GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Organized Crime - Real Life
1 hour ago
St. Louis is long-time member Ralph Caleca (1900-1988), no clue about the rest
1 27 Read More
General Discussion / Other
2 hours ago
More than 40 people killed in Israeli strikes on Syria’s Aleppo: Reports
Attacks have escalated amid continuing war in Gaza and clashes with Hezbollah across Israel-Lebanon border.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024...israeli-strikes-on-syrias-aleppo-reports
272 18,060 Read More
4 hours ago
He got arrested and his family moved back to Italy.

0 60 Read More
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Turnbull
I started that book last year and gave it up. I found it to be poorly written, with too much innuendo, too many generalizations and too few facts.

I agree I sometimes pick it up and read certain timebits or look for something in particular.
Russo's Outfit book is more readable though.
4 446 Read More
The Godfather Trilogy
4 hours ago
how he think I’ll find out who the traitor is in my family.” by sending Pentangeli on that mission?
2 175 Read More
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by NYMafia
“The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks.” - Old African proverb

How the Lion know, small dog barking if it does not turn around lol

I been enjoying, good laugh at Jokes, Riddles, Wisdom Corner Thanks to all posting
433 33,173 Read More
4 hours ago
20 guns, nearly 100 kg of cocaine, $100K in cash: Montreal police make 'major' drug bust

In what police describe as a "major" blow to organized crime, police say they have seized a massive stash of illegal drugs and weapons after 20 searches were done in Toronto and the Montreal area.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/20-guns...al-police-make-major-drug-bust-1.6826200
868 115,425 Read More
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Wasnt' the entire reason guys got involved in the life anyway to allow their family members become successful in legit endeavors? Such as say your son becomes a Doctor or Lawyer.

You can go around and brag about them to others and say "Look at my son, look how great he is."

Lets use John Gotti as an example. Now his son of course got involved in the life, but when it came to his grandkids he wanted them to be legit. Wanted one of them to be a lawyer.

????
5 336 Read More
6 hours ago
Maryland MS-13 gangster gets 24 years in federal prison for racketeering and murder
A Maryland MS-13 member was sentenced to 24 years in federal prison on Monday. 29-year-old Jose Lainez Martinez (photo above), an El Salvadoran national residing in Silver Spring, Maryland, had pleaded guilty to his participation in a racketeering conspiracy, including a murder, related to his activities as part of the MS-13 gang.
More: https://gangstersinc.org/blog/maryland-ms-13-gangster-gets-24-years-in-federal-prison-for-racke
32 6,385 Read More
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by RushStreet
I used the word culture for a reason. To identify who I was describing.

Has nothing to do with color at all. Remember one of my best friends in college was a black man.

Alright, in that case I misunderstood your message. My apologies.

I can totally understand the disdain for petty criminals that produce nothing and are just out there to abuse. I however also try to remind myself of the fact that it's their own community they hurt and destroy the most. As someone from outside their community, they may annoy me, but at the end of the day it's merely annoyance. It's their own community - and to me it doesn't matter which community anarchy-driven lowlives are from - that receives the most damage. It's a sad reality. There are plenty of black, but also white, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern,...you name it...people out there who deserve far better than they're getting. And then there are lots and lots of people who have been given everything that don't even deserve a fraction of what they've gotten handed to them.
68 2,112 Read More
Yesterday at 08:05 PM
Happy Easter H. He will die for our sins tomorrow but will rise again on Sunday!

1,911 46,922 Read More
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Former L.A. Deputy Mayor Raymond Chan found guilty in sprawling City Hall corruption case

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-chan-found-guilty-of-racketeering-fraud
0 62 Read More
Yesterday at 07:57 PM
"If you wouldn't have drunk it, I wouldn't have brought it in." - Moe Dalitz, explaining to Kefauver subcommittee why he was a rumrunner during Prohibition.
18 399 Read More
Yesterday at 07:51 PM
It do looking like you bees da man, Lou! Lol

Good job
260 18,092 Read More
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by antimafia
Originally Posted by Ciment
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...es-freres-scoppa-veut-une-vie-tranquille

Accused of drug trafficking in the United States: one of the Scoppa brothers wants a quiet life

Crown wants Roberto Scoppa, brother of Montreal Mafia leaders, detained despite ankle bracelet offer
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...ers-has-bail-hearing-in-extradition-case

Judge to decide on Roberto Scoppa's bail in April
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/judge-to-decide-on-roberto-scoppas-bail-in-april
4,627 1,216,125 Read More
Yesterday at 04:39 PM
348 48,254 Read More
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by mike68
I read on here that Albie Folcarelli (Patriarca's) has turned down his button. He's done his share of prison time. Maybe he feels that he doesn't need that spotlight on him to avoid more time.

Also, there was a wiretap several years ago when Peter Limone was pinched again. A guy was overheard saying that he is going to turn down his button because he doesn't need the aggravation.

Yes Albie turned it down
17 1,665 Read More
Yesterday at 03:25 PM
Children forced to murder unfaithful Mafiosa mothers given protection by Italian authorities
Story by Nick Squires • 21h • 3 min read
Children of Italian gangsters, including some who have been ordered to kill their mothers for suspected infidelity, are being placed in foster care or moved to safe houses under a newly expanded scheme.

Until now, only children born into the Mafia clans that make up the ‘Ndrangheta in the southern region of Calabria were being removed by the authorities, but the scheme has now been expanded to cover Italy’s two other organised crime networks.

Removing children from clans, with the consent of their mothers where possible, is often the only way to prevent them from drifting into a life of crime investigators say.

The scheme was originally established in 2012 by Roberto Di Bella, a judge in a family court in Calabria.
It has proven so effective that it will now be extended to the region of Campania, where the Camorra Mafia holds sway, and Sicily, the domain of Cosa Nostra.

The expansion of the project, which is called Liberi di Scegliere or Free to Choose, was announced by the Italian justice ministry.

Carlo Nordio, the justice minister, said it represented “a historic moment in the fight against the Mafia”.

Judge Di Bella said with the help of the Roman Catholic Church, the scheme had rescued 150 children and 30 women “from the iron grip of ‘Ndrangheta clans and a life of crime”.

Seven of the women had agreed to collaborate with the justice system and inform on the criminal activities of their husbands.

The children are either placed with foster families or in communities in secret locations across the country, ideally accompanied by their mothers.

“The battle against the Mafia is above all cultural. You have to remove them from a context in which they are condemned to a single destiny,” Judge Di Bella told La Repubblica, an Italian daily.

He said he had presided over dozens of trials which had involved “entire generations” of ‘Ndrangheta families, with fathers enrolling their sons through the power of blood bonds and family obligations.

“I have seen kids of eight who were forced to shoot people, put to work as messengers and drug pushers in the piazzas. I’ve seen kids kill their own mothers to punish them, according to a supposed code of honour, for marital infidelity.”

Judges had an obligation to try to save such children from Mafia violence, he said.

“And there are more and more mothers who realise that, as well as giving their children a different future, they too can have a new life. They ask us to take them away from these situations.”

He acknowledged that the scheme is not cheap. “To keep a mother and her child in a safe location costs at least €100 (£85) a day. Without a new identity, these women cannot work.”

Andrea Ostellari, the deputy justice minister, said: “The Mafia will cease to exist when we are able to break the circuit of criminality between parents and children.”

‘Toxic links’
By freeing children from the “toxic links” that bind them to criminal clans, the authorities are able to starve Mafia organisations of “new recruits”, he said. Women often risk their lives by leaving their husbands in search of a better life for their children, Mr Ostellari said.

The name ‘Ndrangheta is Greek in origin and means “society of men of honour”. Its roots go back to the 19th century.

The Calabrian Mafia makes a fortune from drug dealing, in particular importing cocaine from South America.

Estimating its revenues is hard but Nicola Gratteri, a leading anti-Mafia prosecutor, believes the ‘Ndrangheta has an annual turnover of about £40 billion.
0 112 Read More
Yesterday at 02:01 PM
National Transportation Safety Board officials boarded the ship to recover information from its electronics and paperwork and to interview the captain and other crew members, NTSB Chair Jennifer Homendy said during a separate news conference. Twenty-three people, including two pilots, were on the ship when it crashed, she said.

https://apnews.com/article/baltimore-key-bridge-collapse-03-27-2024-6a95340e5daeff6551fc999d23feb278

The vessel was also carrying 56 containers of hazardous materials including corrosives, flammables and lithium ion batteries, Homendy said. She added that some containers were breached, and that a sheen on the water from those materials would be handled by authorities.

Marcel Muise, NTSB investigator in charge, laid out a preliminary timeline assembled from the voyage data recorder comprising audio from the bridge and VHF radio ahead of the crash, which federal and state officials have said appeared to be an accident.

The vessel, the Dali, left port at 12:39 a.m. Tuesday and, after it entered the channel, signs of trouble came at about 1:25 a.m. when numerous alarms sounded, according to the NTSB. About a minute later, steering commands and rudder orders were issued, and at 1:26 a.m. and 39 seconds, a pilot made a general radio call for nearby tug boats.

Maryland Transportation Authority data from about the same time shows the pilot association dispatcher called the transportation authority’s officer on duty about the blackout, the NTSB said.

Just after 1:27 a.m., the pilot commanded the ship to drop an anchor on the left side of the ship and issued added steering commands. About 20 seconds later, the pilot issued a radio call reporting that the Dali had lost all power approaching the bridge.

At about that time, the state transportation officer on duty radioed two of its units already stationed at each end of the bridge saying to close the bridge to vehicle traffic. They were already there because of the construction.

Around 1:29 a.m., when the ship was traveling at about 8 mph (13 kph), recordings for about 30 seconds picked up sounds consistent with it colliding with the bridge, the NTSB said. A Transportation Authority dash camera also shows lights on the bridge going out.

At 1:29 a.m. and 39 seconds, the pilot reported to the Coast Guard that the bridge was down.

Muise said experts will review the entire voyage data recording and develop a detailed transcript.

At least eight people initially went into the water when the ship struck the bridge column, and two of them were rescued Tuesday, officials said.
5 147 Read More
Yesterday at 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Millspgh
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Of the eight Cosa Nostra bosses and Families listed below, who, in your opinion, throughout their history was the LEAST significant among them? And by the same token, who in you view was the MOST significant? ...And why?

A) Giuseppe "Joe" Cerrito (San Jose, CA)
B) Giuseppe "Joe Z" Zammuto (Rockford, IL)
C) Francesco "Frank" Zito (Springfield, IL)
D) Giuseppe "Joe" Civello (Dallas, TX)
E) Simone "Sam the Plumber" DeCavalcante (Elizabeth, NJ)
F) Vincenzo "Black Jim" Colletti (Pueblo, CO)
G) Anthony "Tony G" Giordano (St. Louis, MO)
H) Frank "Frankie Bal" Balistrieri (Milwaukee, WI)

Strongest to weakest -

Balistrieri
DeCalvalcante
Civello
Zito
Zammuto
Cerrito
Giordano
Colletti

Full disclosure, coupe of the guys I know little about so they have to be towards the bottom of my list.

Frankie Bal and Sam the Plumber had national reach and power, they were as important as many of the well known bosses. Civello is not far behind.
Zito and Zammuto had the Outfit nearby to give them credibility, support, and State political connections.

In my opinion

Good lineup. And with few exceptions, I think we largely agree.
16 789 Read More
Yesterday at 01:41 PM
Any guys alive who Pistone met? During the scene when Lefty meets Sonny Red and Galante. Did Pistone encounter Galante even if he was “showing the flag” on the block as Sonny Black says.

Cool that he met Trafficanfte.. he’s been dead since 87 if I remember correctly.
41 6,173 Read More