Home

the godfather needs a new director

Posted By: The Lost Don

the godfather needs a new director - 08/09/04 11:42 PM

yes ffc did 2 good movies but he messed up the 3rd. I think the Godfather needs a new flavor so who better than Quintin Tarantino to direct GFV.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/10/04 12:10 AM

first they need to make Part IV
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/10/04 02:00 AM

Haha Freddie I would put my money behind FFC.
QT No way in hell do I want him anywhere near any project with Godfather in the name.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/10/04 01:34 PM

QT seems to only want to direct movies where he re-invents genres. The Godfather does not need this treatment. If QT directed it, there'd be a weird dialogue thing going on... not to mention other stuff that QT is known for.

While I love QT's work, I think he's the wrong choice for another GF movie.

However, I think that QT should direct a mob movie where he breathes life into it like he did for Kung Fu movies with Kill Bill.
Posted By: Robert DeNiro

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/18/04 02:35 AM

Martin Scorsese or FFC are the only ones I'd trust with this flick. Actually, I think I'd trust DeNiro if he wanted to direct as well.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/19/04 01:19 AM

I agree RDN,but the fact of the matter is that any director other than FFC,is going to give the new one a diffrent feel.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/19/04 04:46 AM

Coppola would be the best choice, Scorsese would be a great second choice. De Niro would be great if he wanted to direct.

Tarantino would be a disaster. He can't handle directing films like The Godfather, his genre is totally different.
Posted By: Robert DeNiro

Re: the godfather needs a new director - 08/19/04 04:47 AM

Yeah, DeNiro would bring a different feel as would Scorsese.

They would both bring different elements and emotions to the movie.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET