Home

Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing?

Posted By: Liggio

Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 02:34 AM

He was one of the most murderous, psychopathic LCN gangsters in history, who was chewed up & spit out by the government after turning state's evidence and still died in prison. To me he's the poster child for a gangster who went bad for nothing. Of course, his reign was disastrous, but it's beside the point.
Posted By: jace

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 02:40 AM

He ratted in return for nothing, as for his reputation I don't think it was that great to start with. The government screwed him for whatever reason. I think his stories conflicted with Massino's or another rats, so they cut him off and made him stay in prison. I don't think any made member has the right to make a deal, I don't care who disagrees. They all get off, even non made guys like Rubeo and Borrello, up to massing and Gravano. They are let go for murders, or do only a few years. Casso got nothing in return. I think there is more to the story that will come out one day.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 03:21 AM

Not really sure why the government screwed him. As much as people say hes a rat I will always take his side. Casso got fucked bad and its bullshit.

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 03:39 AM

Thanks for your input.

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 04:38 AM

I personally don't agree with his decision to turn. Dude was responsible for 37 murders that we know of, and his entire downfall falls on his shoulders and his shoulders alone. But I'm open to anyone's opinions.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 10:08 AM

Gaspipe reputation was so bad that the feds understood that Casso can't be used as witness against other mobsters in a trial due his rutless behavior,they call him lucifer or used the numer 666 to refer to him. That what wrote,Raab in his book and I believe it.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 12:03 PM

Hmmm Casso got screwed? Turn around fair play, how many people did double cross Before he turned? Too bad. Bad guy got what he gave. He knew the game played it well for years but in the end he got out played. Screw him
Posted By: Havana

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 03:37 PM

They all knew he was a psychopath.Nobody can know the mind or mood of a guy like him at any moment
They let him hang around
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Havana
They all knew he was a psychopath.Nobody can know the mind or mood of a guy like him at any moment
They let him hang around

He was a bad guy, a very bad guy. And it all eventually came out in the wash.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/01/24 05:16 PM

He was a bad guy no doubt. But I think Rush in that the government welched when they realized his testimony woul impure their star witness.

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/03/24 08:51 PM

He's definitely known as one of the most dangerous and murderous mobsters in gangland history, so I would say in fact that he did have a great reputation in that department. The problem is that he flipped, many people out there will always see him as "that rat."
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/03/24 09:29 PM

I personally think the guy is a complete clown. Real tough dude, until he's threatened with hard jail time, then he turns over and rats. Doing that, and still having to do life in prison was almost too deserving for him. He was a paranoid lunatic.

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/03/24 11:00 PM

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Maybe if he ended up regaining his freedom and having a podcast I wouldn't have been able to make a thread like this. But he died in prison anyway, should've just stuck to omerta like a true gangster. Imagine him having a podcast though? He'd have a helluva lot more murders to talk about than Sammy the Bull.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/03/24 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
He was a bad guy no doubt. But I think Rush in that the government welched when they realized his testimony woul impure their star witness.

He was so bad that the feds for sure understood that would be a damage if the jury would look to how psycopath they gave the immunity!
With Gravano was easy because they had Gotti but Gaspipe was too even for the feds.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/04/24 02:13 PM

I think it's because of the cops he had on his payroll. Caracappa and Eppolito. That was embarrassing to law enforcement and they probably just wanted everyone to forget about it.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Did Gaspipe sacrifice his reputation for nothing? - 01/04/24 03:29 PM

I agree Fleming. Typical law enforcement and gov agency way of doing things.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET