Home

Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN

Posted By: thekidfromthesouth

Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/24/22 04:12 PM

for most i read gotti gets all the attention at least he dint rat 1 point for him. but at least i never read about Amuso a mans man not rat,,,,hes near death door he floode new york with Heroin wack allot of ppl but he never get credit unlike gravano massino casso who a lowlife,,you the man vic keepin readinthose 300 book page stories
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/24/22 06:16 PM

Profile: Lucchese crime family boss Vittorio “Vic” Amuso https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/profile-lucchese-crime-family-boss-vittorio-vic-amuso

Lucchese Mafia boss Vic Amuso may be imprisoned for life, but his word is still law on the streets of New York https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/b...amuso-may-be-imprisoned-for-life-but-his
Posted By: Liggio

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/24/22 06:22 PM

Also, Vic Amuso never begs for early release, he's a true gangster. Get tired of all these whining men begging the government to let them go, that's not manly.
Posted By: MafiaStudent

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/24/22 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Liggio
that's not manly.

Neither is ripping off people's work. Keep it up, you're doing a great job.
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 01:46 AM

amuso was a terrible boss who should've given the big chair up decades ago.
summarily murdering members of his crime family for even the most minor or perceived infractions doesnt make him a great anything.

his actions have ruined the lucchese much like carmine persicos have the colombos.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 02:36 AM

The Luccheses are not ruined, you're still stuck in 1992. They're doing better since that era.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
amuso was a terrible boss who should've given the big chair up decades ago.
summarily murdering members of his crime family for even the most minor or perceived infractions doesnt make him a great anything.

his actions have ruined the lucchese much like carmine persicos have the colombos.

he made mistakes ,bad choices,, but show me a boss that hanst make mistakes and ill show you a cow with 8 legs,,,, the exection carlo gambino,, the chin you think he was a fox ....um... no his act ddint work he dies in prison at the casso, massi noi we all know what happen to em,, i think massino had and arizona italian restaurant,, vinny ocean boss nj family was working quietly in dallas,, until mexican find out who he was he was told to scram and he did. smart man.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 07:55 PM

Gigante did die in prison, but it took decades to accomplish that feat. And he didn't even get life, he only died there because he was already so old.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 10:11 PM

chicago
john difronzo
salvatore delaurentis

detroit
giacomo tocco
jack giacolone

gambino
domenico cefalu

genovese
liborio bellomo

buffalo
joseph todaro jr

montreal
vito rizzuto
leonardo rizzuto
rocco sollecito
stefano sollecito

toronto
cosimo commisso
angelo figliomeni

just a few current examples of bosses who didnt completely ruin there families off the top of my head.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 10:17 PM

Correct me if I'm a little off or even completely off, but I think a lot of Families went down the shitter because they were led by men who brought a brand new style of American gangsterism to the mix, and didn't give a rat's ass fuck about traditional Mafia values or old world traditions.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 10:39 PM

Boston
Carmen dinunzio

And to the rest of the previous post....???????? What!!!!!

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 11:06 PM

Vito I'd say that all those guys looked at the Gottis and Merlinos of the world and said nope, that's not going to be me.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 11:21 PM

Let's take liborio Bellomo as an example.
Out on the street since 2008...14 years free in this day and age quite a run as boss.
No loud suits,camel hair coats,talking to media,firework parties.
No instagram posts our selfies and Facebook pics of his time at the shore.
Bellomo doesn't zoom around Manhattan in a black limo or throw street parties in the old neighborhood.

14 years on the street not a sniff of an indictment or investigation.
Bodies aren't lying in the street across NY and yet he is the most respected leader of the most powerful crime family in the u.s.

So yes I would say he took one short look at both Gotti and Merlino and has done the complete opposite.
I will give credit to Merlino for being boss as long as he has while still serving some time. But look at who he met with from the Genovese in most recent indictment.
Pasquale parello and Eugene D'Onofrio a capo and acting capo.

Not Bellomo,muscarella,Peter dichiara, Ragusa.
Merlino is a heat score and Bellomo wouldn't be caught dead meeting with him.

As for Gotti I won't speak ill of the dead.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/28/22 11:24 PM

I don't see it so much as speaking ill of them, we're just observers. As enthusiasts, we're just analyzing how it all went wrong.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/29/22 01:17 AM

Out on the street since 2008...14 years free in this day and age quite a run as boss.
Bellomo doesn't zoom around Manhattan in a black limo or throw street parties in the old neighborhood.

Bodies aren't lying in the street across NY and yet he is the most respected leader of the most powerful crime family in the u.s.

So yes I would say he took one short look at both Gotti and Merlino and has done the complete opposite.
I will give credit to Merlino for being boss as long as he has while still serving some time. But look at who he met with from the Genovese in most recent indictment.

In all fairness Bellemo, inherited a pretty tight ship.
Posted By: DetroitPartnership

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/30/22 07:43 PM

Vic Amuso is NO DON. He's a thug from a borough of New York City. He dealt drugs and cut up any other rackets - in that borough - with a thousand others living score to score. He inherited a dynasty and turned it into a dystopia of desperate, paranoid, drug-pushers and killers.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/30/22 08:02 PM

When they say he is the last don
It’s just a testimate that he is the last 90”s era boss that is still boss
I guess other than Merlino ?

I don’t think anyone thinks that he was a great leader of a family.
How can anyone think that.

The truth is his own guys should have killed him and Gas, why they didn’t just let him Rot in prison on the shelf is even more perplexing….

I thought the commission rules were once your appeals were exhausted you had to step down like Gotti did.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/30/22 10:17 PM

Vic Amuso is a don, just because he doesn't fit your criteria of what you think a don should be, doesn't mean he isn't.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/30/22 10:28 PM

Vic Amuso was actually an 80s and 90s era boss.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 04/30/22 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

The truth is his own guys should have killed him and Gas, why they didn’t just let him Rot in prison on the shelf is even more perplexing….

I thought the commission rules were once your appeals were exhausted you had to step down like Gotti did.

John Gotti NEVER stepped down! He was the "official" boss until the day he died. He operated the family through proxies like his son, brother Pete, Jackie D'Amico, etc.

The ONLY boss to my memory in recent decades to ever do "the right thing" and step down was Tony Ducks. Worst move he ever made! Just look what happened in the wake of his decision to do so.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/01/22 06:34 AM

Yep ur right was confused.

The only other boss was Baby Shacks?
He got that pinch and retired
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/02/22 06:16 PM

@NYMafia

I agree with you; Corallo stepping down and allowing Christopher Furnari to get into his ear was a bad decision….

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/02/22 10:38 PM

Gigante did die in prison, but it took decades to accomplish that feat. And he didn't even get life, he only died there because he was already so old.
he died in prision he was suppose to die free.........he crazy act was suppose to be his "weapon" the whole point oh his shennigans was to stay out prison not to die in it it defeats the whole purpose

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/02/22 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
Vic Amuso is NO DON. He's a thug from a borough of New York City. He dealt drugs and cut up any other rackets - in that borough - with a thousand others living score to score. He inherited a dynasty and turned it into a dystopia of desperate, paranoid, drug-pushers and killers.
fuck you hes the last Don a man with respect had a lil drinking porblem but no one is perfect. ill tell you what all those in the comission back in 1985 , big paul, tony corallo,carmine persico, even front boss anthony salerno,,,, the govertment had the all on AUDIO TAPES,,,,, do you fucking guys forget that they doom themselves Mr AMUSO was never caught on the tape on nuhting so dont come here and say that he was a just plain thug,,,, from BK at he didne get caught on wire tap you fucking ashhole and Merino leonaetti said once he wasnt event MADE,, who prick his finger Natale another joke ,, he put himself as the boss no competetion after Stanfa was in and in and out of the picture

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 01:30 AM

He went decades as a free boss and when they finally put him away it was only for a mere 12-year sentence, peanuts in the grand scheme of things. He only died in prison because he was already so old, hell prison was like a retirement home by that point.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 01:35 AM

A bit violent isn't it fellas? You're all so passionate in your opinions. Lol...it ain't that serious!

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 01:36 AM

In their defense, the Commission bosses who went down in the Commission Trial were new to the whole RICO Act, never before had a slew of mob bosses went down in such a fashion and then slammed with 100-year sentences. Guys like Gotti, Amuso, and Casso on the other hand watched what happened to Corallo, Salerno, Persico, and the others yet still didn't learn from their mistakes. They had no excuse.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by NYMafia
A bit violent isn't it fellas? You're all so passionate in your opinions. Lol...it ain't that serious!

Can’t we all just get along.
And agree that we will disagree from time to time.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 08:32 AM

In their defense, the Commission bosses who went down in the Commission Trial were new to the whole RICO Act, never before had a slew of mob bosses went down in such a fashion and then slammed with 100-year sentences. Guys like Gotti, Amuso, and Casso on the other hand watched what happened to Corallo, Salerno, Persico, and the others yet still didn't learn from their mistakes. They had no excuse.

Amuso at the time was on the lamb from the Windows case which, 5 out of 8 beat at trial.
I believe he and Caso were looking at a plea deal of 7 years or so.

They killed all their guys and chased others into the arms of the feds over a little bid like that.

When Caso flipped he gave them 39 murders
And officially sank the Luchese ship.

I’m not exactly sure what we are talking about here the last don standing?
Amuso is the last official boss of the 5 families alive from the 90’s era.

By Don so we mean old school, wise, traditional leader of his borgata that did so much for the family as the boss…

I don’t think Amuso falls into that category.

Basically he didn’t rat, but he wasnt supposed rat, as we all know the only one official boss of the 5 families ratted.

So he doesn’t get any points on my score card for not ratting.
And he is not dead yet, so he stayed alive.

Again no points for that.

I am def no expert on the Luke’s and Amuso so if I am wrong and he did all these great things please tell me because I am unaware.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 09:02 AM

I don't recall ever saying that Amuso did lots of great things, but don in the context that we use basically means a Mafia leader, so yes technically he's a don. He might be the shittiest don ever for the Lucchese Family, but he's still a don. In my book, he gets points for not only not ratting, but also never once begging for an early release, using excuses like COVID or ill health. He still commands his borgata from prison and doesn't give two fucks. And I would say that the Luccheses are doing better today than the 1990s, lots of commenters here seem like they're mentally stuck in that era because it sticks out so much. They're still in sorry shape, but they are still here.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/03/22 02:11 PM

I'd like to point out that while I don't see anything wrong with trying to work the system and get an early release, provided that you don't sell others out in the process, when someone doesn't do it, it shows to me that the individual has the mental toughness needed for that life. These types are never going to throw themselves at the feet of the government, and good luck with ever getting them to flip.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/04/22 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

Merlino i woundt put him on the level of Amusio,Gotti,Barney Bellomo, hes a stand up guy joey is, question is who "made" in the intoduccion who prick his finger, rabbit the taylor theres is no confirmation thas hes made, he made him a boss of a decimated family all he needs is to be made.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/04/22 03:22 PM

Barney Bellemo very nice point hes also a different breed of guy even though they the feds embarraz him to shave his head off so he take a polygrah exam and he did, you dont tell a man like Barney to shave his head off anyways back on he barney inherited a family thas was in good $ shape thanxs to the Gigante he was given a well oiled machine, and til this moment hes all quiet
Posted By: dsd

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/04/22 07:18 PM

@thekidfromthesouth

Amuso had a drinking problem?? Can you remember the source/ book.
Amuso deserves more respect than many want to give. Being a boss from mid 80s on, was a poisoned chalice. I've never been convinced that gas was 1st choice or that Vic kowtowed to Gas.

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/04/22 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
@thekidfromthesouth

Amuso deserves more respect than many want to give. Being a boss from mid 80s on, was a poisoned chalice. I've never been convinced that gas was 1st choice or that Vic kowtowed to Gas.

yes he had a drinking problem,,, source said including fbi files " when drunk vic wanted his friends dead" also has artritis from too much handball playing days and he was in SING SING state prison where i done my research it was HELL,,, he meet there al darco and yes he deserves respect and light some shine into him hes last one of the 80s don,,,,, and on deck is alphonse allie boy persico

Re: Vic AMUSO THE TRULY LAST DON STANDIN - 05/05/22 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by thekidfromthesouth
Originally Posted by dsd
@thekidfromthesouth

yes he had a drinking problem,,, source said including fbi files " when drunk vic wanted his friends dead" also has artritis from too much handball playing days and he was in SING SING state prison where i done my research it was HELL,,, he meet there al darco and yes he deserves respect and light some shine into him hes last one of the 80s don,,,,, and on deck is alphonse allie boy persico

Allie Boy was never official boss he was acting.

Since this is a matter of opinion I guess everyone is correct in their own opinion.
As for Merlino, he is the BOSS, un-disputed at this point.

The guy has BALLS OF STEEL, he made himself and than he made himself the boss.
He has a loyal crew of shooters behind him.
Gambino and the Westside acknowledge him thats all he really needs.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET