Home

Puzo's last wish

Posted By: Luca's boy

Puzo's last wish - 06/20/03 05:35 PM

Do you think that if Paramount green lights a GF IV, Coppola would do it because Puzo had so much interest in the project?
Posted By: Chancre

Re: Puzo's last wish - 06/22/03 02:52 AM

If it has to be made, I would only hope FFC would do it and not pass it on to somebody else.
One exception: Martin S. - who FFC originaly wanted to helm the GFII, but Paramount would not allow.

Re: Puzo's last wish - 06/22/03 03:32 PM

Schorsese would be the only one to trust with another GF movie, granted it should still be FFC.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Puzo's last wish - 06/22/03 05:37 PM

I had understood that Puzo said there "wasn't" going to be a GFIV.

TIS

Re: Puzo's last wish - 06/22/03 09:29 PM

I think Coppola said that. Don JGeoff has the quote around here somewhere, who ever said it.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Puzo's last wish - 07/01/03 03:30 AM

I would rather it be Martin Scorsese that directs Godfather IV.... FFC doesn't know how to make a movie without putting in his entire family and their friends in key roles.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Puzo's last wish - 07/29/03 10:04 PM

To be fair to him, the films wouldn't be the greatest trilogy of all time without him at the helm. And Sofia was possibly the only bad performance. FFC's sister Talia Shire made a fine performance in all films despite FFC not wanting her in the film but mario giving her the go ahead. The music is still fantastic to this day, as composed brilliantly by Carmine Coppolla. I think the only other relatives were as young children or babies.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Puzo's last wish - 07/30/03 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
I would rather it be Martin Scorsese that directs Godfather IV.... FFC doesn't know how to make a movie without putting in his entire family and their friends in key roles.
You're a jackass, why would Martin Scorsese do it? FFC is the only one worthy of doing it. Just because Martin Scorsese is a great director doesn't mean he should do it. It should be FFC or no one.
Posted By: The Undertaker

Re: Puzo's last wish - 07/31/03 02:10 AM

Hi

Simply Scripts have just posted a Godfather IV script on their website.

http://simplyscripts.com/unpro.html

Scroll down the page a bit.

I haven't read it yet. It's pretty long. It's by someone called Luigi Santo.

cheers

The Undertaker
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Puzo's last wish - 08/02/03 01:32 AM

FFC I believe has not said "no" to a GF IV, after all, back in the 70's who would've thought of another Godfather in the nineties? I don't think it can be ruled out entirely, but the likelihood of a GF IV depends I believe on a.) FFC's motivation b.) Paramount's state of mind.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET