Home

Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York?

Posted By: RushStreet

Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/28/23 04:55 AM

Has a Chicago boss post 1950 ever met with any of the NY families?
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/28/23 06:13 AM

It doesn't really answer your question but one thing I can think of is the meeting between Milwaukee Boss Franck Balistrieri and the Bonnano family in the 80's which was facilitated by Chicago.
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/28/23 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet

Lots of Genovese and Chicago guys had places out in Palm Springs, so I'm sure they got together a little bit.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/28/23 03:42 PM

And there are also plenty of instances post 1950 where reps from Chicago have met with reps from New York, including commission meetings. Starting around '75 is where it gets tougher to find occasions where they got together, but I'm sure there were.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/28/23 11:26 PM

I believe Dom Cirillo used a messenger for Chicago I forgot his name. The job of the messenger is to function as liaison between specific families.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 08:24 AM

Every Chicago boss had meetings with NY bosses, sometime until the late 80s or early 90s i think, or until the commission and Vegas scheme trials.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Toodoped
Every Chicago boss had meetings with NY bosses, sometime until the late 80s or early 90s i think, or until the commission and Vegas scheme trials.

100%

In fact, of all the crews across the U.S., it could be argued that Chicago and NY probably kept in the closest contact on a regular basis as far as national matters go.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

100%

In fact, of all the crews across the U.S., it could be argued that Chicago and NY probably kept in the closest contact on a regular basis as far as national matters go.

+1

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 04:49 PM

Toodoped are you currently working on any stories on LaPietra for our member NYMafia?

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 06:54 PM

Toodoped are you currently working on any stories on LaPietra for our member NYMafia?

Its in the workings. It might be finished sometime around mid January.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 07:53 PM

Its in the workings. It might be finished sometime around mid January.

Excellent. You just made my Friday that much better. Take your time with it and release it when you feel you are happy with it.

Really looking forward to this!
Posted By: Malavita

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 08:05 PM

The knowledge of some of our members on Chicago is really impressive. It's great that you guys are collaborating together to publish a story.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/29/23 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita
The knowledge of some of our members on Chicago is really impressive. It's great that you guys are collaborating together to publish a story.

Yes, Malavita, our collaboration, "partnership" really, has been working out great for all of us. In fact, better than even expected.

And thank you for acknowledging that.
Posted By: Sullycantwell

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 12/31/23 11:44 PM

very interesting. What do Chicago sources say about the commission post-1985? Obviously there is a debate whether it existed and all the sources i know are from NYC, id be interested to here ab what the Chicago sources say about if it existed. So far, Vincent Cafaro and Joey Massino (though he later referred to the commission post-1985) are the only sources i know of that say that the commission didnt exist/function like it did pre-1985.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/01/24 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Malavita

+1. Awesome to see.
Posted By: Havana

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/01/24 07:16 PM

There is a picture of Luciano and Capone together in a pool.There's a third individual in the picture/. Looks realistic but who knows

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/02/24 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Havana
There is a picture of Luciano and Capone together in a pool.There's a third individual in the picture/. Looks realistic but who knows

The picture is real. The other guy with Capone and Luciano is Ciro Terranova. Costello was present also.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/02/24 10:19 AM

The picture is real. The other guy with Capone and Luciano is Ciro Terranova. Costello was present also.

Terranova was believed being the instigator of the murders of Frankie Yale and Frankie Marlow, but all the charges against him were dropped.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/02/24 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Terranova was believed being the instigator of the murders of Frankie Yale and Frankie Marlow, but all the charges against him were dropped.

Thats probably true although it was Capone's people who did the Yale job such as Heeney, Maddox, Burke and Campagna. During those days Campagna was allegedly in NY and knew Yale's daily routines. After the hit or that same year Campagna allegedly returned to Chicago as one of Capones top men.
Posted By: Trapper

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/14/24 07:49 PM

Chin and Fat Tony flew into Chicago after the Castellano hit to meet with Jack Cerone. Michael Magnafichi is the source. He was Jack's driver and drove him to the meeting.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/14/24 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper
Chin and Fat Tony flew into Chicago after the Castellano hit to meet with Jack Cerone. Michael Magnafichi is the source. He was Jack's driver and drove him to the meeting.

With all due respect to the supposed "source," I don't believe that ever happened.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 09:47 AM

At the time there was allegedly a problem between Chicago and Cleveland regarding Jackie Presser, meaning Chicago was against the idea for Presser to take over the pension fund but during a meeting in Chicago with Cleveland's Lonardo and Rockman, both were assuring Aiuppa and Cerone that Presser was the real deal and that Roy Williams was KC's guy. So both Cleveland reps later also had a meeting with Chicago's "cousins" the Genovese family, especially with Fat Tony, regarding the same problem. Story goes that the Genoveses agreed for Williams to take the president spot while Presser received the pension fund. In the end it came out that the Chicago boys were right because both Williams and Presser fucked up the whole scheme. So except for Magnafichi's alleged statement, theres no additional info that Salerno and Gigante "flew" to Chicago without being noticed by anyone at the time, just to meet with the Outfit's top admin.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 05:04 PM

....in addition, that wasnt the first "cold war" between Chicago and Cleveland according to the following file...

[Linked Image]

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 06:18 PM

At the time there was allegedly a problem between Chicago and Cleveland regarding Jackie Presser, meaning Chicago was against the idea for Presser to take over the pension fund but during a meeting in Chicago with Cleveland's Lonardo and Rockman, both were assuring Aiuppa and Cerone that Presser was the real deal and that Roy Williams was KC's guy. So both Cleveland reps later also had a meeting with Chicago's "cousins" the Genovese family, especially with Fat Tony, regarding the same problem. Story goes that the Genoveses agreed for Williams to take the president spot while Presser received the pension fund. In the end it came out that the Chicago boys were right because both Williams and Presser fucked up the whole scheme. So except for Magnafichi's alleged statement, theres no additional info that Salerno and Gigante "flew" to Chicago without being noticed by anyone at the time, just to meet with the Outfit's top admin.

There is NO way...just no way possible....that Chin Gigante and/or Tony Salerno flew anywhere to meet with anybody. Period! That ain't happening...EVER! No way! No how!

Especially Gigante, who was a friggin hermit and 90% of the time wouldn't even travel off Sullivan Street, let alone off Manhattan Island, let alone fly on a public aircraft all the way to the midwest to converse with a few guys he hardly knew.

And Salerno? He was an old man, he ain't going anywhere....

And these were among the 2 top bosses in the country, of the most important crew in the country....And they're not going to anyone...If anything, people are traveling to NYC to go see them.

Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 07:05 PM

With all due respect to the supposed "source," I don't believe that ever happened.

Definitely not !!

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 08:38 PM

There is NO way...just no way possible....that Chin Gigante and/or Tony Salerno flew anywhere to meet with anybody. Period! That ain't happening...EVER! No way! No how!

Especially Gigante, who was a friggin hermit and 90% of the time wouldn't even travel off Sullivan Street, let alone off Manhattan Island, let alone fly on a public aircraft all the way to the midwest to converse with a few guys he hardly knew.

And Salerno? He was an old man, he ain't going anywhere....saddest

And these were among the 2 top bosses in the country, of the most important crew in the country....And they're not going to anyone...If anything, people are traveling to NYC to go see them.

I completely agree but dont forget that I personally always "fear" if someone puts up an FBI file regarding that claim. Until then, except for Magnafichi (alleged made guy), we still dont have any other source regarding the alleged meeting between the Genoveses and Chicago from that particular time period. In fact, that poor guy from India who placed the recent Outfit charts are completely wrong, meaning he placed Magnafichi as current member of the Outfit lol The saddest thing is that one of my old and former accomplices is his advisor regarding his Chicago charts, meaning Im completely disappointed. Those guys are either doing meth or fentanyl on daily basis, mainly because theres no other explanation regarding their fanatic "ideas".
Posted By: Trapper

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 11:31 PM

You dispute that Michael Magnafichi was Cerone's driver? He's on video tape telling the story. I think in was ANP website.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/15/24 11:52 PM

And Salerno? He was an old man, he ain't going anywhere....saddest

I completely agree but dont forget that I personally always "fear" if someone puts up an FBI file regarding that claim. Until then, except for Magnafichi (alleged made guy), we still dont have any other source regarding the alleged meeting between the Genoveses and Chicago from that particular time period. In fact, that poor guy from India who placed the recent Outfit charts are completely wrong, meaning he placed Magnafichi as current member of the Outfit lol The saddest thing is that one of my old and former accomplices is his advisor regarding his Chicago charts, meaning Im completely disappointed. Those guys are either doing meth or fentanyl on daily basis, mainly because theres no other explanation regarding their fanatic "ideas".

TD, I'm not sure I'm aware of who you're referring to, but what I can say is that nowadays, many of these fellas are just spit-ballin' ideas, hopes, dreams, wishes, and delusions about whats what and who's who. It's not truly steeped in hard facts or research. A lot of it is just conjecture.
Posted By: Millspgh

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:01 AM

If these 2 Genovese powers flew anywhere in 1985, wouldn’t the FBI have been all over them?
Chin was working his crazy act then, now all of a sudden he’s flying commercial with who the feds at the time considered the boss of the family?
I can definitely believe the drove to Chicago, probably with at least 2 others, a driver and a guard. Guys who could rent hotel rooms and get gas without being as recognizable.
But flying without being noticed in 1985 seems highly unlikely in my opinion.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:02 AM

Those guys would've flown private.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:13 AM

And in 1985, wouldn’t someone at the airport or private flyer have talked to the Feds? Maybe not, but by 1985, seems the Feds would be all over them, especially after a boss just got whacked.
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:13 AM

The Chin was a power in the Genovese Family for ~3 decades before he went down in 1997, I highly doubt he never traveled outside of New York. But the 1985 Chicago meeting does sound farfetched.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:19 AM

I agree Liggio that he definitely travelled over the years, and I’m sure he flew before, but hard to see it in 1985.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 01:23 AM

LOL. THOSE two guys weren't "flying" anywhere...As I said, If anything, someone from Chicago was flying "in" to see them in NYC. Especially a guy like Jackie Cerone.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 07:52 AM

Ya think Fat Tony asked Chin if he could squeeze in to the window seat as they flew into O'hare to get a good view of the city ??

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 08:38 AM

Lol

For what its worth, the alleged meetings between Chicago-Cleveland-Genoveses occurred around 1980/81, not 1985.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 10:00 PM

That was a total bullshit story from Mags. I thought him meeting John Gotti in Florida was probably more realistic. By the way, it was Alex Louis who was the informant in Chicago who got into a fist fight with Mags and was nervous for his life.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 10:02 PM

I just wanted to know, when John Gotti came to Chicago, where was he welcome? I know for a fact he had to have visited Chicago a time or two and its pretty much expected that the Outfit guys hosted him around town. I'm thinking probably on Rush street back in the day considering thats where all the action was in the 70s and 80s.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 10:07 PM

I just wanted to know, when John Gotti came to Chicago, where was he welcome? I know for a fact he had to have visited Chicago a time or two and its pretty much expected that the Outfit guys hosted him around town. I'm thinking probably on Rush street back in the day considering thats where all the action was in the 70s and 80s.

I doubt John Gotti would go to Chicago considering he was an ex con. Mags met him in Florida with Chuckie the Head a well-known bookie who had east coast clients.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTown

I doubt John Gotti would go to Chicago considering he was an ex con. Mags met him in Florida with Chuckie the Head a well-known bookie who had east coast clients.

So explain this to me. John was barred from traveling to Chicago with the threat of being prosecuted over it if ever was to come here and hang out for a couple days having dinner and enjoying the city? I find it very hard to believe that John never once visited Chicago. IF he did come to Chicago more than likely he was escorted around the city by a couple guys that worked for the Outfit. This also could have been before he became boss and was just a up and coming wiseguy who was respected and had connections.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/16/24 10:50 PM

I'd say the chances John visited Chicago as boss of the Gambino family is pretty much firmly at 0%. Odds he visited before becoming boss, in my opinion, are slim, but I suppose he could have.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/17/24 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
I'd say the chances John visited Chicago as boss of the Gambino family is pretty much firmly at 0%. Odds he visited before becoming boss, in my opinion, are slim, but I suppose he could have.

Id say he atleast saw Chicago once in his life and experienced the nightlife and dining experience a little.

Re: Did any Chicago boss ever meet with New York? - 01/17/24 08:43 AM

You dispute that Michael Magnafichi was Cerone's driver? He's on video tape telling the story. I think in was ANP website.

Until 1983/84 Cerone's main chauffeur and bodyguard was Willie Messino and all of the files and surveillance shows the same thing. Yes, Mags father was allegedly former EP capo who died during the late 1980's, so I really dont know when he drove Cerone since according to the Chicago-Cleveland meetings, if its true, it mustve been sometime during the late 70s and early 80s, again the same time period when Messino was constantly next to Cerone. On top of that, during that period Mags was just an associate right? What year he was made and was there a traditional making ceremony or not?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET