Home

Lufthansa Heist on History Channel

Posted By: MafiaStudent

Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/15/23 07:10 PM

Only a clip but interesting nonetheless. From the new season of History's Greatest Heists hosted by Pierce Brosnan. Has anyone seen the whole episode?

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 03:04 AM

Nice clip,thanks for posting it.

At 0:35, the narrator talks about five Mafia families running OC in NYC. Shows a photo with narrative--I guess Carlos Marcello and Santos Trafficante were NYC Dons.

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 04:06 AM

I found the entire episode - free with commercials

https://play.history.com/shows/historys-greatest-heists-with-pierce-brosnan/season-1/episode-4
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull

At 0:35, the narrator talks about five Mafia families running OC in NYC. Shows a photo with narrative--I guess Carlos Marcello and Santos Trafficante were NYC Dons.

Point taken. lol
Posted By: jace

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 04:54 PM

Creepy John Pennissi seems to be the new John Alite, popping up all over. I didn't see them name the man who appears at the 4:44 mark talking about Tommy DeSimone.

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull

Yeah, with the frame ending on Trafficante...lol.

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/16/23 11:08 PM

I watched all 5 of the episodes up so far last night and they're all interesting. They have one on that art heist and Antwerp diamond heist too.
Posted By: CNote

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/18/23 09:54 AM

No mention of Parnell "Stacks" Edward's being Muhammad Ali's bodyguard and being present at the Ali/Frazier I fight at MSG, otherwise not bad.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/19/23 11:49 AM

If I remember correctly, at the time, the Lufthansa robbery was considered the largest cash theft in U.S. history.

It was a frontpage news throughout the United States, and the world for that matter.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/19/23 03:03 PM

Weird they specifically refer to Tommy as being a made guy. If the cousin of Asaro was one of the main accomplices in the heist and decided to testify against Vinnie because he was essentially "shelved" why no conviction in his trial? Him and Vinnie each got 750K? Guess Jimmy couldn't just whack them out to keep their share. Then Jimmy's couple mill got put in a safe deposit box and Bruno and Vinnie Gorgeous blew it all gambling and living it up years later after Jimmy died in prison? Seemed like no one really won after the big score. You either got murdered, disappeared, flip because you're a brokester or die in prison. I think that's the end for most of these guys though.

I noticed there wasn't one mention of Henry Hill.....

I always wondered if the plan was for Jimmy to kill all these guys no matter what as soon as they made the plan, even before there was much more there than they originally thought. You give someone like "Stacks" the very important job of getting rid of the van and he parks it illegally for two days while he's getting drunk and high. Seems like someone that incompetent was expendable and someone they would have taken out regardless after his role was done.

I never hear anything about Vario's other son that was supposedly with Tommy in Bruno Facciolo's pizza place taking Tommy to his making ceremony before he was murdered. He was a made guy and his father was a very powerful Captain, but there's no information about him out there. He still alive and was he still active? He get shelved or chased or something? I know Vario had a couple other sons, I saw one of them died a couple years back, but he was a legit guy not involved in the Life.
Posted By: jace

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/19/23 03:48 PM

Asaro's cousin gave a different version of the robbery than Henry Hill did.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/20/23 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by jace
Creepy John Pennissi seems to be the new John Alite, popping up all over. I didn't see them name the man who appears at the 4:44 mark talking about Tommy DeSimone.

And how old was he at the time of the robbery, 6 ?? That's their expert ??

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/20/23 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by CNote
No mention of Parnell "Stacks" Edward's being Muhammad Ali's bodyguard and being present at the Ali/Frazier I fight at MSG, otherwise not bad.

I thought all the episodes were interesting. Whether they're accurate - not sure as I'm not an expert on any of the events covered.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/20/23 06:03 PM

Episode #5 is about the bank heist in Laguna Niguel that was pulled off by Amil Denzio from Salem, Ohio. He also wacked Joey Naples.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Lufthansa Heist on History Channel - 03/20/23 06:08 PM

Episode #5 is about the bank heist in Laguna Niguel that was pulled off by Amil Denzio from Salem, Ohio.
Amil also wacked Joey Naples in the hopes of gaining favor with Lenny Strollo - Go Figure :-(
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET