to the image of the Church that Pope Francis wants to give, and it looks like a repository of superstition and fanaticism

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #764330
02/18/14 11:50 AM
02/18/14 11:50 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I know a woman, who won a seven figure judgment after she was in a nasty accident with a truck from a national transportation line. There was a major medical dispute where her doctors claimed reflex sympathetic dystrophy, fibromyalgia and other permanent disorders that aren't necessarily revealed by objective tests. The company doctors found there to be no basis for the crippling effects she demonstrated.

Immediately upon recovering her sum, she flew to Lourdes and returned, claiming to have been miraculously healed. She then rolled her "miracle" into a successful business enterprise where she ran expensive trips regularly to France, so that others, afflicted with disease and disability, could experience the same result.

People eventually caught on when they realized that everyone who took the trip came home with no physical change, but much poorer for their efforts.

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #764343
02/18/14 01:18 PM
02/18/14 01:18 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Unfortunately, the people that suffer believes in anything and very often fall prey to scams, but the Church should not feed this superstition, as the miracle bath at Lourdes, etc. because the Faith is one thing, and superstition is another.

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #766710
03/05/14 11:52 AM
03/05/14 11:52 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #766857
03/06/14 06:10 PM
03/06/14 06:10 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Give priests right to marry.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: dontomasso] #766859
03/06/14 06:21 PM
03/06/14 06:21 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

Agreed. This might help keep their hands off the alter boys. Wish they would just jail those scumbags instead of protecting them

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #766893
03/07/14 05:13 AM
03/07/14 05:13 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Many pedophiles are married and have children, and this does not stop them from raping children, I think that the Church should stop protecting them, excommunicate them and allow that the rotten apples be convicted and serve fully the sentence;for the eventual forgiveness God will think, when will be time.

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: dontomasso] #766906
03/07/14 10:55 AM
03/07/14 10:55 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

Then they will be like the rest the married population; divorcing, cheating, and miserable. lol

The priesthood has had unscrupulous members since the vocation began. Waving a magic wand over their heads won't change it. If Jesus thought married priests or female priests was a good idea, he could have instituted it at The Last Supper.

Let's face it, much has changed in the last 20 years and there is much more to do. I think JPII got them headed in the right direction, but Pope Frank has to do more and be very diligent. No slack, no hiding them, no second chances. Christian religions around the world are hurting for members, especially in North American and Europe. Its a tough message to follow in a materialistic, sadistic world - Love One Another As I Have Loved You.

Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: MaryCas] #766940
03/07/14 04:02 PM
03/07/14 04:02 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

If Jesus thought married priests or female priests was a good idea, he could have instituted it at The Last Supper.

For the record, celibacy of priests (at least in Christianity) wasn't something that was instituted until the 4th century.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: IvyLeague] #766955
03/07/14 05:19 PM
03/07/14 05:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
If Jesus thought married priests or female priests was a good idea, he could have instituted it at The Last Supper.

For the record, celibacy of priests (at least in Christianity) wasn't something that was instituted until the 4th century.

True. And the rationale for it was for the Church to inherit the fortunes of the Priests. Back then, some Priests were quite wealthy. And the Church got tired of seeing them leave their monies and properties to their wives and children wink.

I'm a practicing Catholic and I'll do my best to adhere to Churh doctrine, even when I don't agree with it. But I'd have no problem if they gave Priests the right to marry tomorrow.

But for the record, Furio's right. The right to marry won't flush out the pedophiles. Pedophiles are going to go wherever they can exploit children. Over the years there have been plenty of cases of pedophile couples (man and woman) abusing children.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What do you think Pope Francis, should do? [Re: furio_from_naples] #766993
03/08/14 07:56 AM
03/08/14 07:56 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I've seen people die too only in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit
thousand generations tormented by doubt
tortured with calculation: it's a sin it's a sin
I've seen women fight inhuman battles
raped within, and called whores
thousand generations tormented by doubt
tortured with calculation it's a sin it's a sin
I've seen destroyed lives in the smile of a priest
calm and reassuring, to talk me about the faith
a thousand generations it's a sin it's s sin
he calm smiles in the Majolica Cloister.

99 Posse Tu lo chiami Dio (You call it God)

some clarification, it's more likely that existed a merchant named Muhammad that Jesus Christ, and if it had existed it would have been more like a Middle East,called Jesua ben Nazareth crucified for sedition, as the Romans crucified thousands at a time. That the blond and pale Jesu , with which it is portrayed.
At his death, his disciples were semi-analfabati, and until the arrival of Paul, who's real name was Saul of Tarsus, there wasn't a real Church, understood as an organization, and until the fall of the Roman Empire and the decline of the Byzantine Empire in Italy the Pope was not different from the other patriarchs like which of Constantinople, in 1054 there was a schism between the two Churches, and then came the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.
Ivy League is right,the celibacy of priests was born in the 4th century but did not become mandatory until the Middle Ages, so that the properties of the priests that were given by sovereigns could return to the church property,and there is right pizzaboy. Until 1870 the Pope was also King, and only after the Patti Lateranenzi in 1929 again became and still is a sovereign of the State of the Vatican. Returning to the present I have no problem opening the priesthood to women, if not in fear or misogyny of the old prelates, with regard to pedophilia, given the scarcity of vocations, the Church has made a mistake by closing both eyes on conduct of the priests, and certain things are understood immediately given that pedophiles are mentally ill, for I am concerned when the priests have the right, not the obligation to marry. And I think that anyone who enters the seminary become a priest you must have faith in God, otherwise it is best that you look for another job.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull