Home

Fulton Fish Market Cases Video

Posted By: jace

Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 08/30/22 04:00 PM

He explains how the government built its cases, and talks of Carmine Romano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=797jjYhx5DU

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 08/31/22 03:27 PM

Did anyone even watch this?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 08/31/22 08:20 PM

Hard to argue with him, Jace. RICO makes it much easier to prosecute Mob guys (or people who are suspected of Mob ties because they have Italian names) because the government doesn't have to prove they actually committed crimes--only that they were conspiring with others to commit crimes.

We get a nice view of his extensive wardrobe. Must have a lucrative practice. wink Also looks like he could win the Frank Costello Lookalike Contest.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 09/01/22 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Hard to argue with him, Jace. RICO makes it much easier to prosecute Mob guys (or people who are suspected of Mob ties because they have Italian names) because the government doesn't have to prove they actually committed crimes--only that they were conspiring with others to commit crimes.

We get a nice view of his extensive wardrobe. Must have a lucrative practice. wink Also looks like he could win the Frank Costello Lookalike Contest.

He apparently was a big time attorney, but stayed out of the limelight.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 09/08/22 03:24 PM

He interviewed Capeci this week.
Posted By: Iceveins

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 09/09/22 08:29 PM

Funny that Carmine Galante once had a fake job at the old Fulton Fish Market when he was young. Guess the mob had their hands in fish markets also!

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/21/22 01:29 AM

Here is Mari's latest, a recap of his videos and a look forward to future ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HB-mrt9pk
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/21/22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by jace
Here is Mari's latest, a recap of his videos and a look forward to future ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HB-mrt9pk

jace..u always have a good watch video...luv ,ur friend ...hoodlum..I like this guy..u turned me onto him..he's honest & does not hold back..A no bullshit older dude..I ilke!!

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/22/22 03:01 AM

I'm glad you liked them Hoodlum. I think Mari is great, he comes from a better angle than rats or uninformed podcasters. He may have Joe Pistone on, interesting because he met him as Donnie Brasco. He had Capeci on too. He is what he is, a man who grew up as a regular person yet had a few friends who wound up in the mob. He went to college, law school, and became a successful attorney without forgetting where he came from. I like his style too. He seems natural.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/22/22 10:41 AM

Good Vid thanks for sharing.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/22/22 08:02 PM

My paternal grandfather was an immigrant who settled in Brooklyn. During Prohibition, he ran a still out of his home, and bred Pomeranian dogs which, for some reason, were popular with gangsters of that era. One of his customers was Joe (Socks) Lanza, boss of the Fulton Fish Market. He took a shine to my grandfather and gave him a protected job driving trucks at the Market. My grandfather was never unemployed for a day during the Depression.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/23/22 04:40 AM

My paternal grandfather was an immigrant who settled in Brooklyn. During Prohibition, he ran a still out of his home, and bred Pomeranian dogs which, for some reason, were popular with gangsters of that era. One of his customers was Joe (Socks) Lanza, boss of the Fulton Fish Market. He took a shine to my grandfather and gave him a protected job driving trucks at the Market. My grandfather was never unemployed for a day during the Depression.

That's impressive. Lanza was a big timer, and that era was one of the most interesting mob eras.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/23/22 04:22 PM

I just thought of something Turnbull, I don't know if it ever came into your thoughts also. Your rather was obviously a hard working man, but since he ran a still and had a connection to Lanza, he would be considered an associate by law enforcement, and banned from working at the market and many other places. It would be unfair, as it would when (If things were like they were post 1963) if they put him on lists as a "Mafia associate.) No job at the market, or on the Jersey or NYC waterfronts. Thankfully they weren't doing that back then.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/23/22 08:16 PM

I suppose that would be so, Jace, although I was never close to my paternal grandfather, and all the stories I heard about him were from my father, who told them after his father died. .Probably he wasn't much in Lanza's company. James Caan, on the other hand, had an FBI file opened on him after Joe Colombo agreed to let him hang out with Persico's crew to "learn their style" during GF filming.
I'm sure you know the story about how Lanza started the ball rolling on using the Normandie fire to get Charlie Luciano out of prison.

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/24/22 03:03 PM

I suppose that would be so, Jace, although I was never close to my paternal grandfather, and all the stories I heard about him were from my father, who told them after his father died. .Probably he wasn't much in Lanza's company. James Caan, on the other hand, had an FBI file opened on him after Joe Colombo agreed to let him hang out with Persico's crew to "learn their style" during GF filming.
I'm sure you know the story about how Lanza started the ball rolling on using the Normandie fire to get Charlie Luciano out of prison.

James Can the FBI left alone because they did not want to anger Hollywood or the media by harassing a star. A regular person the FBI will be hounded to death. As to Lanza and the ship fire, he was used by the government to watch over the docks during the war, then jailed for controlling the docks after the war!

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/31/22 02:41 AM

Here is his newest, it's more about the politicians he knew, with a mention of a couple of made guys, plus Trump and Giulianni. He also talks of Rao's restaurant. Not much on ht mob, but old time baseball fans may like his stories of meeting New York Yankees in the 1960's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHzcCFxIQA

Re: Fulton Fish Market Cases Video - 10/31/22 02:42 AM

To Turnbull: Is it possible to change the title to "A View From Mulberry Street?" That is the series title, I used the Fulton Fish Market title due to it being the first video I posted here.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET