Home

DiCaprio in part IV ?

Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/21/02 03:36 PM

Should Leonardo DiCaprio get a Part in The Godfather Part IV IF it would be made ?
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/22/02 05:56 PM

Leonardo DiCaprio would be too old now to play a 19 year old Sonny.

Ever noticed how Frank d'Ambrosio (Anthony in GF3) looked more like a very young James Caan then DiCaprio will ever do?

anyway, if a GF4 was to be made, the casting should be PERFECT, which means, no fooling around with ages and computers etc... get a teenager to play a teenager... like Coppola wanted Italians to play Italians, etcetera. Sure it will be hard to find them...

I have nothing against DiCaprio or Scott Caan or whoever, but they are too old to play those parts to were once linked with.

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/22/02 06:31 PM

Your right Frank d´Ambrosio dous look kind of like Sonny. I don´t think unless Like you sead it would be perfect Coppola should make a Part IV.

´´I don´t feel wiping everybody out Tom, just my enemies`` Michael Corleone
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/22/02 07:09 PM

I always thought DiCaprio would make a good younger Sonny. I have only seen a couple of his movies, but he can act. Also, judging from his appearance and the previews I saw of Gangs of NY, I think he can pull it off. Plus he does have a young face and could play a "younger" Sonny.

I do know too, that Leo is part Italian as he was in Italy last year (or maybe longer) and was commenting to the media there, that Hollywood bigwigs wanted him to change his name. He said he was proud of his Italian heritage and refused to change his name. That scored points with me as well. Anyway, I know I stand alone, and am certainly open to others, but I still say Leo would surprise all of you and do a a great job.
IMHO

TIS

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/22/02 07:16 PM

I think that Leo should get the part part only if he would do it al least as good as Caan.

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/22/02 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
I think that Leo should get the part part only if he would do it al least as good as Caan.

´´never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinkin´ again``
well, that's a thing.....!!!!

anyway, welcome to the boards man! "we can always use good Dutchmen;)"

deze site is geweldig jongen, leef je uit!
Posted By: ibbi

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/27/02 04:38 PM

i don't understand what everybody's problem with DiCaprio is, he's a good actor! just because he did Titanic it doesn't make him talentless. Okay I admit he wouldn't make a good sonny but he could easily get some sort of role. wait till his two new movies come out then see how good he is.

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 10/28/02 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ibbi:
i don't understand what everybody's problem with DiCaprio is, he's a good actor!
he is.. but not for a young Sonny (lets say 14-24 years old)...

maybe he could do a supporting role...
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 11/22/02 02:44 AM

If Leo played an unknown guy who gets killed in the first minute of the film, then I dont care if he's in the Godfather. Actually, In all the Godfather films, there wasn't one actor I disliked. So why ruin it? I change my mind. Fuck Leo!
Posted By: MrsMichaelCorleone

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 11/26/02 04:45 PM

Well I voted yes only because when I saw the trailer to Gangs of New York he seemed to be in a role with a lot more depth to it. I think Leo can do hard hitting gritty drama like what we see in The Godfather although I don't think he should get a major role in GF4 if it is made.
Posted By: tony's detroitgirl

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 11/27/02 01:53 AM

I don't have a problem with him being cast in the movie, but just not as Sonny. Sonny's character is too intense and I just don't see that in Leo.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/11/02 04:46 AM

DiCaprio like James Caan, is not that Italian to the eye in my opinoin. I haven't seen Gangs of New York, but i want to since Scorsese has made some of the best movies of all time. But could DiCaprio pull it off JUST like Caan, i voted NO.
Posted By: rystew

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/11/02 11:18 PM

I think we should all realize that the dicaprio rumor old news now and not likely to happen
Posted By: Captain Howdy

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/12/02 02:49 PM

I think he should play a chick cuz he looks like one.
Posted By: drex

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/22/02 01:59 AM

i hate decaprio
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/27/02 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drex:
i hate decaprio
you're not the only one.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/27/02 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
[quote]Originally posted by drex:
[b]i hate decaprio
you're not the only one.[/b][/quote]same here. de Caprio can ride the Titanic and sleep with the fishes.

GoodFella
Posted By: Harry

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/27/02 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ibbi:
i don't understand what everybody's problem with DiCaprio is....
he's a bleeding heart left-wing anti-American liberal
Posted By: Uncle Ken

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/27/02 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
I think he should play a chick cuz he looks like one.
I agree with you, maybe he should play a young Connie.
Posted By: Sonnys Gumar

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/27/02 09:19 PM

Somehow, no matter how old he gets he still looks like a young buck.. It's unsettling really. Maybe he swims in the same waters as Dick Clark.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/28/02 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
[quote]Originally posted by ibbi:
[b]i don't understand what everybody's problem with DiCaprio is....
he's a bleeding heart left-wing anti-American liberal [/b][/quote]Plus he can't act worth a sh*t.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/29/02 03:43 AM

i said yes because Dicaprio would make it more succesful. GF4 probably wouldnt make a good gross.
Just for the record, i dont like Dicaprio. Just think GF4 would get more gross.
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 12/29/02 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
i said yes because Dicaprio would make it more succesful. GF4 probably wouldnt make a good gross.
Just for the record, i dont like Dicaprio. Just think GF4 would get more gross.
I would rather have Dicaprio in the Godfather because of his acting skills, not because he will increase the movie profit (though many studios seem to think differently).
Posted By: lucabratzi

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 01/14/03 04:26 AM

I dont mind decaprio movies at all, as a matter of fact i kida liked gangs of ny and catch me if you can, i did not like any of the other movies (like titanic or anything like that) but i think he does have school but i do not think that he should have any part in the Godfathers, if they cast him in that movie it would be degrading.

Decaprio can go do a chick flick but no way should he have anything to do with the godfathers
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 01/14/03 05:19 AM

thats the right word, "degrading". we're not after how much the film will earn but the movie to stay in its "class". de caprio is not for the GF movies, this is not like the more commercial ones he did like Titanic, beach etc. its like the making of the first Godfather. . . Paramount wants Sylvester Stallone and John Travolta(more commercial compared to al pacino) but FFC stick to his choices like Mr Al Pacino . . .
btw, welcome to the Family Lucabratzi!

GoodFella
Posted By: Bugsy

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 01/15/03 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
Should Leonardo DiCaprio get a Part in The Godfather Part IV IF it would be made ?
Should DiCaprio get a part in GF 4, I hope he plays the role of Carlo Ricci being beaten up by Sonny for no apparent reason.

I don't like DiCaprio.
Posted By: don papa

Re: DiCaprio in part IV ? - 01/20/03 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bugsy:
Should DiCaprio get a part in GF 4, I hope he plays the role of Carlo Ricci being beaten up by Sonny for no apparent reason.

I don't like DiCaprio.
hahaha, that's a good one, Bugsy! i hate that gold-digger, social climber Carlo Rizzi punk, too!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET