Home

Casting idea for young Michael

Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Casting idea for young Michael - 09/11/04 05:41 AM

Has anyone considered Jason Cerbone from The Sopranos as a possiblity for young Mike. For those of you who don't remember, Jason played Jackie Aprile, Jr. in the tail-end of season two and most of season three. He has the look, and even seems to be imitating the Michael Corleone character in his bid to fit in with the Soprano crew. Just a thought...

Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/11/04 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AllEyesOnChris:
Has anyone considered Jason Cerbone from The Sopranos as a possiblity for young Mike. For those of you who don't remember, Jason played Jackie Aprile, Jr. in the tail-end of season two and most of season three. He has the look, and even seems to be imitating the Michael Corleone character in his bid to fit in with the Soprano crew. Just a thought...

I've actually pushed the idea of Michael Imperioli (your avatar) as a young college-age Michael Corleone. He does resemble the young Pacino somewhat.

Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/11/04 11:20 PM

But wouldn't Michael only be in his mid teens?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/12/04 06:44 PM

I like Enzo's idea, but if a GF4 was made w/ Imperolli then he would HAVE to be the ONLY Soprano's cast member in it. Otherwise, it would be a Soprano's reunion.

Freddie-That would depend on the time period of the script.Mine shows Mike at a few diffrent ages, but there is always stage makeup, look at Brando.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/17/04 07:10 PM

No offense but Imperioli isnt good looking enough.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/17/04 07:36 PM

I agree. If they do, in fact, involve flashbacks in the proposed fourth film, they need to go the way of the first films and cast unknowns. After all, there could be another Al Pacino out there...

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/18/04 08:55 PM

^^^^In this day and age, I highly doubt it.
"Casting Call-Pacino Look-alikes" Do you know how many people would come. Most of them couldntact, or wouldnt even look Italian, much less like Pacino
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/18/04 11:17 PM

I think alleyesonchris means there is another unknown actor that could play the part

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/19/04 02:23 AM

Exactly, thanks Freddie.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/19/04 03:38 AM

I don't think they have to be unknowns - I mean, Al Pacino wasn't an "unknown" when he made GF I. He was a second-level star, a rising young guy who wasn't in the top echelon yet. The Godfather put him in that level for sure.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/19/04 11:21 PM

Pacino had done plays and the like, sure, but GF was his first true film. So, relatively, Al was unknown before that...

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/20/04 11:50 PM

He did Panic in Needle Park way before The Godfather.
He was unknown, but he could act.Judging from the people who are known, if they were the best.....[shudders]
Posted By: Busta

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/23/04 04:25 AM

The Panic In Needle Park was made in 1971, The Godfather in 1972. One year is not really way before.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 09/23/04 11:39 PM

Sorry, I meant Me, Natalie....either way, he had done movies before.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/14/04 01:19 AM

keep in mind pacino is 5'6

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/14/04 02:07 AM

This should be retitled DSC's pointless argument thread, with all the pointless things I have been arguing :p
Tom-What does hight have to do with anything? Finding an actor who is 5'6" is not as hard as it would appear. Finding one who can act.......now theres a diffrent story. Imperiolli(sp) who I favor for this role, is like 5'9" or somewhere around there. It could be made to work.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/14/04 01:40 PM

you tell them don sonny
Posted By: Tom

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/15/04 01:47 AM

i wasnt trying to offend alfredo or his fans,im just saying you cant have a 6foot guy playing michael unless they did something with the camera to make appear him shorter.i mean, isnt this topic about an actor that looks like michael the most.besides, they wouldnt be able to do it.michael was too young to be replaced as a younger guy.

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/15/04 03:06 AM

True Tom, you do have some hight restrictions. i.e Sonny cant be the shortest, or even close to Mike in hight, Fredo cant be some 8 foot giant,etc, etc. I completely agree with you.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/26/04 02:40 PM

how about the teenager in a bronx tale
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Casting idea for young Michael - 10/26/04 03:44 PM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET