Home

Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah?

Posted By: Liggio

Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/23/22 05:46 PM

It's an awesome show, Italy's version of The Sopranos. I think the Ciro di Marzio character looks exactly like Roberto Saviano.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/23/22 07:44 PM

Awesome show. L'Immortale too
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/24/22 07:32 AM

Yeah great show I love you really have to see where the story is going not much is explained mostly visual but the dialogues are also great in thick Napels dialect.
The Sopranos is also great but less gritty.
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/26/22 03:59 PM

Visually stunning: as if a photographer took each and every shot. The plot of each season different, with new characters and excellent supporting dialogue. The only problem: it had to end. How many double and triple crosses can you have? And without introducing yet a new cast of characters within the Campagna geography.

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/28/22 05:30 PM

Also check out il Traditore, the movie about Buscetta. Its a great film too
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/28/22 06:22 PM

I didn't really care for Il Traditore. It didn't do his life story any justice. There was so much more that happened. Had some awesome killing scenes though. I liked the Capo di Capi movie better.

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/28/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
Visually stunning: as if a photographer took each and every shot.

Suburra and Zerozerozero are similar visually amazing and good stories overall.
Also enjoyed the movie Piranhas/La paranza dei bambini (2019) I was surprised the ratings weren't higher. Anyway I hope Italian filmmakers keep up this quality they take crime movies/series to another level.

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/30/22 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
I didn't really care for Il Traditore. It didn't do his life story any justice. There was so much more that happened. Had some awesome killing scenes though. I liked the Capo di Capi movie better.

I'm excited for anything coming out of Italy right now. That's where its at right now. Anything American in that genre is a bunch of C level actors who had two lines in the Sopranos trying make them.

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/30/22 11:00 PM

Black Souls Italian: Anime nere (2014) was also interesting. The story of three brothers, the sons of a shepherd, close to the ndrangheta and of their divided soul.

Re: Has Anyone Here Watched Gomorrah? - 12/30/22 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by The_Marble_Guy
Originally Posted by Liggio

I'm excited for anything coming out of Italy right now. That's where its at right now. Anything American in that genre is a bunch of C level actors who had two lines in the Sopranos trying make them.

Hollywood executives do learn from them with films like Sicario, guys like Stefano Sollima get a chance now in th US.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET