Home

gf4:the godmother

Posted By: connies secret identity

gf4:the godmother - 04/07/03 08:02 PM

i once had a crazy idea that gf4 could be called the godmother ...and i read on the internet that some ppl also had the same idea!! i mean, because connie would have to have some part in it, she didnt die in gf3 and was hooked on power and killing guys wiht cannolis and stuff like that. she would either be in charge or be vincents right hand woman. what dya think?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/08/03 01:34 AM

I get what you're saying CSI, and I would surely see it, however, it is my opinion that it wouldn't go over, because of the fact that the mafia IS men. I think most men would laugh at the idea and must admit personally, I would prefer to see men in the role of "gangster". But then that's just my opinion, and like I said I would watch it if for no other reason then to see women kick ass for a change!!!!

TIS
Posted By: Chilltown

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/08/03 01:37 AM

I actually have always loved this idea. i certainly think that Talia and Andy (two Academy Award nominees) could pull it off. They need that connection to the original family that Connie would bring, because like it or not, Vincent just wouldnt be the same considering he wasnt involved in the first two. i see it like this, connie is in her 70's, but unlike michael she has not mellowed and has ordered the hit on numerous people. she is brought up on charges with the federal court, when kay has ultimately had enough. she and Anthony try to overthrow connie and vincent, in order to secure Anthony's rightful inheritence. what follows is the ordered death of kay's loved ones (a nosy sister or something), and anthony's killing of vincent. a final showdown in court of connie, with kay brought in as the key witness, and thus the end of connie, vincent, and the corleones. they are legitimate with Anthony, and Kay has finally brought down the family.
Posted By: Chilltown

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/08/03 02:08 AM

Taglines for it:

The heartbreaking finale to the unlimate story of the human soul.

Power has finally found its price.

The Corleone's most dominant females do battle for the right of survival.
Posted By: Don Ellroy

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/08/03 06:21 AM

Sounds good but i have to agree with TIS. Mafia is more of a masculine thing.
Posted By: Don Mafia

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/08/03 09:46 PM

I think it's about time the women get their chance to be in the mafia! I've said it all along, i think we're smarter just because we arent hot headed! I have had the idea for a book/moive about a mafia run by a woman. of corse, shes got her male body guards but she runs the show. I think that that would be a great idea for GF4!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/09/03 12:49 AM

Don Mafia,

By your post, I assume you are female. I do agree with you that womean certainly have the brains and aren't as hotheaded (usually)as men. It's not that I wouldn't think women would be capable to be the brains behind the organization, but I can't picture them being the "muscle", so to speak, and be taken seriously on film.

Personally, I would see a mafia movie with women in the lead, but my preference would still be male, maybe cause it's more true to life, I don't know. Or maybe because I just prefer looking at males!!!!

TIS
Posted By: Blake

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/09/03 01:42 AM

I think its a funny idea but if it was that it would be the same name as the first three and that would ruin it.
Posted By: Don Mafia

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/09/03 09:46 PM

Yes, I am female. I think for the idea to work, it would have to be done very carefully! Who knows, maybe it'll happen maybe not.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/09/03 10:11 PM

I am 100% with TIS on this one in as much as mafia MEN are the best I cant imagine Connie being taken seriously enough by die hard GF fans to be able to pull off a GF4, it would just not 'cut it' for me, although I could comfortably 'see her' as Vincents (or whoevers) consigliere!!
I have seen other women mafia films like Bella Mafia but I wasn't impressed, I want to see the Corleone men in charge, all the good girls love the bad guys

FH
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/11/03 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I do agree with you that womean certainly have the brains and aren't as hotheaded (usually)as men.

Watchu talkin bout Willis?
Posted By: Don Ellroy

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/12/03 06:14 AM

Don Mafia,
I do not think that women have enough intimidation.And personally(This may sound sexist)if i saw a women saying "kill him, kill him,tourture him, and kill him" while going through a list i would crack up. No one would take her seriously even if she was just as smart(when it comes to war,tactics etc.) and ruthless as a man.
Posted By: Vito's Legacy

Re: gf4:the godmother - 04/12/03 09:15 PM

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Connie with a more expanded role in the (possible) Part IV. Part III showed that her and Vincent are close enough, so it would stand to reason she would serve as a confidant of sorts to Don Vinnie.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET