Home

Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV

Posted By: Don Ciccio

Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/16/04 05:11 AM

If there is another Godfather made, why not make it take place before Vito comes to America. It could be about his father and what he did to insult the local mafia. there wouldn't have to be any retread of the clasic characters and i think it could make for a real interesting story line.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/16/04 02:01 PM

that would be interesting,to see how he insulted ciccio.good idea,

What else could be included in the story though?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/17/04 01:09 AM

That would be interesting put those in as flashbacks to the flashbacks. My only concern is that they might be pretty boring, considering what peasent Sicilian life was like around the turn of the century.
Posted By: Don Ciccio

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/17/04 04:51 AM

yea, i suppose but what all was going on around the turn of the century, people were leaving italy around then, a lot was changing. maybe this could be a similar to the first godfather and stress the fact that things are changing and maybe for the worse. maybe the andolini's were loyal to another boss who got out muscled by don ciccio. these are just a random few themes/ideas. you're right though it might not be a good enough story enough to fill an entire movie.

the idea of things changing for the worse would certainly fit a common theme from augustus himself and augustan literature. this is significant because machiavelli's "The Prince" was based on the way augustus acted as emperor and as most know "the prince" is commonly known as a guidebook for the mafia.

PS sorry for rambling on
Posted By: Busta

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/17/04 08:29 PM

This almost sounds like a spin-off of The Godfather. If GF IV is made, Pacino has to be in it. That is the only way it can be successful, otherwise its not just the same.
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/18/04 04:12 PM

They could make Michael come out of retirement because the death of Mary, that way they could still use Pacino.

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/18/04 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RizzoInTheBox:
They could make Michael come out of retirement because the death of Mary, that way they could still use Pacino.
This post is about making a movie about Antonio Andolini. Vito Corleone wasnt even Vito Corleone yet and wasnt even mature enough to even think about having a son. Pacino/Michael can not be in a movie that takes place inthe early 1900s.

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/19/04 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
[quote]Originally posted by RizzoInTheBox:
[b] They could make Michael come out of retirement because the death of Mary, that way they could still use Pacino.
This post is about making a movie about Antonio Andolini. Vito Corleone wasnt even Vito Corleone yet and wasnt even mature enough to even think about having a son. Pacino/Michael can not be in a movie that takes place inthe early 1900s. [/b][/quote]Oh, I thought the topic was, "Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV."
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/20/04 03:54 PM

though i would find it an interesting movie, i don't think that it would be fitting of a godfather movie. if there is anything that needs resolving it would be how vito went from local mafia hood to a major mafia don. and also what happens with the corleones in the 80's and 90's.

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/21/04 12:58 AM

Yeah that would be awesome, too bad you can't have the Godfather without Marlon Brando.

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/28/04 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RizzoInTheBox:
Yeah that would be awesome, too bad you can't have the Godfather without Marlon Brando.
What do you call Godfather II???
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Idea (that would actually work) for Godfather IV - 11/28/04 06:39 PM

oh well, what can we say except that ffc probably doesn't have enough clout anymore to make part four the movie it should be. nor does he have the talent. i think he probably has seen his last good days.
i saw this documentary today called easy riders and raging bulls and at the end when they talk about coppola it read "he tried to top imself one to many times by making the godfather part 3"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET