GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
You deal, you die. Michael's policy? #596057
03/02/11 01:33 PM
03/02/11 01:33 PM
Sonny_Black Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline OP
Underboss
I always wonder what Michael's 'real' policy was concerning narcotics... In GF3 he gives the impression that he's against dealing in drugs by accusing Joey Zasa for allowing it.

But just like in reality, I imagine that the Corleone family was just as involved in drug trafficking as the other families.

Ofcourse they agreed to it at the meeting of the Dons, but their exact role was never made entirely clear. Any thoughts?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: You deal, you die. Michael's policy? [Re: Sonny_Black] #596059
03/02/11 02:09 PM
03/02/11 02:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Actually Michael was against Zasa allowing the dealing of drugs in traditionally Italian (white) neighborhoods.

Going by the book, the Corleones under Vito , would have provided political protection and possible financing/money laundering for narcotics business.

Of course, in for a penny in for a pound so probably at some time after Vito's death the Corleones would have gotten a bit more involved in the importation and wholesaling and probably division of territories, but not the actual street level (or even close to it) retail dealing.

Last edited by Lilo; 03/02/11 02:10 PM.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: You deal, you die. Michael's policy? [Re: Sonny_Black] #596074
03/02/11 03:24 PM
03/02/11 03:24 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I agree with Lilo. I think that we have to differentiate between the Corleone's higher management and its lower management (just like in any Mafia family). In II and certainly by III, Michael was running a multi-faceted corporation with any number of enterprises under that umbrella. There's nothing to indicate that he had abrogated Vito's agreement to give the drug business legal and political protection in the east.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: You deal, you die. Michael's policy? [Re: olivant] #596113
03/02/11 08:44 PM
03/02/11 08:44 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I agree with Lilo and Oli. And, as Sonny said, Mafia Dons may inveigh against drugs all they want, but they will always turn a blind eye to any money that comes their way. The figure of merit in a Mafia family is that the Don will order anyone who gets caught in drug trafficking killed because that person could be a threat to him if he's offered a plea-bargain. But he's not going to delve too deeply into the sources of money kicked up the line to him.

Ditto Michael. And when Frankie complained about the Rosatos, I read into his remarks that he was qualifying his beef about drugs: "Everything with them is women and drugs...and they leave the gambling for last [emphasis added]." I inferred that if they'd paid more attention to gambling (Frankie's nominal business, which he got tribute from), he'd have ignored their prostitution and drugs rackets.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull